Mental Health (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Ashford the last couple of daysI think its going to take longer than I initially thought when the vacinne program got into full swing.

Just going to try and enjoy each incremental step towards normality as they happen.

To be fair, it is still 3 months before the fabled ‘no distancing’ date. While in April the supply will go down in May and June we’ll have that 5 million from India and the Moderna delivery too. The original timeline will hold I think

clint van damme

To be fair, it is still 3 months before the fabled ‘no distancing’ date. While in April the supply will go down in May and June we’ll have that 5 million from India and the Moderna delivery too. The original timeline will hold I think

But events later than that date are already getting cancelled.
As I said on another thread yesterday I had a outdoor gig in July cancelled yesterday.
I'm going reign in my optimism a bit going forward.
Though a pre booked table in a pub where you have to wear a mask to the toilet and the bar shuts at 10 currently seems a lot more appealing than it did back in autumn

Brighton Sky Blue

As I said on another thread yesterday I had a outdoor gig in July cancelled yesterday.
Though a pre booked table in a pub where you have to wear a mask to the toilet and the bar shuts at 10 currently seems a lot more appealing than it did back in autumn

They are but perhaps based on a misunderstanding of the effect of this delay on the rollout. The 5 million would have accelerated it further, it is not essential to the current timeline and we will still be able to pick things up in May.

The plan was always to focus on second jabs in April, it would’ve been a bonus to keep first jabs going also for the under 50s.

hill83

Put it down to those events shouldn’t have been organised in the first rather than being cancelled because anything has changed. Whether that’s true or not.

Nick

Administrator
Put it down to those events shouldn’t have been organised in the first rather than being cancelled because anything has changed. Whether that’s true or not.
Yeah I can't see why people are booking things so soon and eager to book holidays so soon when they are likely to be cancelled.

clint van damme

Yeah I can't see why people are booking things so soon and eager to book holidays so soon when they are likely to be cancelled.

to be honest, when I booked my trip to Berlin I was fairly sure it wouldn't go ahead but having something to look forward to even though I knew it probably wouldn't happen, so it was money well spent to help keep me sane through the winter.

Ccfcisparks

I’ll admit. On Thursday I talk the ball down the park and met up with a few mates for a kick about. I needed it and don’t feel guilty for it, 3 of them have been vaccinated and we didn’t spend a large amount of time in close contact.

chiefdave

Is anybody else not bothered about things opening up? I'm content to just isolate away from society now. More then happy just to sit at home playing video games or whatever. No desire to see or interact with anyone now.
Sure you're not the only one. There's also a thing called post lockdown anxiety according the BBC.

Evo1883

Had 3 days off work last week and might have another week off .

Head truly in shed at the minute

Can't escape myself if that's the best way of putting it

clint van damme

Not sure what to say. Must be awful to be in that position.
Just keep going and speak to a professional

CCFCSteve

We really are almost there Evo. The vaccine roll outs going well, various figures are dropping/looking a lot better, restrictions are being released, clocks forward, suns shining and City...actually lets leave that one for now. seriously though after a year of worry and uncertainty it does feel like there’s better times within touching distance, so do try to stay positive however hard it might be.

Clints right, speak to a professional and consider things like exercise, getting out the house etc etc.

Skyblueweeman

Alright gents.

I've taken a break from SBT for the past couple of months for the similar reasons. I've found this 3rd lockdown really hard for a number of reasons and the constant negativity (warranted or not) on here wasn't helping so I stepped away. That's not a dig at anyone btw.

As many of you will know, I was made redundant last year due to the pandemic - losing a £50k a year job (with decent commissions). When that's taken away from you and you've got a wife and 2 yr old to support, whilst paying a mortgage and bills and then you're 'locked in' for months, it's been tough. I've had a couple of teary episodes - not afraid to admit it. It's been tough.

My business is going well but cash flow concerns me at the end of every month once the bills are due although I know that the way the business is going, I'll be fine when we come out of lockdown and the world is a bit more normal. The next couple of months will be tough but I've done a lot to try and improve my mental health over the last few months to help.

Firstly, I've got an amazing relationship with my wife. We've got great communication so if one is feeling down, the other will bring the other one up. Our boy is at a testing age...he's amazing 95% of the time but the 5% when cooped up over the winter months wasn't easy. He also went through some sleep regression which affected us all.

I've tried to reduce negative influences in my life (sorry SBT - although I couldn't keep away!) but also unfollowed people on social media who were conspiracy theorists, moaners or fake (ie...isn't my life amazing on social media - when actually I know it's shit in real life). I've reduced the amount of time on social media, started running (up to 7km now!), listening to podcasts on meditation and have been eating healthy.

Whilst finances are still going to be tight for the short term, I'm feeling positive on many other fronts. So long as I can put things in perspective, keep open channels of communication with the Mrs, keep doing things to keep my mind and body active then I'm sure everything will be fine. There's certainly people in much worse situations than me as well to be fair.

If anyone is struggling and needs a private conversation, my door is ALWAYS open now, even if I'm not a regular poster like before.

Stay sane and healthy folks.

WM

Skybluefaz

Alright gents.

I've taken a break from SBT for the past couple of months for the similar reasons. I've found this 3rd lockdown really hard for a number of reasons and the constant negativity (warranted or not) on here wasn't helping so I stepped away. That's not a dig at anyone btw.

As many of you will know, I was made redundant last year due to the pandemic - losing a £50k a year job (with decent commissions). When that's taken away from you and you've got a wife and 2 yr old to support, whilst paying a mortgage and bills and then you're 'locked in' for months, it's been tough. I've had a couple of teary episodes - not afraid to admit it. It's been tough.

My business is going well but cash flow concerns me at the end of every month once the bills are due although I know that the way the business is going, I'll be fine when we come out of lockdown and the world is a bit more normal. The next couple of months will be tough but I've done a lot to try and improve my mental health over the last few months to help.

Firstly, I've got an amazing relationship with my wife. We've got great communication so if one is feeling down, the other will bring the other one up. Our boy is at a testing age...he's amazing 95% of the time but the 5% when cooped up over the winter months wasn't easy. He also went through some sleep regression which affected us all.

I've tried to reduce negative influences in my life (sorry SBT - although I couldn't keep away!) but also unfollowed people on social media who were conspiracy theorists, moaners or fake (ie...isn't my life amazing on social media - when actually I know it's shit in real life). I've reduced the amount of time on social media, started running (up to 7km now!), listening to podcasts on meditation and have been eating healthy.

Whilst finances are still going to be tight for the short term, I'm feeling positive on many other fronts. So long as I can put things in perspective, keep open channels of communication with the Mrs, keep doing things to keep my mind and body active then I'm sure everything will be fine. There's certainly people in much worse situations than me as well to be fair.

If anyone is struggling and needs a private conversation, my door is ALWAYS open now, even if I'm not a regular poster like before.

Stay sane and healthy folks.

WM
Sounds like you've been doing the right things. Nice one.

fernandopartridge

Would love to play but don't know where to start joining a side.
Not sure if it's got any users down in Cov but I used to use an app called Footy Addicts

People use it advertise 5 / 6 / 7 a-side matches. You book in online and pay your subs. When it first started in Manchester it had two games a week advertised, it's got 10x that now.

Ccfcisparks

Hoping and praying the sun stays. Played 5 a side last night and really enjoyed it. The weather seems to give me a much more positive outlook on things, work isn't dragging as much as it would otherwise. Its been a good week so far.

Nick

Administrator
I can't wait for 5aside to start and pubs to be available after.

giphy.gif

It's going to hurt though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hoping and praying the sun stays. Played 5 a side last night and really enjoyed it. The weather seems to give me a much more positive outlook on things, work isn't dragging as much as it would otherwise. Its been a good week so far.

Been pretty depressing going to and from school and everyone else seems out and about doing whatever. But some relief inbound soon at least.

Users who are viewing this thread