MGI Fiduciary Services next franchise? (1 Viewer)

Neutral Fan

Now, this is conjecture on my part but the franchising floodgates are well and truly opened nowadays.

SISU are stuffed. No ground. Poor team. Club losing money. Plan B? Franchise the club elsewhere and get some of their money back. Brum maybe? Or London? Adams Park in High Wycombe has space! (Joke).

Meantime, MGI Fiduciary Services (Malta) soon to own the Ricoh outright, approach say Burnley or the next small club to somehow reach PL and suggest they franchise to Cov.

If Wasps get good crowds why wouldn't MGI Fiduciary want to franchise a top flight football team too? Loss making 3rd Div CCFC don't fit the bill so they won't want them.

I don't have any feelings either way about CCFC but I detest franchises in sport. I detest MK Dons as I knew it would be just the start. I was disappointed 7000 CCFC folk protested their own (temporary) franchise to my home town by....watching Franchise FC! I hope lessons have been learned on that score.

All football fans must protest franchising in all sports IMO.

shy_tall_knight

FA / PL won't allow it and football fans are different to rugby fans in terms of fan loyalty. Burnley playing in Coventry would attract few Burnley fans and even less Coventry fans.

mrtrench

Fiduciary services means operational services where the company performs a trust role for another party without taking ownership of assets themselves. For example: bond and equity clearing, triparty repo agent, escrow...

Hence the probability of them owning an asset is zero. That's not what they do.

Otis

You won't give it up will you??

Find another drum to bang on.

Yep, you are coming across a little like this fella, it has to be said.

41603hV1ppL.jpg

ajsccfc

How do you have nearly 150 posts on a forum dedicated to something you have no interest in?

Ashdown

Now, this is conjecture on my part but the franchising floodgates are well and truly opened nowadays.

SISU are stuffed. No ground. Poor team. Club losing money. Plan B? Franchise the club elsewhere and get some of their money back. Brum maybe? Or London? Adams Park in High Wycombe has space! (Joke).

Meantime, MGI Fiduciary Services (Malta) soon to own the Ricoh outright, approach say Burnley or the next small club to somehow reach PL and suggest they franchise to Cov.

If Wasps get good crowds why wouldn't MGI Fiduciary want to franchise a top flight football team too? Loss making 3rd Div CCFC don't fit the bill so they won't want them.

I don't have any feelings either way about CCFC but I detest franchises in sport. I detest MK Dons as I knew it would be just the start. I was disappointed 7000 CCFC folk protested their own (temporary) franchise to my home town by....watching Franchise FC! I hope lessons have been learned on that score.

You've got Islamic militants killing people brutally in Syria and Iraq, Putin rolling his tanks into Ukraine, Ebola killing people in an awful fashion in Africa and a planet slowly crumbling under the relentless consumption of mankind..........franchise clubs are wrong and desperate and shouldn't be supported but C'mon there are other things slightly more concerning in the world today.

Monners

Might just sign up the "Hotel End" Cobblers forum and remind this prick that they always take a shed load to MK themselves at it is their local derby - 800+ at last years JPT game in R1 for example.

Do wonder what purpose he serves in life, but he is a Northamptonian, and they can be a strange breed!

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

You've got Islamic militants killing people brutally in Syria and Iraq, Putin rolling his tanks into Ukraine, Ebola killing people in an awful fashion in Africa and a planet slowly crumbling under the relentless consumption of mankind..........franchise clubs are wrong and desperate and shouldn't be supported but C'mon there are other things slightly more concerning in the world today.

Yep.....I mean, I'm still reeling from the effect of Salt n Vinegar KP Skydivers being removed from sale around 1983.......

Its a fucked up world alright.....

chiefdave

So you want everyone to start protesting about something you've just completely made up in your own head?!

Could we move closer to or even inside the boundary to Brum, it's a possibility if the mythical new ground happens but it certainly won't be franchising. Who in their right mind would expect to move Coventry to Brum or London, both with their own PL teams and expect it to be a success.

If Wasps did want a successful football club their best bet would be to assist in making the one that's already here successful. You have far more chance of getting 30K plus every week if we are doing well than you do with any club you parachute in. It would also be a lot cheaper and easier than moving a team.

Do you post this much on every other teams forum?

Users who are viewing this thread