Michael Doyle - Top 10 (1 Viewer)

phildownunder

Saw all apart from Mason.

Never rated Kearns much myself. Thought him a bit one paced and he struggled against a decent winger.

Heard years later that he had knee problems and had to play with pain killing injections which might explain his lack of pace.

The Great Eastern

In fact, it might be 7. Really can't recall Mick Kearns, though that WAS around the time I first started watching the City.
8 for me too.
In the 60's, Mick Kearns wife, Pat, was secretary to my dad at EMEB when it existed. She told him the following episode...
Mick had gone out on the lash one evening with a few other players who got him totally mullered. They brought him home, leaned him by the front door, pressed the bell &, all bar one, legged it. Pat opens the door to find comatose hubbie and a few steps away, Bill Glazier, who innocently (but very drunkenly) asked if Pat could come out to play the next night too ?

Londonccfcfan

So re assuring to listen his Pre match Interview.

A leader in every way! highlights what we really missed last few years.

Probably imo MR most important signing of the season, in terms of getting in a leader. Someone he can trust and someone he trusts in the dressing room!

Legend ! will get a massive round of applause from me tomorrow!

Grendel

Legend — Christ

thekidfromstrettoncamp

9 for me missed Mason by 6 years Started in 1958..What talent there is in that ten. Curtis best centre half, Bill Glazier best goalkeeper and Hutch just ask anyone who seen him , no one to touch him on the wing

wingy

9 for me missed Mason by 6 years Started in 1958..What talent there is in that ten. Curtis best centre half, Bill Glazier best goalkeeper and Hutch just ask anyone who seen him , no one to touch him on the wing
Incredible that Scotland barely used him
Only 17 appearances in total was it John Robertson who kept him out?
983 appearances through his entire career including USA, Hong Kong and wait for it Merthyr Tidfil.

slyblue57

When he first played for us i thought he was shit. Could nt understand the love for a bloke who could nt pass straight, shoot but ran around a lot so that was ok. Brilliant this season for us , right level, bossed a lot of games and what we needed, a leader. Happy one more season, the ladt one . Pusb

Gibbo

I wonder how many posters on here have watched every one of those players play for us.
i can do 8 not Kirk and Mason
Kearns is the surprise - in the modern era Grendel would have been on his case

Users who are viewing this thread