Match Thread Middlesbrough (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Allen & Shipley off for Walker & O’Hare

Would love to see Godden and Walker together but that would weaken our midfield (or we lose a CB). We're holding this because of the formation so far. Changing it and we're likely to collapse.

Great_Expectations

Positives;

Looked solid
Ostigard and Hamer improve the tram

Negatives
Minimal attacking intent
Lack of options/available/anything from the two AM’s

It’s a solid base to build from, and I think second half we’ll go for it, probably from 60 minutes if not immediately.

Definitely think we can get a result here - we’ve let them dominate and not looked too troubled. More attacking intent and I think we have a great chance. Any of Walker/O’Hare/Bapaga/Biamou could all offer something different.

fernandopartridge

Poor old Godden, we're very deep indeed. We had one or two moments that could have been good both wasted by Shipley, his passing has been poor first half.
Mccallum offering no outlet at all, be tempted to bring Dabo on as their 29 won't like going the other way.

BigadamL

Looking poor up top, people calling for Kelly for Shipley is crazy, add another defensive player?!?! Games crying out for ohare

ccfc92

I genuinely think we are playing with a different weighted ball or something in the championship compared to league one.

Players can't pass the ball correctly or control the ball.

We do seem slightly more solid at the back though, just need midfield to put their foot in more.

hill83

giphy.gif

skyblues83

Need to come back out focused and not confide straight after Half time again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Defence has done well, kept it relatively tight, but we have been so poor when we do get possession.

Shipley, Allen and Godden havent been good enough when have had the ball in the boro half.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Zero shots at half time.. I mean it's great we aren't losing, but we aren't this bad wtf

theferret

As poor as we have been going forward, there are possibilities here with a change in personnel 2nd half. Boro haven't impressed. Wouldn't surprise me if we nicked this.

Esoterica

for all 6 games in a far superior league ?, id rather be watching this game than us play plymouth and be 1-0 up
Yes, think you've misunderstood me. It's an understandable response from Robins to set us up to get to HT at 0-0 when we've just conceded 4 and been leaking goals. Not pretty on the eye but probably needed. Expect the wing backs to be a bit more attacking 2nd half and to see O'Hare for Shipley sooner rather than later.

Kieranp96

Better half than recent games, but still the same issue, correct system correct mentality just no quality, and of a bit a quality pops up ie a great run of the ball they mess the pass up, but fingers crossed for a point atleast.

Grendel

Awful game but that’s what we need to survive in this league. Try and grind out results and forget the nonsense we can compete on a passing and possession basis - most encouraging 45 minutes I’ve seen

Happy_Martian

Warnock waiting to give the ref some on the way in at H T, tosser

He's probably asking the ref to abandon the 2nd half so we don't have to see much more ;)

AFCCOVENTRY

Positives;

Looked solid
Ostigard and Hamer improve the tram

Negatives
Minimal attacking intent
Lack of options/available/anything from the two AM’s

It’s a solid base to build from, and I think second half we’ll go for it, probably from 60 minutes if not immediately.

Definitely think we can get a result here - we’ve let them dominate and not looked too troubled. More attacking intent and I think we have a great chance. Any of Walker/O’Hare/Bapaga/Biamou could all offer something different.

We were all aboard the sky blue express last year. Now we’re on the sky blue tram?

JulianDarbyFTW

I guess if we were offered a 0-0 away from home against Middlesborough before the game, we'd have taken it. A clean sheet would do us the world of good mentally, too. It's just that it's soooooo boring to watch.

Liquid Gold

Looking poor up top, people calling for Kelly for Shipley is crazy, add another defensive player?!?! Games crying out for ohare
I’ve not made that call but taking an attacking player off for a defensive one doesn’t necessary make you more defensive. If you win the midfield battle you can be 10/15 yards further up the pitch which then gives the attackers on the pitch touches in and around the box.

Woodster

I know there's a quality gap and the financial reasons behind that etc. but I just don't see how playing this way can possibly keep us up, there's too many good sides in this league who will eventually create a good chance. We either need to be braver in possession, get someone closer to Godden or play a different striker.

cc84cov

Awful game but that’s what we need to survive in this league. Try and grind out results and forget the nonsense we can compete on a passing and possession basis - most encouraging 45 minutes I’ve seen

You can’t be serious G ? Our forward play is shocking

CanadianCCFC

Could’ve been worse. The attacking midfielders have been pointless. Need Giles in our attacks more if we’re going to score but at least he’s not getting beat defensively as often as normal.

Evo1883

This league is a massive step up from league 1. And that’s basically it.

Yea I mean that's obvious, but for the most part we sit 10 behind the ball and tell godden to run and chase 20 yards ahead of the rest

cc84cov

Could’ve been worse. The attacking midfielders have been pointless. Need Giles in our attacks more if we’re going to score but at least he’s not getting beat defensively as often as normal.
It’s non existent put walker & O’Hare on to run the channels

ccfc92

Feel sorry for Godden with Shipley & Allen behind him this evening 👎🏼👎🏼

There was one point, where there was about 20+ yards between them. Godden definitely needs someone to help him out, he can't take on everyone but has no one to pass to.

Users who are viewing this thread