Micheal Doyle - Captain fantastic (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

A big shout out to Doyler , who currently (don't want to jinx it) the oldest player in our squad is the only ever present in the league! One of the most influential and one of the first 3 names on the team sheet according to many including me.

Massive having him as a leader! was what we lacked in League one last year.

He is out of contract in the Summer. My Question do you think we should offer him another deal for next year in either League one or god forbid still in League two?

pastythegreat

A big shout out to Doyler , who currently (don't want to jinx it) the oldest player in our squad is the only ever present in the league! One of the most influential and one of the first 3 names on the team sheet according to many including me.

He is out of contract in the Summer. My Question do you think we should offer him another deal for next year in either League one or god forbid still in League two?
Yes, technically far from the most gifted of footballers in the team but tonnes of experience and fight. Does the job we need him to do very well. I think he's probably got another season in his legs before he retires but in L2 I'm afraid. I think Pompey could see that hence he was let go. I think we should be looking at his replacement now in preparation for L1 football. Him, but 8 or 9 years younger! If we miss promotion then I'd happily have him on for another season.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Yes, technically far from the most gifted of footballers in the team but tonnes of experience and fight. Does the job we need him to do very well. I think he's probably got another season in his legs before he retires but in L2 I'm afraid. I think Pompey could see that hence he was let go. I think we should be looking at his replacement now in preparation for L1 football. Him, but 8 or 9 years younger! If we miss promotion then I'd happily have him on for another season.

Perfectly summed up. My thoughts too.
We need to be looking now for league one.
I liked the look of Callum Reilly.

But we need a leader type.

mds

Going up or in the league we are in id keep him for another season, has the experience and edge we need and even in the league above not playing every week i would want his attitude and experience around the younger players for guidance and a bit of bite, i dont think he would be afraid to give them a kick up the arse if they needed it, for the sake of a year and if he`s fit enough, speedwise he`s not exactly Usain Bolt now is he, if we go up and he`s up for it, keep him.

RoboCCFC90

Definitely get Doyler signed up for another year!

Adge

Thinking about all the posts in the summer where we have signed “a good League 2 player” and that has turned out to be the case. I think even SW88 will admit that. The ironic thing is we persisted with him in the Championship for a good 6-7 years where he was clearly out of his depth.
If we manage to go up I think he should bow out on a high and we should wish him all the best.

Nonleagueherewecome

Thinking about all the posts in the summer where we have signed “a good League 2 player” and that has turned out to be the case. I think even SW88 will admit that. The ironic thing is we persisted with him in the Championship for a good 6-7 years where he was clearly out of his depth.
If we manage to go up I think he should bow out on a high and we should wish him all the best.

Well he won our Player of the Year once in the Championship, so wasn't that out of his depth. He was never technically gifted then either but he covered more miles than most players closing down and running off the ball and the OPTA stats backed that up entirely. He was probably at his best when he was doing the legwork for Wise (and no doubt learnt a hell of a lot about game management from him!) and Boothroyd's challenge for the playoffs fell away dramatically once his midfield partnership with Carsley was broken up (Carsley lost to injury, Doyle given away to Sheff U to get him off the wage bill). And of course we got relegated after he left....

To the OP, yeah I would give him another year even if we went up, for the reasons mds says above. He wouldn't be in my team every week but I'd want him around the camp and for the tough away games where we are looking to mostly counter.

Dazmataz

Another solid performance tonight - how is he able to pay so many games? I thought he would have been knackered after Saturday

Our player of the season without a doubt so far. Willis is a close second though in my opinion.

SlowerThanPlatt

Doyle is a great role model for any young player at this club or even at any other club. Think even he would admit he isn’t blessed with technical ability but he’s made the best out of what he’s got throughout his career and is still playing 40 game seasons at 36

Kevin Thornton for example, was a very gifted footballer but off the pitch didn’t manage himself properly and therefore hasn’t even had half the career Doyle has

Speedies_Chips

Doyle is a great role model for any young player at this club or even at any other club. Think even he would admit he isn’t blessed with technical ability but he’s made the best out of what he’s got throughout his career and is still playing 40 game seasons at 36

Kevin Thornton for example, was a very gifted footballer but off the pitch didn’t manage himself properly and therefore hasn’t even had half the career Doyle has
Make that a tenth.

Londonccfcfan

Top goal from today. The hunger and desire to drive forward into the box surprised even me.

And apparently he’s carrying an injury too!

steve82

He wasn't let go by Pompey in the summer, Portsmouth manager at the time Paul Cooke wanted to keep him an offer a new deal.

Because of the talk of a take over a contract was slow in coming to the table, MR and TW approached him, offered terms and he signed.

Didn't want to wait all summer to decide his future...

Worked out well for us. Is everything we've needed for so long.

Back to the point I think he's worth another year for sure with the amount of home grown kids around the building. No one better to look up to than a man who demands 110%.

Otis

He wasn't let go by Pompey in the summer, Portsmouth manager at the time Paul Cooke wanted to keep him an offer a new deal.

Because of the talk of a take over a contract was slow in coming to the table, MR and TW approached him, offered terms and he signed.

Didn't want to wait all summer to decide his future...

Worked out well for us. Is everything we've needed for so long.

Back to the point I think he's worth another year for sure with the amount of home grown kids around the building. No one better to look up to than a man who demands 110%.
Yeah, even though the concept doesn't even exist and the very notion of it should very much be in the 'things that annoy me' thread.

I'm sure Doyle also works 25/7 and 8 days a week and listens to music on the iPod he has that goes up to a volume of 11 out of 10.

Mucca Mad Boys

As much as I think Doyle has been a revelation, I think extending his contract boils down to where we are playing our football next year. If we get promoted, I don't think we should renew his contract. I say this because I feel like we'd have to change the way we play tactically and L1 would probably suit Bayliss and Kelly more than Doyle and Bayliss.

Either way, he's been a top signing for us, well done Doyle and MR.

P.S. how far off is he off a testimonial match? I'd like to see him have a testimonial match myself.

Londonccfcfan

As much as I think Doyle has been a revelation, I think extending his contract boils down to where we are playing our football next year. If we get promoted, I don't think we should renew his contract. I say this because I feel like we'd have to change the way we play tactically and L1 would probably suit Bayliss and Kelly more than Doyle and Bayliss.

Either way, he's been a top signing for us, well done Doyle and MR.

P.S. how far off is he off a testimonial match? I'd like to see him have a testimonial match myself.

Testimonial ....lol

We should do one and he should donate 50% of all proceeds to to a player recruitment fund.

mark82

I'd give him a player-coach deal next year. If we're in league one probably won't play every game but he offers so much in terms of leadership and coaching others through the game. Clearly loves CCFC too. Could he be a CCFC manager of the future?

lifeskyblue

Like many I was unsure about the return of Doyle but like everyone I have been impressed by his continued drive and commitment. Whether we are in l1 or 2 next season I hope Doyle is kept on...not for his ability but for his work rate, his game management skills and drive. He is a perfect role model for the youngsters we have and I suspect MR is using this in building the squad cohesion and camaraderie. I think next season if in l2 he will play in about half the number of games but if we get promoted perhaps only in half a dozen. Whether or not he is on the pitch he will be important around the camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCRJ

Keep him. We haven't had a proper captain since Keogh left. Whether he plays 10 games or 40 games wherever we are next season. His experience pays massive dividends for a club that relies heavily on youth players - we have seen that time and again this season. Finally we have a captain to be proud of.

steve82

Yeah, even though the concept doesn't even exist and the very notion of it should very much be in the 'things that annoy me' thread.

I'm sure Doyle also works 25/7 and 8 days a week and listens to music on the iPod he has that goes up to a volume of 11 out of 10.

Would 101% press your buttons too Otis, ha ha

steve82

I do agree with what league were in is pivotal to how much involvement he could have in a side.

L2 he'd still do a job but may need more recovery time so Saturday to Saturday, only MR and he would know the impact games every 3/4 days is having in him now.

In L1 I'm not so sure he'd cut it still, demands are higher. I'd still keep him on tho in a reduced role , likely someone who we could throw on to see games out.

For me he offers a lot off the pitch, in the changing rooms, training ground and being around on a match day.

Still worth a lot to a club, and should we go up he may opt to move on to play regularly for one more year. Who knows

Otis

Out doing his UEFA B coaching badges this morning:

I’d like to see him stay around the club in a coaching role. Cov is his ‘home’ and where he’s played the most games in his career

Yep agree. Could be a great influence to have around the club.

Joy Division

I find him incredibly frustrating. Clearly he has a positive influence on some of the younger players around him, he tends to break up the opposition play well but some of his decision making on the ball is shocking. He gave the ball away straight to the opposition a lot last night in dangerous areas where there was no need to panic hoof the ball away, there was a point in the first half where we had some nice build up play where we were looking dangerous yet when the ball was played to him he just hit a hopeful up and under into the box which inevitably came to nothing and ended the pressure we were building. I just wish he was a bit calmer on the ball.

He did well for the goal though and he's clearly adding something in terms of mentality and passion within the team.

Users who are viewing this thread