Michael Rose new deal next (1 Viewer)

KenilworthSkyBlue

Even after 3 years it's so refreshing to see the club having such a forwarding thinking and proactive attitude towards tying down its best and brightest talent. I think it's one of the most positive things to come out of our reformation under Robins. Certainly makes a change from the days where watching a player move on for nothing was the norm!

After Dabo agreeing terms I certainly feel more positive about Rose signing an extension now.

KenilworthSkyBlue

There is a simple difference between contract negotiations from the last 10 years and now... Players want to be here.

Partly true, but I don't think that was the overarching problem in my opinion.

Personally, I think that one of the reasons that resulted in key players repeatedly leaving on a free could've been down to the constant instability season after season at both boardroom and managerial level.

I think amongst other distractions, the constant changes meant that time and again negotiations were inadvertently, but continuously, pushed back and once the contract situation was eventually addressed it was unfortunately too late as either the player had lost interest (like you said) or they had received interest from elsewhere.

robbiekeane

Partly true, but I don't think that was the overarching problem in my opinion.

Personally, I think that one of the reasons that resulted in key players repeatedly leaving on a free could've been down to the constant instability season after season at both boardroom and managerial level.

I think amongst other distractions, the constant changes meant that time and again negotiations were inadvertently, but continuously, pushed back and once the contract situation was eventually addressed it was unfortunately too late as either the player had lost interest (like you said) or they had received interest from elsewhere.
Complete guesswork

Magwitch

After Dabo agreeing terms I certainly feel more positive about Rose signing an extension now.
[/QUOTE]
I hope so too but this is the one I’m not sure about.

hamil99

Facebook User
Marosi next please! Pretty much every keeper we've had since Joe Murphy left has made me shit my pants when the ball came near him, till Marosi. Long may it continue!

AFCCOVENTRY

Dabo might not see out the full 3 years with us bit if he is poached by a bigger team we can now expect 10m minimum i reckon

If anything this contract ensures financial security for us. But you can see Dabo loves it here. What’s not to like? A great team spirit and a club on the up.

harvey098

How many years does he have left currently?

How many years does Hyam have too by the way? I know Rose is a bit more athletic but I still think I slightly prefer Hyam.

Sky Blue Pete

How many years does he have left currently?

How many years does Hyam have too by the way? I know Rose is a bit more athletic but I still think I slightly prefer Hyam.
My list of the relative importance to the club is

Rose
Hyam
McfadZean
Ostigard

Rose has 1 year
Think hyam 2

Magwitch

The next big contract news has to be to extend the contracts of manager Mark Robins and just as importantly Adi Viveash, they are sure to be head hunted when the inevitable heads start to roll at some of the so called fancied championship clubs. In my opinion both are equally important to the team and club and perhaps each other I think it’s fair to say since Viveash became MRs side kick we have improved. We need to keep them BOTH.

AFCCOVENTRY

The next big contract news has to be to extend the contracts of manager Mark Robins and just as importantly Adi Viveash, they are sure to be head hunted when the inevitable heads start to roll at some of the so called fancied championship clubs. In my opinion both are equally important to the team and club and perhaps each other I think it’s fair to say since Viveash became MRs side kick we have improved. We need to keep them BOTH.

They were extended last season weren’t they?

fatso

My list of the relative importance to the club is

Rose
Hyam
McfadZean
Ostigard

Rose has 1 year
Think hyam 2
Ostigard is keeping Rose out, even when fully fit, Rose will be stuck on the bench. This could be a problem as I feel Rose may not want to sign a new contract if he’s not playing regularly, and Ostigard is only on loan so we could
(In theory) not secure his services after this season.
The competition for places is great to have, and hopefully Rose will get plenty of chances to stake a claim for the shirt when MR decides to rest players,
but for now, Rose will have to be patient.

SlowerThanPlatt

Ostigard is keeping Rose out, even when fully fit, Rose will be stuck on the bench. This could be a problem as I feel Rose may not want to sign a new contract if he’s not playing regularly, and Ostigard is only on loan so we could
(In theory) not secure his services after this season.
The competition for places is great to have, and hopefully Rose will get plenty of chances to stake a claim for the shirt when MR decides to rest players,
but for now, Rose will have to be patient.

It surely is McFadzean who’s place is at risk

fatso

It surely is McFadzean who’s place is at risk
Mcfadzean is the experienced head that keeps the defence together.
If Ostigard continues to develop, I think he will become a real fans favourite.
And Hyam looks more of a threat from set pieces than Rose.
Fade won’t be able to play 2 games a week over the season, so Rose will get a chance at some stage.

lifeskyblue

Good to have 4 championship quality centre backs. I think with two games a week in many periods It will enable Robins to rotate successfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Mcfadzean is the experienced head that keeps the defence together.
If Ostigard continues to develop, I think he will become a real fans favourite.
And Hyam looks more of a threat from set pieces than Rose.
Fade won’t be able to play 2 games a week over the season, so Rose will get a chance at some stage.

Rose has 2 goals in 31, Hyam has 3 in 83 games.

With Hamer on set pieces, I'm hoping for more production from all our CBs this season. Our set piece takers in the previous seasons haven't been great.

Hobo

I think Ostigard will be a key player for us.

Magwitch

What is Ostigards situation at Brighton ?is he out of contract in the summer or do Brighton have an option on him

Users who are viewing this thread