Michael Rose (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

We have tweaked how we do things especially defensively from last season, gone has the tip tapping from fullback to fullback and back again retaining possession which sucks opponents forward and clogs up our midfield options and are prepared to send the ball longer earlier, once O’Hare is back and firing we will be better forward wise imo. McFadz stays back and central which suits him better now and seems to have given him a new lease of life, we need a new McFadz but have a bit of time, just hope he stays fit.

Sky Blue Harry H

100% gets a new contract offer, we ain't exactly overloaded with experienced defenders, it's whether he signs it or opts for a new challenge and regular game time that's the question.

Agree 100%. With Fadz getting on a bit, and loans likely to disappear, we need to get him to sign another contract asap. Starting next season looking for 3 (or more) Centre backs is likely to lead to a disruptive bedding in of the defence next season, The less we have to mess about with it, the better.

Adge

We almost have to give him a new contract otherwise we're in danger of going into next season without a senior centre half. Panzo and Doyle will return to their club, Fadz is out of contract and will be 36, let Rose go as well then we'll be fucked.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Are we not settling for 2nd best if that’s the case?🤔 I’m still not convinced by Rose and offering him a contract because there is no one else is not the best idea.

slowpoke

While we have this clown as our owner there’s not a lot of choice but thankfully at the moment Rose is playing well as is McFadz.

I’m sure given the opportunity Robins would keep what he has & add and strengthen the squad come January.

shmmeee

Are we not settling for 2nd best if that’s the case?🤔 I’m still not convinced by Rose and offering him a contract because there is no one else is not the best idea.

He’s a cheap and easy backup CB really. Though on current form I’d be offering Fadz another year. Really hoping we can get a RCB in Jan as apparently that was the plan with Rente. Then get another two in over the summer and keep Fadz and Rose as squad players. Shame we’ve got nothing coming through the ranks there really, just an endless stream of CMs at the moment.

TomRad85

I've always thought Rose was ok, he has spells of form where he stinks, but generally he's alright. If he's happy to be kept under the understanding he probably won't play all the time, I'd keep him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

He’s a cheap and easy backup CB really. Though on current form I’d be offering Fadz another year. Really hoping we can get a RCB in Jan as apparently that was the plan with Rente. Then get another two in over the summer and keep Fadz and Rose as squad players. Shame we’ve got nothing coming through the ranks there really, just an endless stream of CMs at the moment.
Is the Rente deal 100% something we can't get over the line? I don't want to get into politics but honestly I find it really strange, with some of the people that do make it into the country that someone coming to play professional football would be denied. Its weird.

Skybluedownunder

If we were to offer Rose a contract I’d only offer a 1 year. He’s quite injury prone and I’d hate us to be stuck with him like we are with Kelly.

Plus who knows if we get new owners who want to splash cash, the less players we are stuck with the more we can get who are better if that’s what a new owner would wanna do. The fact we have a lot of players out of contract is a blessing in my eyes and not a curse if we have new owners, they can bring in whichever players we want without having to inherit players they don’t want but nobody wants to buy them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomRad85

If we were to offer Rose a contract I’d only offer a 1 year. He’s quite injury prone and I’d hate us to be stuck with him like we are with Kelly.

Plus who knows if we get new owners who want to splash cash, the less players we are stuck with the more we can get who are better if that’s what a new owner would wanna do. The fact we have a lot of players out of contract is a blessing in my eyes and not a curse if we have new owners, they can bring in whichever players we want without having to inherit players they don’t want but nobody wants to buy them

He's younger than Kelly and even if we did get investment I think he's more than useful to have in the squad. Should be looking at a 2 year contract with an option of a 3rd in our favour.

Skybluedownunder

He's younger than Kelly and even if we did get investment I think he's more than useful to have in the squad. Should be looking at a 2 year contract with an option of a 3rd in our favour.

I don’t agree, let’s say we get an owner who comes in and gets us promoted and then we are stuck holding onto a load of average championship players who can’t do a job in the Prem, it would limit our budget to afford better players.
1 year contract with an option in our favour for a second would be the best he’d deserve.

Realistically Kelly should have also been 1 + 1 in our favour. We got stung there

TomRad85

I don’t agree, let’s say we get an owner who comes in and gets us promoted and then we are stuck holding onto a load of average championship players who can’t do a job in the Prem, it would limit our budget to afford better players.
1 year contract with an option in our favour for a second would be the best he’d deserve.

Realistically Kelly should have also been 1 + 1 in our favour. We got stung there

You're basing this on us getting promoted next season then I assume? Good on you I suppose but I think you're being a touch optimistic there.

Skybluedownunder

You're basing this on us getting promoted next season then I assume? Good on you I suppose but I think you're being a touch optimistic there.

Not that optimistic but if you want to get in the Prem you need Prem quality players. Bit like WBA going out and getting John Swift (ignoring their league position, the player is class)

No point signing players who can only do a job in Championship and then going up to Prem and having to do with Notts Forest did and buy a whole team.

If Ashley wants to come in and spend money on getting some real quality Championship players then there’s no point being stuck with people we’ve outgrown taking up the wage bill which is why I’d only offer 1 + 1 in our favour

Hertsccfc

Not that optimistic but if you want to get in the Prem you need Prem quality players. Bit like WBA going out and getting John Swift (ignoring their league position, the player is class)

No point signing players who can only do a job in Championship and then going up to Prem and having to do with Notts Forest did and buy a whole team.

If Ashley wants to come in and spend money on getting some real quality Championship players then there’s no point being stuck with people we’ve outgrown taking up the wage bill which is why I’d only offer 1 + 1 in our favour

You should sign players who you think will get us there. If we did succeed we would have enough money to replace if necessary.

rob9872

Played well today
There was a song for him too behind us today, anyone know what it was? Couldn't make out the lyrics or what tune it was supposed to be. Possibly dirty old town?

pusbccfc

Be interesting to see if he's called up to Scotland before Hyam. Madness how neither have been.

Users who are viewing this thread