Metallica at Glastonbury (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Me and two mates used to go to the Monsters of Rock at Donnington every year and also to the Milton Keyne's Bowl to see all the top rock acts and to Wembley to see the Stones.But I've never saw Metallica who top the bill this year in Somerset and to anyone who is going and like me think they are brilliant I hope you enjoy them live as I'll have to make do with watching on the telly !

Otis

Call yourself a City fan? How on earth can you bring yourself to go to Milton Keynes.

:facepalm::facepalm:

mak1

Me and two mates used to go to the Monsters of Rock at Donnington every year and also to the Milton Keyne's Bowl to see all the top rock acts and to Wembley to see the Stones.But I've never saw Metallica who top the bill this year in Somerset and to anyone who is going and like me think they are brilliant I hope you enjoy them live as I'll have to make do with watching on the telly !

They're playing sonisphere in 2 weeks tickets still available

wingy

Call yourself a City fan? How on earth can you bring yourself to go to Milton Keynes.

:facepalm::facepalm:

I went there In the early eighties ,was a mudbath after a week of Rain,you now have too Identify the four other Acts as i will give you the first one Skafish ,who got canned off stage ,John Peel admonishing the audience for throwing cans at them and wasting good Beer .
Anyway ,It was packed ,you could say a bit of a squeeze.Complete madness In there to be honest,luckily my heroes the police were on the beat to keep things sweet (googly to throw you).

It cannot be said that I am a farnchise supporter as I have never been to MK Dons and Wimbledon could even have been non league at the time and In there own ground unlike us .:facepalm::(:eek::confused::)

bringbackrattles

I went there In the early eighties ,was a mudbath after a week of Rain,you now have too Identify the four other Acts as i will give you the first one Skafish ,who got canned off stage ,John Peel admonishing the audience for throwing cans at them and wasting good Beer .
Anyway ,It was packed ,you could say a bit of a squeeze.Complete madness In there to be honest,luckily my heroes the police were on the beat to keep things sweet (googly to throw you).

It cannot be said that I am a farnchise supporter as I have never been to MK Dons and Wimbledon could even have been non league at the time and In there own ground unlike us .:facepalm::(:eek::confused::)
Went to the bowl a few times with mates and my then missus.U.2 one year,and Simple Minds another were good concerts.Packed solid with rain in the morning and sun in the afternoon.Used to like the Bath Festival before it stopped and Glastonbury took over,saw Zeppelin there when I was seventeen and have never forgot it !

wingy

Went to the bowl a few times with mates and my then missus.U.2 one year,and Simple Minds another were good concerts.Packed solid with rain in the morning and sun in the afternoon.Used to like the Bath Festival before it stopped and Glastonbury took over,saw Zeppelin there when I was seventeen and have never forgot it !
Some great memories of great bands there BBR.

The day we were there was hilarious as the Slope became a Slide and people looked like they'd crawled out from a Bog .

bringbackrattles

Some great memories of great bands there BBR.

The day we were there was hilarious as the Slope became a Slide and people looked like they'd crawled out from a Bog .
Wingy I've seen so many great bands over the years,Sabbath,Deep Purple,Stones,Ozzy,ACDC,Zeppelin,and The Who,and others.but I said a few months ago to two mates who I went with to these concerts that we need to go to a few again.The response was no we're too old now.fuckin hell what's age got to do with music ? I'm 60 and they're both in their 50's. What a shitty attitude !

wingy

Wingy I've seen so many great bands over the years,Sabbath,Deep Purple,Stones,Ozzy,ACDC,Zeppelin,and The Who,and others.but I said a few months ago to two mates who I went with to these concerts that we need to go to a few again.The response was no we're too old now.fuckin hell what's age got to do with music ? I'm 60 and they're both in their 50's. What a shitty attitude !

Totally agree ,Hoping to see Genesis Gabriel and Fleetwood Mac when they come around .

olderskyblue

I'm a similar age to you bbr, and heading off for glasto tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing Metallica.... You're never too old to enjoy music are you?

Grendel

I saw U2 "the longest day" on June 21st and we had sleet - I didn't even like U2.

Few years later the might Marillion headlined with Jethro Tull and Garry Moore as support acts.

bringbackrattles

I saw U2 "the longest day" on June 21st and we had sleet - I didn't even like U2.

Few years later the might Marillion headlined with Jethro Tull and Garry Moore as support acts.
The U2 concert was their early days of New Years Day etc,like you I never knew much about them.I've never seen Marillion but got some of their albums,like Script For a Jesters Tear a lot. Like Jethro Tull too and Gary Moore was a guitar legend.

turlykerd

I saw Metallica at sonisphere in Warsaw a few years ago, supported by machine head and black label society.. The VIP tickets were around £80 each which came with free booze and food... I was completely fucked up and it was one of the best gigs I've seen :)
I hope you enjoy yourself...i wish i was going :(

Users who are viewing this thread