Michael Appleton (1 Viewer)

lopez04

Michael Appleton is now 3/1 second fav with StanJames...Is this just a massive error or do people know something we don't?

I'd be happy if he was the man...

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd take Don Mackay back over Appleton!

wolfie

The final 3 are suppose to be Richard shaw, Paul ince and mark robins according to ccfc news on google +.

Chipfat

Not the man id pick,, but saying that i wouldn't pick Money, Ince or Shaw so if this is the level we are picking from not sure it will make a big difference either way..

Brighton Sky Blue

He talks such total garbage on a constant basis-not dissimilar from his predecessors here, to be fair.

CUS Wyken

Well i'm yet to hear what's wrong with him. He's very highly thought of and would probably be West Brom boss right now if he hadn't jumped ship to Pompey.

Highly thought of as a coach? Very different compared to management. Granted his troubles at Pompey has been mostly down to off the field issues (Like us) yet he is struggling despite been able to bring in x amount of decent players.
Why would we want to employ a manager who like our players has a losing mentality at present? We need someone who is fresh and up for a challenge, not someone who is scared from his current role.

skybluedaze

It must be a mistake, surely? Why would anybody be interested in Michael Appleton? He's got a decent set of lads together and still they can't beat Walsall, and at home. I bet i know who they will beat though! On paper, i think Pompey have got more ability in the team than Cov. So if he can't inspire those lot, how's he ever going to turn things around at the Ricoh?

Gaz

I don't know enough about him to really comment if he will be any good for us or not.
But what little I have heard is that at WBA he was very highly thought of, and I can remember our now England manager saying that he was very good.

Grendel

He is a far better option than most of the candidates - but he will not be coming here.

Grendel

He seems to live in a parallel universe. That's what is wrong with him.

He fights his teams corner in the media and tries to create an advantage for his club - better than just mumbling how unlucky we were after yet another defeat.

Grendel

Let it go, FFS

I find it odd that someone who defends his club gets criticised. Better than just rolling over. At least with him you know he will work everything to the maximum advantage of the club he is employed by.

Bit odd to say let it go as you are the one who keeps mentioning Shaws points after three games all the time (in fact 3 games seems to come up a lot in your posts these days).

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I have no problem whatsoever with you highlighting another candidates credentials. It's when it's yet again given your personal context with yet another barbed quip at Thorn's expense it loses credibility and becomes tiresome

Grendel

I have no problem whatsoever with you highlighting another candidates credentials. It's when it's yet again given your personal context with yet another barbed quip at Thorn's expense it loses credibility and becomes tiresome

Merely comparing a potential managers strengths versue a predecessor - nothing wrong with that.

Nonleagueherewecome

Becomes tiresome? Can you recall a time when it wasn't? Although they have got more barbed and pernicious since he changed name, I'll give you that.

Nonleagueherewecome

Users who are viewing this thread