Mid Table finish? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Id be over the moon with survival
Get to the end of the season and still in the Championship and some firm progress on coming back to Cov, either by something happening at the Ricoh or them surprising everyone one and actually putting in a planning application, and I'd be ecstatic. Especially if we can go into the last couple of games already safe.

steve cooper

Slightly off topic, just wondering who was the last team to get promoted from league one to the Championship, then following season promoted to the Premier league?
I think Man City were promoted from L3 (the old Div 2) in 1999, then promoted again in 2000 to the premier league

Sky Blue Harry H

Brentford I think will walk this league next season, then we have the ex Prem sides plus teams like Derby Forest, the list could go on, so if we can get in the top half I'll be happy, estactic and surprised if anything higher.

Brentford and Norwich comfortably top 2 - not sure which order (actually fancy Norwich more). We will have a few defeats, but I also think we are a good footballing side, and assuming we get a holding CDM to support/cover for Kelly. then I am confident we can turn over a number of teams. The playing out from the back may come under scrutiny if it costs us the odd goal or two, and it will be interesting to see if we tweak the system if this happens. Can't see us changing it too much, as we are no Rotherham/Cardiff physical style team, and for me our whole ethos has started to develop through playing on the ground. No hoofball, and long may it continue.

procdoc

Realistically just staying up will be an achievement. A lot of the sides in this league have full internationals in their teams. I like the optimism some people have but there are some very good teams in this league with players valued above 10 million

covboy1987

I’d be happy with a season of consolidation and a mid table finish.But occasionally I think sod it we are on the crest of a wave, it’s inevitable we are gonna get promoted ;)
The scene is set in our favour this year as its unlike any year in the championship - No fans to start - When fans do return small numbers - most likely no away fans all season - Top qality pitch - on the crest of a wave -advntage Cov - we might just snatch a promtion spot

Dions Dong

Going to be a long old endurance test this season. Happily take consolidation and a lower half finish , however momentum is a funny thing and this team could literally do anything.

Will be a fun ride that’s for sure 👍 PUSB

Macca

So long as we stay in the Championship I’m happy with a few entertaining games, local derbies. No interest in getting into the Premier League, maybe a nice little cup run here and there.

covcity4life

We’ll be lucky to stay up, some people are going to be in for a reality check soon.
It's an absolute unknown of a season imo

We dont know how covid is going to affect other clubs finances and squads

We dont know if 1 or 2 teams will dominate this season

We dont know know good we are ourselves

I am looking forward to if as havw no idea if cheeky promotion push or fighting relegation zone all season long

Personally if we get a DM I think we have a deep squad with lots of different tools/weapons we can use

Let's see how it goes. Bristol city away is a big a test as we can get 1st day. They always around playoff picture

SlowerThanPlatt

Burnley wage bill £27m the season they got promoted - they signed Andre Gray for £6m and were paying Joey Barton’s wages. They don’t spend much in the Premier League but definitely invested to get there/back there

There doesn’t seem to be a ‘realistic’ case for a club like us so it should temper expectations somewhat...

Brighton Sky Blue

Burnley wage bill £27m the season they got promoted - they signed Andre Gray for £6m and were paying Joey Barton’s wages. They don’t spend much in the Premier League but definitely invested to get there/back there

There doesn’t seem to be a ‘realistic’ case for a club like us so it should temper expectations somewhat...

I meant more their first Dyche promotion. Didn’t spend much really during that time

Grendel

I assume Blackpool are an example on their one promotion season

Brighton Sky Blue

Then again their wage bill was much higher and they had parachute payments

They also made a slight profit that season unlike most promoted sides and on smaller crowds than we’d get at the Ricoh. Dyche only spent money on one player I believe.

Grendel

They also made a slight profit that season unlike most promoted sides and on smaller crowds than we’d get at the Ricoh. Dyche only spent money on one player I believe.

They made a profit but the holding company made a loss. Again wages were collosal and more than Brentford now

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread