Mental Health (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

I've really been struggling recently with my mental health and just wanted to thank you all for being (on a whole) good people who provide entertaining content.

Flicking through these threads when your head isnt in the right place really does make you feel less alone.

Thanks lads.

rob9872

Ffs get a grip and man up 😂😂👍👍

skyblueusername

Keep strong my sky blue brother, a lot of people have always struggled with their mental health, even if they won't admit it.
With everything that is going on all around us it is even more important to have some like-minded people to connect and communicate with, even if it is with unknown random people on an internet forum!
Help is out there if you reach out for it.

robbiekeane

I've really been struggling recently with my mental health and just wanted to thank you all for being (on a whole) good people who provide entertaining content.

Flicking through these threads when your head isnt in the right place really does make you feel less alone.

Thanks lads.
Hello mate. Glad to hear the site helps out.

Not sure we’ve interacted a huge amount but just wanted to let you know that if things are ever feeling particularly shit feel free to drop me a pm I will always respond. Genuine offer, sometimes it’s easier to reach out and offload/rant/open up to someone with a degree of anonymity. Here for you!

Nick

Administrator
I have also found that watching middle aged men do dance routines on Tiktok to try and get praise from random teenagers is quite soothing when I feel a bit shit.

It shows there is always a lower place.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Thanks lads.

Hope you're doing OK mate.

I'm not particularly down or depressed at the moment but fuck me I'm angry......just feel like smashing stuff up.... think it may be time for me to go underground.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I have also found that watching middle aged men do dance routines on Tiktok to try and get praise from random teenagers is quite soothing when I feel a bit shit.

It shows there is always a lower place.

A lower place indeed, but that kind of thing also seems a bit sinister. I'm sure most of them it's a midlife crisis determined to prove their youth and vitality but some of them I can't help think "why do they want to have the attention of the teenagers so much?"

Nick

Administrator
A lower place indeed, but that kind of thing also seems a bit sinister. I'm sure most of them it's a midlife crisis determined to prove their youth and vitality but some of them I can't help think "why do they want to have the attention of the teenagers so much?"

I just think "Imagine me doing that and one of my mates finding it".

Plenty of nonces on there though.

Ccfcsj

Mental Health is a real issue - and probably even more so in the current climate.

As a lot of you know I had my issues recently but thanks to the good people on her I am getting past those - just anxious now as I'm moving house and this brings its own stress etc.

Because Mental health is such a big issue - I feel this post should become a sticky so it's always on the top of peoples pages. A common place for people to "ask" for help is essential I feel

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Thanks lads.

I've had to quit the booze as I've been a ticking timebomb lately. Been three weeks, which doesn't sound like a lot. During lockdown though it is so easy to have a few drinks in the evening. I was getting battered about three times a week.

Would say I feel better, but fuck me it is boring.

You are right though, reaching out on here is a really odd comfort, but it kind of works. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep normally it’s being quick to cry that is my go to emotion when I’m under pressure or down or worse but this last few months it’s been quick to get angry especially when people say stupid stuff and when you show why it’s stupid they say everyone is entitled to an opinion. Usually I scream internally but I’ve shouted at my sister recently and she was a bit shocked. She was talking shit mind but it’s hardly a good character trait is it

Brighton Sky Blue

I've found everyone snappier and angrier recently.

The missus and I have been like that for months when not on holiday. Both said it just feels like it’s never going to end and the way we have to do our jobs now makes it worse. Even plans for July seem like they’ll be impacted which just means a whole academic year of crap.

Nice to have a place to vent for a bit definitely

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Thanks for all your comments guys. I think at the moment it is a tough time for everyone really. Never thought reading arguments on here would be a good therapy for it, but it really is.

Just wait for the match thread on Saturday.

Some people say they stay away from it because it is toxic. I fucking love it. If you can't shout abuse at away fans then moaning about everything on there is also good therapy. Of course the highs are better and when we win it is great, but just to have a general moan or bitch about the referee or some c**t from the other team is probably a half decent way to vent and get shit off your chest.

RegTheDonk

I'm amazed at some of the revelations I've seen here sparks - things people probably wouldn't normally air outside of the family or a registred professional. Yet nobody takes the piss. Everybody is sympathetic and probably knows someone, or have themselves, been through similar issues. A problem shared is often a problem halved.

skybluegnome

My 41 year old son was talking to me recently on the phone, he lives on London, only moved there December as he was fed up with the daily commute. Recently made redundant, not much of a redundancy payout so that won't last long. Worked in the travel industry so no chance of getting a job in that.He was in tears, I've never seen him like that before, it was heartbreaking. Now made a decision to move back to Brighton where his friends are. This has made him realise how precious his friends are. Going to flat share until things improve. The good news is he's got a part time job at a local Sainsbury's, it's only a few hours a week but my goodness what a difference it has made to his mental state. All this is just to say keep going, it will turn around. Keep talking,don't bottle it up. Reading all these messages in response to the first post has been heartwarming. Great to see. Football fans have a lot of bad press. Positive Mind - Positive Vibes - Positive Life.
I'm amazed at some of the revelations I've seen here sparks - things people probably wouldn't normally air outside of the family or a registred professional. Yet nobody takes the piss. Everybody is sympathetic and probably knows someone, or have themselves, been through similar issues. A problem shared is often a problem halved.
I agree, it is amazing.

Ccfcisparks

Since I've been open with my struggles outside my immediate family its made me realise that people are a lot more understanding than first thought. It makes things a lot easier in regards to opening up, and this is the best way I have found with dealing with it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Since I've been open with my struggles outside my immediate family its made me realise that people are a lot more understanding than first thought. It makes things a lot easier in regards to opening up, and this is the best way I have found with dealing with it.

The ‘are you OK’ thread is probably one of the best on here, football threads included

clint van damme

Yep normally it’s being quick to cry that is my go to emotion when I’m under pressure or down or worse but this last few months it’s been quick to get angry especially when people say stupid stuff and when you show why it’s stupid they say everyone is entitled to an opinion. Usually I scream internally but I’ve shouted at my sister recently and she was a bit shocked. She was talking shit mind but it’s hardly a good character trait is it

'She was talking shit mind' 😂 😂

clint van damme

has anyone with mental health issues had a positive experience of lockdown?
I was talking to someone recently who said they were struggling at the start of the year but once lockdown happened, and as they described it, the world slowed down, they said they'd mental health had improved. I hadn't thought about that scenario for people affected by it.

Ccfcisparks

I was talking to someone recently who said they were struggling at the start of the year but once lockdown happened, and as they described it, the world slowed down, they said they'd mental health had improved. I hadn't thought about that scenario for people affected by it.
I can totally understand it. When my anxiety is high, going out and facing simple tasks in public is extremely difficult. I remember going and watching us in the check trade SF against Wycombe at home and being totally detached from the game due to the anxiety I was feeling. Lockdown causing a simple life, allows for a simpler routine to be developed. Wake up, eat, work, eat, go for a walk, bed.

shmmeee

Yup. Work life balance is better and I don’t worry about lack of social life any more. Also I get to do everything without human contact which is great for someone with the level of social anxiety I have.

Ccfcisparks

Yup. Work life balance is better and I don’t worry about lack of social life any more. Also I get to do everything without human contact which is great for someone with the level of social anxiety I have.
yep, you hit the nail on the head mate

LastGarrison

I've just booked a holiday. Only a few nights in Greece but literally counting down the minutes.

Genuinely can't wait just to sit in the sun, tunes on, swigging a beer and just forget about everything.

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s the polar opposite for me but at least it has been a benefit for some. Mean that genuinely

Users who are viewing this thread