Men v boys (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

I hope I’m wrong but we don’t look fit enough to compete . I know we have been down to 10 men but the pace in this league is too fast . Just hope it’s early teething and we pick up the the pace very soon . Onwards and upwards . PUSB

higgs

I hope I’m wrong but we don’t look fit enough to compete . I know we have been down to 10 men but the pace in this league is too fast . Just hope it’s early teething and we pick up the the pace very soon . Onwards and upwards . PUSB
It's taking time for us to get up to speed we are playing against a different class of player their speed of thought is catching us out at the moment they are a step ahead at the moment which is why our mistakes are proving costly

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mds

We are playing catch up, 6 months without a competitive game v 2 months max. Add to that injuries and then silly suspensions, we look like we are struggling, obviously we are but it isnt as bad as results suggest. We were worthy of at least a point against Bristol, we should have been 2-3 goals up at half time, probably deserved all three against Swansea and until the sending off Saturday were very much in the game.

I think men v boys is a bit dramatic given the circumstances, if you take into account the expectations of the teams we have played versus our own expectations for the season, even just there relative league positions, we couldnt expect a lot more than we have now, Blackburn, Brentford, Bournemouth and swansea all expected to be there or there abouts come the end of the season, we possibly should of beaten two of themand had a crazy sending off that totally ruined the Blackburn game for us.

We started off months behind in the match fitness stakes and it shows although it is obvious we are improving that, new players taking time to adapt, injuries, it all adds up. With a fully fit squad, suspension free I think we can make a game of it with most teams in this league. I wont start panicking or worrying that we are way out of our depth till xmas time when we have played for a few months with a fully fit first pick first team (if we ever get there), something we havnt been able to do as of yet, then, when the best eleven are failing i`ll be bothered or screaming men v boys or we are shit or WTF sort it out Robins\taxi for Robins ;)

As of now im dissapointed with the results, maybe with one or two players individual performances letting them and us down, but there are still 39 games and 117pts to be won, it can only get better from here and lets hope by xmas................

mrtrench

there are still 39 games and 117pts to be won

Richard Pryor is collecting all the lost points when there are draws. If it weren't for his untimely death in 2005 he'd be in the Premier League now.

Reactions: vow

The Great Eastern

We are playing catch up, 6 months without a competitive game v 2 months max. Add to that injuries and then silly suspensions, we look like we are struggling, obviously we are but it isnt as bad as results suggest. We were worthy of at least a point against Bristol, we should have been 2-3 goals up at half time, probably deserved all three against Swansea and until the sending off Saturday were very much in the game.

I think men v boys is a bit dramatic given the circumstances, if you take into account the expectations of the teams we have played versus our own expectations for the season, even just there relative league positions, we couldnt expect a lot more than we have now, Blackburn, Brentford, Bournemouth and swansea all expected to be there or there abouts come the end of the season, we possibly should of beaten two of themand had a crazy sending off that totally ruined the Blackburn game for us.

We started off months behind in the match fitness stakes and it shows although it is obvious we are improving that, new players taking time to adapt, injuries, it all adds up. With a fully fit squad, suspension free I think we can make a game of it with most teams in this league. I wont start panicking or worrying that we are way out of our depth till xmas time when we have played for a few months with a fully fit first pick first team (if we ever get there), something we havnt been able to do as of yet, then, when the best eleven are failing i`ll be bothered or screaming men v boys or we are shit or WTF sort it out Robins\taxi for Robins ;)

As of now im dissapointed with the results, maybe with one or two players individual performances letting them and us down, but there are still 39 games and 117pts to be won, it can only get better from here and lets hope by xmas................
That post mirrored my thoughts completely. No need to be crestfallen as yet. Most of us knew what was coming when we won promotion. 21st place (or above) this season will do me.

Hobo

A good post and a balanced view. Yes don't panic yet, but I understand some fans concerns. No need to kneejerk or throw baby out with bath water. But! Improve we must, players need to learn and quickly.

Points wise it is a disapointing start. But realistically it may well take 4-8 games to turn the corner. Progress can be slow but lossvof confidence can be rapid.

Stick with the team and players , we have a moutain to climb this year - but the rewards will be brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread