Middlesbrough fan in peace! (1 Viewer)

red_flag

Boro fan (in peace)

Firstly, I'm sorry for all Sky Blues fans that you're in the situation where other clubs are coming in for your players. You're obviously in the doldrums a bit right now but you're still a big club with decent support (in my day you were a fixture in the top flight) and you'll bounce back. I hope you escape the drop and if you don't, keep the faith.

Obviously, since it looks like this deal for 'Juke' (don't ask me to spell it!) will be made, myself and other Boro fans are interested to hear what the thoughts are regarding his abilities from those who watch him every week...

That's it really; like I say, best of luck - except for a week Saturday ;)

Bertola

Gets battered from Pillar to Post by opposing centre halves, but never gives up. Holds the ball up well, has a decent first touch and wins plenty in the air.

His finishing is improving all the time. You've got yourselves a bargain at £2m in my eyes.

What are your thoughts on Nimely? We're supposed to be signing him on loan to replace him

Moff

Firstly, I'm sorry for all Sky Blues fans that you're in the situation where other clubs are coming in for your players. You're obviously in the doldrums a bit right now but you're still a big club with decent support (in my day you were a fixture in the top flight) and you'll bounce back. I hope you escape the drop and if you don't, keep the faith.

Obviously, since it looks like this deal for 'Juke' (don't ask me to spell it!) will be made, myself and other Boro fans are interested to hear what the thoughts are regarding his abilities from those who watch him every week...

Juke is a rapidlly improving player, has a good work ethic and will do well for you. In a pathetically poor team he has found the net, and in a good attacking team like yours he will do well.

I think he will be a good addition, and Mowbray has made an excellent signing.

Knowing Boro fairly well after sharing a house with a Boro fan years ago, you will know whats its like seeing your club on the verge of financial ruin, although in our case they havent yet locked us out. Any advice on how to keep our spirits up as we are really in the shit???

(Has Steve Gibson got any rich family who wants to invest in a Midlands club known to have the current worlds most put on fans?)

superskyblue

Seems to have a knack of scoring despite not being a great finisher in a one on one situation. He's a decent player, but in my opinion £2m is overpriced. A good Championship striker but really do have my doubts about his ability to play in the Premier League, which is presumably where Boro want to be.

WillieStanley

In a nutshell, bertolla. I'm very sad to see him go.

Btw, it hasn't been reported that £2m is the fee, its just stated that he is rated as that much. I doubt as to whether we'll recieve that much.

KersleyDigs

He's better than Leon best was after two seasons with us and will improve further still. I believe he'll be a midf to low Prem striker. Very honest, hard working lad

red_flag

Didn't see him live myself (live down south) so can't really comment. Other accounts have him as 'raw' - i.e. has talent but at the moment it's often mis-directed. He tended to come on for 10-15 mins (the classic 'run about a bit, son') which is never a fair chance for a player. Maybe he'll get more of a chance at Cov and will shine.

Chipfat

Juke in a decent talent and will get better with experience,, better than Holt,Morrisson and you very own Graham at the same stage of their career and i see him as the same sort of player.

skybluealan

I live in the North East but support Coventry. I will be at the Boro match on Saturday against Burnley. I have seen him play quite a lot for Coventry and he really is improving. He will be a great asset to the Boro and I think he will do well in the Premier league. He will score goals for you and I think could be the final bolt that will get you promotion.

red_flag

Juke is a rapidlly improving player, has a good work ethic and will do well for you. In a pathetically poor team he has found the net, and in a good attacking team like yours he will do well.

I think he will be a good addition, and Mowbray has made an excellent signing.

Knowing Boro fairly well after sharing a house with a Boro fan years ago, you will know whats its like seeing your club on the verge of financial ruin, although in our case they havent yet locked us out. Any advice on how to keep our spirits up as we are really in the shit???

(Has Steve Gibson got any rich family who wants to invest in a Midlands club known to have the current worlds most put on fans?)

I was there in 1986 when we played against Port Vale at Hartlepool in Div 3 cos we'd been locked out. Having subsequently been on the Robbo odyssey, then onto lift our first trophy and to a Euro final, we are now exactly back to where we started when I first started supporting Boro aged 8 (1973/4 season under Big Jack).

All of that up and down makes me completely calm about things, which is to say these things are cyclical. There are about 7 big clubs in England (maybe 10 if you include Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland for support). Then there's about 25-30 (which includes both our teams) who have the size to 'make a bid' as it were. 2 or 3 years ago, we would look on the likes of Stoke as a feeder club' - now the situation is exactly reversed. If we are destined to go up, good, but I won't get carried away. If we don't, we'll lose Rhys Williams and maybe Bennett and we'll probably sink back - that's life. The good thing about Gibson is that he will gamble, because he knows where he wants to go and has got there before. It definitely helps to have an owner like that but a good bunch of academy lads and a manager who takes things on the flood can give you that momentum also - look at Blackpool.

Like I say, you'll bounce back.

SkyBlueScottie

Very good player, good target man, runs the channels well, can beat a player with skill and force, will run and run all day, often looks dead on his feet, but still keeps on going, apparently opta stats have him the most fouled player in the championship which shows defenders dont like playing against him.

His finishing is improving all the time he scored 9 last year, and scored 9 already in a team that's bottom of the table. the majority of his goals also came from March onwards of last year so it shows his improvement. During his season and a bit here he has made more appearances here than at all his other previous clubs put together so has only recently just played his 100th game.

I am gutted to be losing him.

rob9872

Awful player complete waste of space you don't want him, get on the phone to Steve Gibson and tell him he's got the wrong one. Roy O'Donovan is the one you should come in for and we have no objections if he plays against us a week on Saturday. Good luck.

Terrible player tell mowbray to steer clear, lol. Good player in the right team can become a great player and still young.

red_flag

Awful player complete waste of space you don't want him, get on the phone to Steve Gibson and tell him he's got the wrong one. Roy O'Donovan is the one you should come in for and we have no objections if he plays against us a week on Saturday. Good luck.

:) Sounds like Ron O'Donovan is your Lee Miller (a comedy Strachan signing of recent times).

I'm actually starting to feel a kind of vicarious guilt here. Obviously the boy sounds like he might be a good signing for us but I'd rather he was coming from a Prem reserve team or something rather than a proud club that's apparently getting fisted by something called SISU - they sound like one of those sinister Zimbabwean political parties. We've lost our fair share of players in recent times (two homegrown current England wingers for a start) so I'm feeling your pain. Really hope you stay up now, lads.

shmmeee

Will play in the Prem, has everything you want in a modern target man: strong as an ox, will hold off two or three defenders with ease. Get a decent ref and you'll have 10-15 free kicks a game, unfortunately there aren't any decent refs in this league. Has a great shot on him, runs the channels well.

Typing that out made me even more depressed we are losing him. One of maybe three quality players in our team. Genuinely nice guy as well, on twitter @lukeyjuke

dont see what he will add to you, he works hard but for a striker his finishing is shocking in my opinion, if he had put away half the chances he has missed we might be a few places further up, i know he has become a bit of a favourite but if people are honest its because he works hard and seems a genuine bloke, but premiership material? get real

skybluegod

he's the worst striker i have ever seen waste of money imo glad to see him go :claping hands: no but he is a talent and all the best to him.

Sutty

dont see what he will add to you, he works hard but for a striker his finishing is shocking in my opinion, if he had put away half the chances he has missed we might be a few places further up, i know he has become a bit of a favourite but if people are honest its because he works hard and seems a genuine bloke, but premiership material? get real

Yeah the fella with 9 goals this season just isn't good enough.

It's only the same (pretty much) as the rest of the squad put together.

kingharvest

His movement and positioning is also improving with games. You can tell pretty quickly he was trained at a decent club (Everton), its a shame he didn't have a lot of strikers to learn off up there! Partnered with someone with some experience i think you'll see him really start to grow into a very good, hard working and effective player.

I'm not sure he'll ever score 20+ goals, its possible, but with good players around him he'll create/influence plenty.

Yeah - i agree with the above as well though, not a natural finisher.

Yeah the fella with 9 goals this season just isn't good enough.

It's only the same (pretty much) as the rest of the squad put together.

I think what he's saying is he isn't there yet. Lets be honest and say if he was as good as Marlon King we wouldn't be bottom as Marlon Would've slotted more away than Juke.

rob9872

Other players have improved in areas too though ... unless you think adding back Gunnar, Turner, Westy and King wouldn't improve what we have, in which case I wonder what game you watch.

Paxman II

Will probably do better at a team doing better. Not a bad lad and very capable. The sort you see hit a great goal and expect plenty of exciting things to come but never really materializes. Perhaps he will do that with a change of scenery. has improved but nothing dramatic so far. better coaches will get the best from him.

Juke has been consistently difficult to play against this season. Defenders generally know they've been in a game; he will run them across the park and holds the ball up really well. His goal tally has improved this season and he will be a huge loss (just look at the goals tally for the rest of the team). He's fairly good in the air and will look to bring on willing runners. A good acquisition at this level; young, improving, seems like he has a good temperament. As suffering fans we have been resigned to him leaving for a while and could have pre-empted the script of him being replaced by a barely tested youngster who has most recently been warming your bench as our replacement. I wouldn't be shocked to witness a fire sale, with SISU only taking enough cheap loanees to keep rolling out a matchday squad. I can only assume there are further saleable assets before they do one... can't see why they would flog the best players and recoup the cash, then remain in post to continue making losses. I would not be taken aback to see the likes of Keogh, Clingan, Cranie, Christie, Bigi, Thomas being the subject of bids... we are like Woolworths, the football team.

red_flag

Juke has been consistently difficult to play against this season. Defenders generally know they've been in a game; he will run them across the park and holds the ball up really well. His goal tally has improved this season and he will be a huge loss (just look at the goals tally for the rest of the team). He's fairly good in the air and will look to bring on willing runners. A good acquisition at this level; young, improving, seems like he has a good temperament. As suffering fans we have been resigned to him leaving for a while and could have pre-empted the script of him being replaced by a barely tested youngster who has most recently been warming your bench as our replacement. I wouldn't be shocked to witness a fire sale, with SISU only taking enough cheap loanees to keep rolling out a matchday squad. I can only assume there are further saleable assets before they do one... can't see why they would flog the best players and recoup the cash, then remain in post to continue making losses. I would not be taken aback to see the likes of Keogh, Clingan, Cranie, Christie, Bigi, Thomas being the subject of bids... we are like Woolworths, the football team.

I've been reading a bit about about what's been going on (with your club) since I posted on here - I had no idea, natch. A hedge fund? Jesus. Well, a hedge fund exists to make money, as far as I 'm aware. Despite football clubs now being owned by global scoundrels, most are still not run with the purpose of making money. They are run for the same purpose they always were, which is to gratify rich men.

I hope you manage to drum those bastards out of your club and frankly, I don't really care if we sign this guy or not now.

pusbccfc

I've been reading a bit about about what's been going on (with your club) since I posted on here - I had no idea, natch. A hedge fund? Jesus. Well, a hedge fund exists to make money, as far as I 'm aware. Despite football clubs now being owned by global scoundrels, most are still not run with the purpose of making money. They are run for the same purpose they always were, which is to gratify rich men.

I hope you manage to drum those bastards out of your club and frankly, I don't really care if we sign this guy or not now.

Fair play to you.

wingy

You will be glad you did.

Jimthor

I think we're in a lot of trouble without Lukas. Aside from when Macca occasionally shows up, he's the only real goal threat we have. Has improved consistently since joining us and always works his socks off. With better service i think he'll do really well.
Personally i don't see him as a Premier League player (although as many have said, with development, who knows?). But for any side wanting to cement a spot in the play-offs or push above, i think he's a great signing.

Took a while to find his feet for us, so be patient with him if he doesn't come good straight away. Then again, with much more competitive game-time under his belt since joining, i expect he'll probably hit the ground running. Fully expecting him to score against us later this month!

stay_up_skyblues

Great signing for Boro, workhorse but has a touch of class.

Don't lisen to the 12 year old fans who knock his finishing, he is averaging 1 every other game in a dire side so will no doubt score for fun in your team.

The lad never gives up, if he misses 2 or 3 but keeps going and often gets his goal. Just be patient with him.

Ibby

I hope CCFC do stay up you need to spend this funds to buy a goal scorer and Mowbray has been along term target of him.

RansonRarrr

Great player, works really hard. He'll do well for you.
Shame we weren't able to keep him but we are skint and our owners are selling everything we have.
Jukebox as he's known here always gives 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread