Video Middlesbrough v Coventry City highlights (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

Very poor by Shipley. He was a couple of yards in front of the defender when the ball was crossed so should have got there first.

Their first goal was such a basic one to concede. We seem to be letting in similar soft ones week in week out andwe can't keep leaking 2 goals a game if we are to stay up. Last season we were defensively very strong and coming into this season I expected that to be one of our strengths so this start has provided a real wake up call.

stevefloyd

I have tried not to slate Shipley but he isn't the player we want or need, yes he is a homegrown player who loves the club but he is shit scared of any type of tackle, yes he has an eye for goal at times and I thank him for that but you wouldn't want someone like that next to you in the trenches

larry_david

I have tried not to slate Shipley but he isn't the player we want or need, yes he is a homegrown player who loves the club but he is shit scared of any type of tackle, yes he has an eye for goal at times and I thank him for that but you wouldn't want someone like that next to you in the trenches
Weirdly you're right. I watched him after he didn't connect to that tap in and he was gone. Giles or hyam had it at lb surrounded by 3 men and Shipley actually turned his back on them and walked up field. It was absolutely disgusting.

stevefloyd

Weirdly you're right. I watched him after he didn't connect to that tap in and he was gone. Giles or hyam had it at lb surrounded by 3 men and Shipley actually turned his back on them and walked up field. It was absolutely disgusting.
I have been saying this to my son for a while and this season he is worse than ever, he has given us some good memories but in some ways I would rather see Kasta playing ...hmmmm no scrap that I think I am still angry from last night

Winny the Bish

It’s not any players fault they’re being asked to perform above their level.
But surely it is their fault they look so scared whilst doing it?

We had one moment in the 2nd half where the entire team pushed up 15 yards and pressured Boro from a goal kick, won possession from group pressing, and nearly created a chance. AND THEN THEY DROPPED 15 YARDS AGAIN.

PVA

If it was Godden instead of Shipley for that chance I'm 100% certain we'd have gone 1-0 up

Sky Blue Harry H

If it was Godden instead of Shipley for that chance I'm 100% certain we'd have gone 1-0 up

I thought the defender did well to be fair to him - great tracking - I was out of my seat trying to force it over the line at the time!

On a side note - and I shouted for it at the time - although he shouldn't have dribbled with it, for the first goal I thought it was a definite foul on Walker. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here more. I've rewatched it several times and still think the same.

cc84cov

I thought the defender did well to be fair to him - great tracking - I was out of my seat trying to force it over the line at the time!

On a side note - and I shouted for it at the time - although he shouldn't have dribbled with it, for the first goal I thought it was a definite foul on Walker. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned on here more. I've rewatched it several times and still think the same.
Didn’t think it was a foul at the time but seeing it again there’s defo a case for it but why is he even attempting the dribble there in the first place

Brighton Sky Blue

The more I look at it I think it’s just brilliant defending

Bugsy

thinking out the box, i would try Biamou and ohare behind Godden.....PUSB

higgs

Marosi is looking very shaky spilling and parrying the ball out into dangerous areas is he carrying an injury or is he being found out at this level?

The boys need to wake up giving up soft goals from ball watching need to show some bottle and man up to the challenge because at the moment it looks like we are going down without a whimper

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Marosi is looking very shaky spilling and parrying the ball out into dangerous areas is he carrying an injury or is he being found out at this level?

The boys need to wake up giving up soft goals from ball watching need to show some bottle and man up to the challenge because at the moment it looks like we are going down without a whimper

If we get a lot of balls played into our box, any keeper will have the odd fumble. Marosi is not an issue (except in passing some balls to our defenders when teams are pressing)

Plenty of people whimpering to be fair

higgs

If we get a lot of balls played into our box, any keeper will have the odd fumble. Marosi is not an issue (except in passing some balls to our defenders when teams are pressing)

Plenty of people whimpering to be fair
Last season he was gathering those shots it shouldn't matter what division we are in that was bread and butter stuff that he was doing well last season

Sky Blue Harry H

Last season he was gathering those shots it shouldn't matter what division we are in that was bread and butter stuff that he was doing well last season

Not sure what you are saying about Marosi, though? All keepers make the occasional fumble. he hasn't done anything glaringly bad imo. Fancy Burge or Ben Wilson between the sticks instead?

fatso

All this slating of Shipley is covering up the fact that Allen is an absolute anonymous passenger. We need to replace him and Shipley with O'hare and someone with a physical presence, maybe even give Kastaneer a try (desperate I know)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

All this slating of Shipley is covering up the fact that Allen is an absolute anonymous passenger. We need to replace him and Shipley with O'hare and someone with a physical presence, maybe even give Kastaneer a try (desperate I know)
I think Allen has been criticized across the board to be honest. As you have suggested, he's been a passenger, but a passenger who hasn't made countless glaringly bad passes/touches. I don't know which is worse to be honest, but one is a lot more noticable than the other so it's not a surprise to the average football fan that one has been picked up more than the other.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd go Kelly Hamer Sheaf and O'Hare or alternatively change formation. leave out O'Hare and push a Baka/Max/Walker up to assist Godden

fatso

I think Allen has been criticized across the board to be honest. As you have suggested, he's been a passenger, but a passenger who hasn't made countless glaringly bad passes/touches. I don't know which is worse to be honest, but one is a lot more noticable than the other so it's not a surprise to the average football fan that one has been picked up more than the other.
I agree, but for all his errors, at least Shipley is involved, and tries to make a difference.
With Allen in the team, we've been playing with 10 men. We just cant afford to keep carrying him.

SlowerThanPlatt

I agree, but for all his errors, at least Shipley is involved, and tries to make a difference.
With Allen in the team, we've been playing with 10 men. We just cant afford to keep carrying him.
It would help if there was an alternative

higgs

Not sure what you are saying about Marosi, though? All keepers make the occasional fumble. he hasn't done anything glaringly bad imo. Fancy Burge or Ben Wilson between the sticks instead?
I think he's a better keeper than what he's showing at the moment is he carrying an injury or is it loss of confidence he's spilling the ball a lot more than he did last season he's got away with it on a few occasions this season even last night he could of cost us at least 3 goals.

I'm not on here slating him I think he's a good keeper but for some reason he's underperforming compared to last season.

Would I drop him for Wilson NO would I prefer Burge in goal fuck NO.

SlowerThanPlatt

I think he's a better keeper than what he's showing at the moment is he carrying an injury or is it loss of confidence he's spilling the ball a lot more than he did last season he's got away with it on a few occasions this season even last night he could of cost us at least 3 goals.

I'm not on here slating him I think he's a good keeper but for some reason he's underperforming compared to last season.

Would I drop him for Wilson NO would I prefer Burge in goal fuck NO.

‘For some reason’

Users who are viewing this thread