Middlesborough - Pre Match (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

As simple as it sounds, what are everyone’s plans before the incredibly significant game on Monday?

I am fortunate enough to have a ticket, and I mentioned it on the match thread, but by (sort of) fortunate coincidence I’m away for the weekend for a family birthday in a tiny village situated in the North York Moors - about 30 miles from Middlesbrough.

However the only realistic train I can get arrives into Middlesbrough at 10:15, so I’ll find somewhere for breakfast/coffee/a pint(!), before the others I’m meeting arrive around midday.

What time/where are those going who are heading to the game? What are those watching/listening by other methods doing to settle the nerves?

torchomatic

We have tickets and are stopping overnight in the Premier Inn after the game. Mainly for the all-you-can-eat breakfast.

Not sure what time I'll be setting off from Warwick. Traffic won't be too bad.

rob9872

We have tickets and are stopping overnight in the Premier Inn after the game. Mainly for the all-you-can-eat breakfast.

Not sure what time I'll be setting off from Warwick. Traffic won't be too bad.
We're doing the opposite and staying the night before in Stockton 4 miles from the ground. Family room £45 and of course plus the breakers to set us up before the game.

mmttww

As simple as it sounds, what are everyone’s plans before the incredibly significant game on Monday? What are those watching/listening by other methods doing to settle the nerves?
airplane GIF

Astute

Spoke to the wife less than an hour ago. She has been away for nearly 3 weeks. Not only has she ruined my day by informing me she is coming back but booked her flight without checking with me. She lands about 90 minutes before kickoff 😳

At least the roads will be clear here. Into the second hour of lunch time. And it is also a very important day in France. Victory day is taken very seriously. Every commune however small has their own celebration/memorial.

fatso

Spoke to the wife less than an hour ago. She has been away for nearly 3 weeks. Not only has she ruined my day by informing me she is coming back but booked her flight without checking with me. She lands about 90 minutes before kickoff 😳

At least the roads will be clear here. Into the second hour of lunch time. And it is also a very important day in France. Victory day is taken very seriously. Every commune however small has their own celebration/memorial.
Can you not persuade her to stay abroad for another day?
I mean how totally selfish and inconsiderate of her, honestly some fucking people can be so thoughtless. 😉

The sacrifices us men have to make!!!

Astute

Can you not persuade her to stay abroad for another day?
I mean how totally selfish and inconsiderate of her, honestly some fucking people can be so thoughtless. 😉

The sacrifices us men have to make!!!
Only live an hour away from the airport. So as long as she doesn't get stuck at security we will be OK. But it isn't the day to be stone cold sober for the game.

She will have to drive back so I can have a few tinnies to calm the nerves. Have 4 games to keep an eye on.

fatso

Only live an hour away from the airport. So as long as she doesn't get stuck at security we will be OK. But it isn't the day to be stone cold sober for the game.

She will have to drive back so I can have a few tinnies to calm the nerves. Have 4 games to keep an eye on.
I don't envy you, if shes anything like my mrs I can imagine how much rattling she'll do after 3 weeks away!!!

Covcraig@bury

There’s some selfish fucking women about , my misses said earlier she would like to go to the game if we get through , I now thinking should I just get divorced ? Looking for guidance 🤔

Astute

I don't envy you, if shes anything like my mrs I can imagine how much rattling she'll do after 3 weeks away!!!
Mine has always thought I am deaf in my left ear. I zone out so I can't hear her. Just blame it on my deafness if she is supposed to have said something important.

She knows when I'm not happy with her because I walk on her right side 😁

Astute

There’s some selfish fucking women about , my misses said earlier she would like to go to the game if we get through , I now thinking should I just get divorced ? Looking for guidance 🤔
If you're going to do it make sure it isn't very long into your marriage. It will cost you less 😆

Mine isn't bad for a woman. If only she could shut that mouth of hers 🤐

Covcraig@bury

If you're going to do it make sure it isn't very long into your marriage. It will cost you less 😆

Mine isn't bad for a woman. If only she could shut that mouth of hers 🤐
I don’t think I can afford another divorce at my age , but death by Bungay Bungay with 20 thousand people at the CBS saying I was there might get me off . Here’s hoping 🙏

Johhny Blue

I’m in England but can’t make the game. I will be around Milwall most of today. Trying to avoid the scores until I’m home next week but it will be hard to avoid Milwall fans tonight in the pubs. I’ll avoid the temptation to take the piss.

Great_Expectations

Surreal pre match so far; departing train station is also an active steam railway, so loads of steam related activities going on.

Despite being in the middle of nowhere, 8 Boro fans boarded where I did, and each stop at the next tiny village even more get on. I suppose it probably is the closest “big team” to the Moors.

And my station might have had an active steam railway line, but the coffee shop refused to open even a minute early for me to get a coffee/food etc, and there’s no service on this tiny train.

All in all; just glad the train turned up and I’m on route now - just got to work out where to go once I get there!

Users who are viewing this thread