Mental Health (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

@Earlsdon_Skyblue1 was talking about starting a team, albeit not sure if it was tongue in cheek.

Perhaps that could change to a weekly 5/6/7 a side kick about amongst fellow SBT’ers if enough are interested? Not as intense or as big a commitment that way too.

Anything to be honest, haven’t played in years

TomRad85

Nah that's for pussies.

Outdoor all year round, sun, rain, snow etc.

The only good thing about indoor is shoulder barging into the wall.
Or into the rope at the sport connexion. Used to come away with rope burn every week.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bugsy

I would be interested if there was opportunity to play lads

Brighton Sky Blue

I haven’t played basically since I was a teenager, never been any good, now massively unfit as well. I’d love to play, no idea where to even start looking for a level where I wouldn’t be an embarrassment.

I haven't played since the 5-a side league at uni. Desperate to play while I still (relatively) have the legs but don't know anyone in a league

shmmeee

Fucking shit.

Sorry to the couple of people on here who have been caught in the crossfire.

Not felt like this in years, always down just before my birthday that’s normal, but tend to get really bad roughly once a decade and that’s due and living at my mums and being locked down is starting to get to me. Snappy, moody, randomly dropping into a depressive pit. Not good.

First time I’ve thought about therapy in about four years. Think I just desperately need to get out. Out the house. Out of my Mums. Out into the real world. Out of my head.

Considered joining that SBiT MenTalk thing but not sure, just feel I need to be interacting and my social circle has shrunk over lockdown. 🤔

Nick

Administrator
Fucking shit.

Not felt like this in years, always down just before my birthday that’s normal, but tend to get really bad roughly once a decade and that’s due and living at my mums and being locked down is starting to get to me. Snappy, moody, randomly dropping into a depressive pit. Not good.

First time I’ve thought about therapy in about four years. Think I just desperately need to get out. Out the house. Out of my Mums. Out into the real world. Out of my head.

Considered joining that SBiT MenTalk thing but not sure, just feel I need to be interacting and my social circle has shrunk over lockdown.

Get booked into it, go to the gym on Monday and burn it out of you.

Might be worth trying to speak to somebody as well.

Get a bit of routine back

shmmeee

Get booked into it, go to the gym on Monday and burn it out of you.

Might be worth trying to speak to somebody as well.

Get a bit of routine back

I need it mate.

Move into my Mums in September was supposed to be a few weeks, a month max, so I’ve been in this limbo of “no point now, wait until the move” for 6/7 months.

Evo1883

Fucking shit.

Considered joining that SBiT MenTalk thing but not sure, just feel I need to be interacting and my social circle has shrunk over lockdown. 🤔

I hope you manage to get yourself sorted one way or another mate and remember we're hopefully on our way out of this mess soon

I find it hard to give people advice on mental health as I struggle myself and often don't take the advice I would give

clint van damme

Fucking shit.

Join it. What harm can it do?
I doubt you'll regret it. Something you can so almost instantly as well.

covmark

I need it mate.

Move into my Mums in September was supposed to be a few weeks, a month max, so I’ve been in this limbo of “no point now, wait until the move” for 6/7 months.
Echo what Nick says really. Get yourself in to the gym, always makes me feel loads better.
All the best to you mate

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AOM

I need it mate.

Definitely agree with Nick on trying to get back into a normal routine.
Appreciate everyone can't do it for various reasons, but I've found running or even just walking for an hour outside does absolute wonders for clearing the head and improving motivation at the moment. Not good for anyone to be cooped up for too long.

Would definitely speak to someone too.
Hope you feel better soon

Brighton Sky Blue

Fucking shit.

Maybe take a detox off SBT for a while? Just to force yourself out into getting some air and exercise.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

@Earlsdon_Skyblue1 was talking about starting a team, albeit not sure if it was tongue in cheek.

Perhaps that could change to a weekly 5/6/7 a side kick about amongst fellow SBT’ers if enough are interested? Not as intense or as big a commitment that way too.

Sorry, was meaning to reply to this.

Definitely happy to organise a weekly social to do with the above, I'm just waiting at the moment though because I might have a job which will take me out of the area.

As soon as I know I'll commit one way or the other.

wingy

Maybe take a detox off SBT for a while? Just to force yourself out into getting some air and exercise.
If it's allowed atm I was going to suggest just take yourself off on a massive yomp in the peaks or somewhere alike, knacker yourself out and sleep like log.

Brighton Sky Blue

If it's allowed atm I was going to suggest just take yourself off on a massive yomp in the peaks or somewhere alike, knacker yourself out and sleep like log.

Planning to do that on honeymoon. Just walk along the South Downs and enjoy the sights for miles around

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this thread seemed like the most appropriate place.

For anyone that is struggling, it does get better. I feel like I've just gone through the absolute winter of my life for two years now (you should know because I've been bitching and moaning on this forum for ages), but today I just signed a contract for a firm - where I'll be based in Amsterdam. I'm moving over there in the next three or four weeks (once my paperwork has been sorted out), and I start my new life with a great job to go with it.

Never thought the day would come to be honest, but it has. Heads up, lads and ladies. It will happen for you too!

Ccfcisparks

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this thread seemed like the most appropriate place.

For anyone that is struggling, it does get better. I feel like I've just gone through the absolute winter of my life for two years now (you should know because I've been bitching and moaning on this forum for ages), but today I just signed a contract for a firm - where I'll be based in Amsterdam. I'm moving over there in the next three or four weeks (once my paperwork has been sorted out), and I start my new life with a great job to go with it.

Never thought the day would come to be honest, but it has. Heads up, lads and ladies. It will happen for you too!
All the best with your preparations mate.

wingy

Brilliant and what a fantastic city.
All the best.

shmmeee

Fucking made up for you man. Though at first I did read that as “contract for a film” and thought your book had been optioned 😂

chiefdave

Really need to do something about my mental health. This thread has been a real eye-opener as I've never really known how to identify what is just normal life and when that dips into actually being an issue, if that makes sense. Reading some of the things on here, especially since covid hit, where people are describing how their mental health has deteriorated has left me thinking 'hang on, I'm like that all the time'.

Tried a couple of the apps mentioned, including the Sanvello one which tells me I've got moderate stress, very severe anxiety and very severe depression so if that's even remotely accurate that's not great.

Decided to tell my Mum and Dad about my concerns and got a helpful 'everyone is depressed at the moment'. Doctors is still on phone only appointments, even when it was open it was a ten minute max rule when I really need to longer appointment to discuss things.

Did think about trying a therapist but then I saw how much they charge.

Guess its going to have to be joining the 4 hour daily phone queue at the doctors and hope when I finally get to speak to a doctor they don't just prescribe a few pills and hope for the best.

shmmeee

Really need to do something about my mental health. This thread has been a real eye-opener as I've never really known how to identify what is just normal life and when that dips into actually being an issue, if that makes sense. Reading some of the things on here, especially since covid hit, where people are describing how their mental health has deteriorated has left me thinking 'hang on, I'm like that all the time'.

Tried a couple of the apps mentioned, including the Sanvello one which tells me I've got moderate stress, very severe anxiety and very severe depression so if that's even remotely accurate that's not great.

Decided to tell my Mum and Dad about my concerns and got a helpful 'everyone is depressed at the moment'. Doctors is still on phone only appointments, even when it was open it was a ten minute max rule when I really need to longer appointment to discuss things.

Guess its going to have to be joining the 4 hour daily phone queue at the doctors and hope when I finally get to speak to a doctor they don't just prescribe a few pills and hope for the best.

Eat well. Reduce screen time. Get more exercise and fresh air. Get enough sleep. All stuff you can do that will have a more immediate and possibly more pronounced impact than anything the GP can do.

Doesn’t mean pills/IAPT (which are self referral I believe)/private therapy can’t help, but you don’t need to wait.

Best of luck to you man.

Nick

Administrator

Try a self referall here -

You 100% need to speak to somebody but as shmmeee says there are things you can do yourself.

GPs are effectively useless at this sort of stuff.

Liquid Gold

Fair play for you working it out. This den of cunts is alright sometimes.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You've done really well to get to this point. You should be proud of yourself for acknowledging it.

In my opinion the doctors are useless and will just prescribe pills, but it's still worth speaking to them. If I remember you said something before about your job being a bit stressful? Trying to locate the sources of your unhappiness is a good step too, so maybe look at that too.

Good luck mate.

Skyblueweeman

Well done for typing that Dave, it's not easy to do. Despite your parents apparent brush off, it seems that the last 18 months has taken it's toll on many, even if this forum is anything to go by.

Having felt like crap at many points this year, I agree with what Shmmeee says. I severely reduced screen time, ate better and started running. I hated the running at the start but got into it and ended up being able to do 5 miles in 45 mins. I've regressed a little over the last month or so and if I'm honest, starting to go backwards. That said, I've found out I'm going to be a dad again late November which is great, although gives the added pressure of needing to find some office space (which I can't afford at the moment).

There's always something to worry about unfortunately. This has been a real life changing time...I've looked at all aspects of my life - cutting down contact with friends who are full of self importance, reducing time on sites that are full of doom and gloom and thinking about the little things that put a smile on face, reducing expenditure where possible (goodbye Sky Sports).

We're all in this together - don't think you're in this on your own as seemingly, there's many of us feeling down at the moment.

Reach out privately if you fancy a chat. We can chat about all things Pompey as I know you used to live down this way.

All the best,

WM

Users who are viewing this thread