Mental Health (4 Viewers)

Covstu

That is really grim Stu. I wonder if now the end is hopefully in sight a lot of what people were keeping a lid on is coming to the surface?

My daughter starts a new job in HR at the uni tomorrow and it's working on a project related to mental health.
Indeed but people had escapes whether it be football, pub, whatever. You cage people up and this is what can happen. Relationships frayed, I know a lot of breakups also at work.
good luck to your daughter, hope she finds it fulfilling

Skybluefaz

We are doing a lot of work on stress at work at the moment. Workforce is on edge, we have had 3 suicide attempts this month with 1 successful. Sad times when people are in this mindset but people are generally struggling. I find I struggle when I don’t cycle on a Sunday, it just resets my head for the week with 4 hours on my own And I know I will feel it this week. It sounds daft but there are things that help people cope, as LG mentioned we need bloke time as well as family time.
war kills people but this is doing the same through stealth, feels like the nation is cracking Slowly
Not good to hear stories like that, but I appreciate you sharing it. No doubt times are fucking hard.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Almost there guys, keep it going a little longer.

I saw Spoons here have applied for a pavement license, which means they will be opening in a matter of weeks. Not that it is enough to get excited about, but it shows that pubs and such will be back open really soon. With that comes everything else.

Just hold out a bit longer! We're almost through it now.

Brighton Sky Blue

Almost there guys, keep it going a little longer.

I saw Spoons here have applied for a pavement license, which means they will be opening in a matter of weeks. Not that it is enough to get excited about, but it shows that pubs and such will be back open really soon. With that comes everything else.

Just hold out a bit longer! We're almost through it now.

The jab delivery is going to double from next week too

skyblue1991

I watched the Caroline Flack documentary last night and it just highlighted no matter how people portray themselves you really do not know what is going on in people's minds.

Also highlighted how important it is to talk about your feelings, even more so in these times.

If you are struggling please talk to someone, anyone. If no one close in your family or friends then this forum, your GP or the Samaritains (24/7 Homepage).

Theres always a way out no matter how dark the tunnel is. It is not embarrassing and you are not weak if you're struggling.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Macca

As bizarre as it sounds my mental health has never been better than the last year. Thoroughly selfish attitude but just an observation. Slower world, lots of fresh air and exercise. Mind you I’m not arsed with pubs or shops and people get on my nerves so that probably explains it. Fully appreciate I am a minority. I would echo the sentiment of this thread though. Never suffer in silence

Brighton Sky Blue

I watched the Caroline Flack documentary last night and it just highlighted no matter how people portray themselves you really do not know what is going on in people's minds.

Also highlighted how important it is to talk about your feelings, even more so in these times.

If you are struggling please talk to someone, anyone. If no one close in your family or friends then this forum, your GP or the Samaritains (24/7 Homepage).

Theres always a way out no matter how dark the tunnel is. It is not embarrassing and you are not weak if you're struggling.

Gary Speed’s case highlighted this too, still shocks me even now.

David O'Day

As bizarre as it sounds my mental health has never been better than the last year. Thoroughly selfish attitude but just an observation. Slower world, lots of fresh air and exercise. Mind you I’m not arsed with pubs or shops and people get on my nerves so that probably explains it. Fully appreciate I am a minority. I would echo the sentiment of this thread though. Never suffer in silence

Yeah apart from weekends being duller I have actually been okay this year and a bit.

Still I was a boring c**t before so everyone who isn't yes don't suffer in silence

Covstu

I know what you mean, I think it’s the little things that I miss like going for a meal, football of course, beer with the lads, seeing the family on a Sunday at my mums etc. I generally cycled a lot anyway so that’s not changed, maybe increased a little but yes when lockdown is over we will just revert back to type and not learn a thing which is pretty depressing on its own. I just normally look forward to dates I.e. holidays etc which generally get me through the day and just get some quality away time with the family.

Covstu

I think when you replay some of the events that played out in her life I.e.dodgy relationship, one night stands etc there was a sign that something wasn’t right then the media jumped on her for being a tart which clearly was the catalyst for her death

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I just watched it now.

I didn't post anything on here because I felt I was probably oversharing a bit, but after the NHS saying there was nothing wrong with me, I went private and was diagnosed with BPD two weeks ago.

I was watching that documentary and was seeing so much resemblance with her behaviours and my own. I'm convinced she had what I've got.

Brighton Sky Blue

I just watched it now.

I didn't post anything on here because I felt I was probably oversharing a bit, but after the NHS saying there was nothing wrong with me, I went private and was diagnosed with BPD two weeks ago.

I was watching that documentary and was seeing so much resemblance with her behaviours and my own. I'm convinced she had what I've got.

Glad you’re getting what you need ESB.

SBT

No need to feel selfish about it! Embrace the positives whenever you get them.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think amongst all of this crap of the last 15 months , this is turning out to be the hardest bit .
So close but still miles away if you follow too much of the crap going on.

School is piling on more work than ever and is taking away gained time for the second year in a row. Working with a tactical middle finger up at the moment

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think amongst all of this crap of the last 15 months , this is turning out to be the hardest bit .
So close but still miles away if you follow too much of the crap going on.

My sister was supposed to get married in Spain last year, got moved to this coming August. Still have no clue what's going to happen.

Guy got arrested for trying to smuggle people out of the country in a truck. Think that just about sums it up.

Hang in there mate!

skyblue1991

Keep going chaps, don't read too much on social media or the press. Until it comes out the governments mouth its all speculation.

I reccomend fresh air, walking/exercise, drinking plenty of water and reading. Flushed out toxins, keeps your body active and calms the cortisol in your brain with the mindless browsing and stress

All the social media stuff is loud, not common.

SBAndy

I’m in a very similar position to this. Much happier and healthier now I’m not spending 10-12 hours per week commuting. I do miss little things like the pub, going out for a meal, the football, but I’m quite matter-of-fact about them not being options currently. Hopefully not too long now though!

But as someone else has echoed, I have a horrible feeling that in 12-18 months’ time we will be pretty much back to how we were and will have taken zero learning as a society over this episode.

clint van damme

I’m in a very similar position to this. Much happier and healthier now I’m not spending 10-12 hours per week commuting. I do miss little things like the pub, going out for a meal, the football, but I’m quite matter-of-fact about them not being options currently. Hopefully not too long now though!

But as someone else has echoed, I have a horrible feeling that in 12-18 months’ time we will be pretty much back to how we were and will have taken zero learning as a society over this episode.

Lost my job at the end of last year and now got a new one working in Cov.
I didn't realise what a ball ache commuting was until I stopped doing it.

On the M6 every morning at some ludicrous hour.
No one knows what the future holds but I don't think I'll ever work in job which is more than 9 or 10 miles away maximum. Such a huge difference to my lifestyle.

skyblue1991

Lost my job at the end of last year and now got a new one working in Cov.
I didn't realise what a ball ache commuting was until I stopped doing it.

On the M6 every morning at some ludicrous hour.
No one knows what the future holds but I don't think I'll ever work in job which is more than 9 or 10 miles away maximum. Such a huge difference to my lifestyle.
Not sure if your job can be done WFH but even with all the vaccines I cannot see many companies going back to the 9-5 office Monday to Friday.

I suspect it will be once or twice in the office a week just for team get togethers and physical social interaction. Pretty much means you can live 2 hours away knowing you may only have to travel a couple of times. The flexibility is more beneficial than not

Brighton Sky Blue

Pretty much one of the only pluses of remote teaching was being able to get an extra hour or more of sleep in the morning. Now when we go in loads are out exercising, walking the dog and so on. Hard not to be envious of them.

Evo1883

I'm in a bubble at the moment , not a covid one , a mental one .

Can't seem to think outwards , trapped in my own mind somewhat.
I get like this and it can last months

Marty

Is anybody else not bothered about things opening up? I'm content to just isolate away from society now. More then happy just to sit at home playing video games or whatever. No desire to see or interact with anyone now.

clint van damme

Not sure if your job can be done WFH but even with all the vaccines I cannot see many companies going back to the 9-5 office Monday to Friday.

I suspect it will be once or twice in the office a week just for team get togethers and physical social interaction. Pretty much means you can live 2 hours away knowing you may only have to travel a couple of times. The flexibility is more beneficial than not

I cant WFH. But not t bothered now I've only got a ten minute drive.
Think you're right though, this will change the way a lot of companies operate permanently

Brighton Sky Blue

Is anybody else not bothered about things opening up? I'm content to just isolate away from society now. More then happy just to sit at home playing video games or whatever. No desire to see or interact with anyone now.

The number one thing I want to do is teach my classes as I could pre-COVID. Then in the holidays marry the missus with everyone allowed to be there as she would like.

Reading the ongoing threats to our vaccine supplies is getting us both nervous AF

clint van damme

I can't wait for life to be back to normal

Ashford the last couple of daysI think its going to take longer than I initially thought when the vacinne program got into full swing.

Just going to try and enjoy each incremental step towards normality as they happen.

Users who are viewing this thread