Michael Appleton (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

Blackburn interested in him now!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20970174

Maybe I'm missing something but what has he achieved as a football manager to warrant any sort of interest in him!? I was shocked when Blackpool offered him the job and his record there is W-2 D-8 L-2, which is very average!

His record of results may be fairly average, but it's his level-headed approach to realistic transfer wishes which most people find refreshing.

Brighton Sky Blue

His record of results may be fairly average, but it's his level-headed approach to realistic transfer wishes which most people find refreshing.

Combined with a real sense of empathy for local businesses struggling to collect what they're owed.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ahah! Alright! I'm on the same page...now..
I thought you were making a genuine point, because surely he has to have some qualities attracting the hierarchies at said clubs? Evidently not.

One big advantage to him of the Pompey job was that because finances were terrible and the squad was cut (or not) accordingly, it made it a no lose situation for any manager.

I really don't see why clubs would be interested in him. His comments while at Portsmouth show him to be completely deluded, and his teams don't exactly play a brilliant style of football. As you mentioned his record at Blackpool is average too. The only reason I can think of as to why Blackburn approached him would be that they see him as a fairly cheap option who may be easy to manipulate.

Either that, or Appleton has brainwashed them with one of the unforgivable curses.

Yorkshire SB

I really don't see why clubs would be interested in him. His comments while at Portsmouth show him to be completely deluded, and his teams don't exactly play a brilliant style of football. As you mentioned his record at Blackpool is average too. The only reason I can think of as to why Blackburn approached him would be that they see him as a fairly cheap option who may be easy to manipulate.

Either that, or Appleton has brainwashed them with one of the unforgivable curses.

Yeah could possibly be bringing him in to help train the Bollywood actor they've got on a trainee management course..

scroobiustom

Willie Thorn? he isn't ours! he's from Leicester

zigire

Blackpool supporter here... couldn't care less really.

Apparently had a bust up with the chairman over finances - maybe he should have done his research.

He's the complete opposite to Holloway - a very dour man and his football isn't very pleasing to the eye.

Brighton Sky Blue

Blackpool supporter here... couldn't care less really.

Apparently had a bust up with the chairman over finances - maybe he should have done his research.

He's the complete opposite to Holloway - a very dour man and his football isn't very pleasing to the eye.

Holloway made Blackpool a team to be respected. Feel for you having to endure Appleton's tripe.

Grendel

ccfcway

what a result for Blackpool

Dont have to pay to get rid, and they actually get money for him to go, whilst a rival in the league becomes weaker.

Oh, BTW Blackpool, dont go looking at Robins

He won twice in 12 games at Blackpool with players like Ince and Matt Phillips. He had a greta squad and he drew about 80% of his games there. There are better and more experianced managers out there, but Blackburn probs just want a cheap manager. Cant see them getting promoted

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Poor manager imo! Never really set the world alight at Pompey, surprised when Blackpool went for him, and now Blackburn have ended up with him

I don't like Blackburn much so they're well suited!

Least now Blackpool can go and recruit a proper manager

Grendel

I'm very worried that Blackpool will come in for Robins.

He wouldn't go and work for the Oysten's surely? They are even more absurd than Blackburn -- hence Appleton leaving I assume.

Grendel

Mucca Mad Boys

Overrated, when it was a rumour he was a late applicant (couldn't resist! :laugh: ) I was nervous he'd get appointed. Bit of tw@ for leaving whenever he can, I hope it backfires the disloyal c-unit.

Brighton Sky Blue

HHMMMM ............sounds like a familiar scenario BSB.

Comparison with Thornito was unintended but is I suppose relevant. The situations are similar enough to make me think Thorn could blag his way into a L1/2 post.

Users who are viewing this thread