Match Thread Middlesbrough (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

Confidence gone, no leaders on the pitch, no pace up front, can't string more than a couple of passes together, scored 1 goal in 4 games.
The formation isn't working, we need to go 4-4-2 and start shooting on site. I fear for the young lads who are struggling against seasoned pros in this league.

yeah let’s go 442 with no CBS who can manage in a two, no full backs, no wingers, and no target man.

OldBedrocker

Who’s this fucking mental on the radio? “It’s a great result” Oggy says it’s a poor result he’s says “who cares, I’m 67 I’ve been watching city for years”. Oggy asks him what about Friday he says “who cares if we lose”

Brighton Sky Blue

Tactics are costing us, we have very little pace, long balls are being knocked up to Godden and by the time thr ball arrives his marker is in front of him because he is too slow... so.... why dp we keep persisting in hoofing the ball forward because time after time it comes straight back...Shipley bottles 80 -20 challenges in his favour goes half hearted in closing down ...Sheaf is just toooo casual on the ball and slows play down, Allen is like a little boy playing against adults, Hamer needs a solid partner with him but the whole midfield were miles too deep tonight so Godden hadnt got a cat in hells chance of scoring and Walker still isnt showing anything whatsoever so far

It's not tactics, too many players just aren't good enough

CanuckSkyBlue

so stick with or time to look elsewhere ?

We cant be saying "i want him to stay, but he needs to change tactics, players etc" as that's all managers at all clubs.

Comes down to do we have faith in him or not ?.

I do !. He's learning as well.
I agree and after some of the managers we’ve had the grass isn’t always greener.

I’d stick with him because I’m not sure who could do better under his constraints.

SBT

Hilsner is gonna add sweet f all to this team from what I’ve seen. I definitely underestimated how strong the championship is!

Personally I'm surprised we haven't already sent him back to Germany. Feel sorry for the guy, but with the health problems that he's turned up with, it appears we've been sold a dud, and I doubt we'll persist with him through that like we have with Jodi.

Sky Blue Harry H

Think about it... He's fast as fuck... He's big and powerful... The question is solely on his attitude and his desire.. Isn't it really... He'd scare players more than Allen or o hare... Maybe for the wrong reasons but I don't think the club should give up on him just yet... As if we change system... He's going to be needed

Think he'd only last 20 to 30 mins at best. Still, if we could get him fit he wouldn't get knocked off the ball like a lot of the rest of the midfield. We would be desperate if we were relying on him being the difference though!

Liquid Gold

Our attacking midfield is a big problem. O'Hare is capable of magic but we can't expect him to do it over 46 games and so far Shipley and Allen just don't look up to the level. If we wanted to keep the box then we really needed to reinforce with an extra player in there. I wonder if fans not coming back had anything to do with us not making an extra signing.

Right now we're so deep we may as well pack the midfield more by playing Kelly, Sheaf & Hamer then stick a target man in Max or Baka on with Godden to go long. Going long with the box so deep and Godden isolated is pointless. We've not really created much in quite a few games now.

Evo1883

Marosi
Dabo ostigard fadz Mccalum
Kelly hamer
O hare /hilsner
Kasta / walker baka/godden /biamou/Giles / jobello

Take your pick

Fuck knows heads fried

Skyblue_CP

Hate to say it, i'm normally optemistic, but we are 100% going back down, having no crowds i feel has hurt us, you just need that at this level, to turn tides in games.

Sky Blue Dal

1 shot on target, one bloody shot with their superior 17 shots to our 3.

Am I in a middle of a nightmare right. It seems to be getting worse each match.

Is the loan market still open and an option? Something need to be done before we end up deep in it and irreversible.

Frostie

We all knew this season was going to be difficult
And so it's proving
Let's try to stay positive
Although it's easier said than done

Exactly.
Herein lies the problem, so many underestimated the huge step up to the Championship.

Most sane fans would accept staying up on goal difference given the gulf in quality & resources. Yes, things need to improve but we still have a chance to do that. Some perspective is needed.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair, don't think there are many who can't see the issues that currently exist. We need our management to organise and motivate the players. Saturday I was annoyed with one individual. Tonight we didn't play well and didn't have an effective attacking thread, but one decision by the ref/lack of concentration at the back cost us. It is these middle of the road games that we ought to have a real go at, as 3 points versus a battling draw is huge. Anyway, won't be down to you or me. Still a long way to go!

This is so much like the 11/12 season but with a bigger gap in budgets and a less idiotic manager. Just a young squad going out to take a shithousing every week

Liquid Gold

1 shot on target, one bloody shot with their superior 17 shots to our 3.

Am I in a middle of a nightmare right. It seems to be getting worse each match.

Is the loan market still open and an option? Something need to be done before we end up deep in it and irreversible.
That's the issue. First few games we looked competitive, that's slowly becoming a distant memory.

We have to get a win in the bank ASAP to turn the tide or the confidence will be gone, if it isn't already.

SBT

Hate to say it, i'm normally optemistic, but we are 100% going back down, having no crowds i feel has hurt us, you just need that at this level, to turn tides in games.

I hear you, but also we don't have a stadium so yeah (I'm sure the Warwick Uni project is getting closer though!)

Skyblue_CP

We might kerb conceding so many goals, but we planely will not score enough to keep us up, 1 goal in 6 games from open play.

fernandopartridge

That was utterly dreadful. We look an appalling side. You can forgive losing games at this level if it feels like you've given it your best shot but that was far from it tonight. Our passing is diabolical, we rarely find our own players no matter how little pressure the passer is under. Going forward we were completely toothless, Godden essentially took part in a 10km run this evening as opposed to a football match he has so little service. Tactically we were woeful, constantly going long to Shipley and Allen meaning we were gifting Middlesbrough possession with ease, all while playing a 3 at the back system with our wing backs offering nothing going forward. They were a poor side yet have beaten us and didn't have to play particularly well to do so. Getting sick of people banging on about how we should lower our expectations as well, may as well not bother at all this season if you think it's totally fine to play the way we are at the moment and lose every game we play. The results are shit and the football being played is even worse.
'Appalling' side is way over the top you clown

ccfc1234

so stick with or time to look elsewhere ?

We cant be saying "i want him to stay, but he needs to change tactics, players etc" as that's all managers at all clubs.

Comes down to do we have faith in him or not ?.

I do !. He's learning as well.
Robins deserves time and our support considering what he has achieved in a short period of time. Two things that concern me however are his stubbon attitude and his record managing at this level which has led to him being sacked a few times.

fernandopartridge

Robins has to be looking at a different formation for next game this week. Don’t care if it doesn’t work on the day but keep playing like we are and we are cannon fodder for the rest of the league.
We lost when we changed formation, we were headed for at least a draw before that

Terry_dactyl

I can’t remember any crosses going in today? We sat back for the draw...which is fine and I thought we were doing ok. Why did he change the formation?

Users who are viewing this thread