Men Behaving Badly (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

Cov fans getting some bad press on the Crewe forums, number of incidents after apparently?

ccfc92

Any link?

N from what I heard on sbp, the Crewe fans ran at cov when Crewe invaded the pitch.

Woz01

All the trouble was from the Crewe end. They threw a flair towards our stand and one fan actually managed to get on the pitch but quickly ran back when his gang didnt follow. He eventually got kicked out and then the rest of them sat there quietly.

hill83

All the trouble was from the Crewe end. They threw a flair towards our stand and one fan actually managed to get on the pitch but quickly ran back when his gang didnt follow. He eventually got kicked out and then the rest of them sat there quietly.

The lad in the red coat and all of his underclass mates. They were an embarrassment.
They definitely added to the problems I've heard happened after. And as for throwing the flair into us, absolute scum.

A few of our lot didn't do themselves any favours either. It was all a bit of a sorry affair.

Last edited:

cafc83

It was all sour grapes to be honest. I'm sure you'll agree that you were given a footballing lesson for 90 minutes so you really had nothing to sing about and I can understand the frustration with you hoping you could turn it around. That amid the backdrop of Robins leaving and the stadium and everything it was not a suprise that tensions were running high. But the disorder had started from Cov fans long before the trouble at the railway end (the referee had a bottle thrown at him, narrowly missing, in the first half). The level of intoxication of a substantial number of your fans was evident before kick off. The stuff inside the ground was largely posturing anyway (isn't it always). But outside the ground at the end of the game was a different matter, really disgusting scenes with 40 odd year blokes brutally attacking teenage Crewe fans for singing about going to Wembley. Terrible behaviour and these people do not belong at football matches they belong in prison. Unfortunately these types seem to be quite well represented among your fans and they are tarnishing the reputation of your great club.

wolfie

It was all sour grapes to be honest. I'm sure you'll agree that you were given a footballing lesson for 90 minutes so you really had nothing to sing about and I can understand the frustration with you hoping you could turn it around. That amid the backdrop of Robins leaving and the stadium and everything it was not a suprise that tensions were running high. But the disorder had started from Cov fans long before the trouble at the railway end (the referee had a bottle thrown at him, narrowly missing, in the first half). The level of intoxication of a substantial number of your fans was evident before kick off. The stuff inside the ground was largely posturing anyway (isn't it always). But outside the ground at the end of the game was a different matter, really disgusting scenes with 40 odd year blokes brutally attacking teenage Crewe fans for singing about going to Wembley. Terrible behaviour and these people do not belong at football matches they belong in prison. Unfortunately these types seem to be quite well represented among your fans and they are tarnishing the reputation of your great club.
every team have the unwanted minority. including crewe. on the whole football fans are far far better than they used to be. and i would hope those that seemed hell bent on causing trouble at last nights game from both sets of fans will be delt with. and for the case of "you started it" you can not possibly know that, the inncident you saw may not of been the first of the night. finger pointing does not help. let the authorities sort this out. lets hope this does not overflow into the weekends game.

CovFan

From what I saw, the incidents "started" with the Crewe fan trying to throw a flare at our fans, but then again that's probably just "posturing" and not "brutally attacking"

jon92

They threw a flare our way and it was from the group of about 10 of there fans that constantly was winding us up and yet police and stewards just let them carry on

pusbccfc

Sadly at football, or life in general... IF you start waving arms making gestures then you'll get started on. That's what thebcrewe 'casual youth'' were doing all game.

Two Cov fans got 3 year bans earlier in the season for a flare, yet the police did nothing when one was aimed at us.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Police identify the ring leader who hid amongst the Crewe fans and instigated the fighting...................

Robins_zpsbdffd939.jpg

cafc83

Come on now, I saw the flare thrown, totally unacceptable but it wasn't thrown at your fans, it was thrown on the pitch. And if your fans cannot tolerate being wound up by a few cocky teenagers without resorting to violence then, as I say, you have to question whether they are safe in society let alone in a football ground. I'm not convinced either that the disorder in that part of the ground was related to the disorder outside of the ground. It had a strong whiff of sour grapes to it all. I note that one of your songs is 'fight, fight, wherever you may be we are the famous CCFC' which was sung in a very aggresssive manner at the pubs after the game and around the train station. On the face of it it seems that you have quite a prominent hooligan element that needs to be addressed by the club.

CovFan

I'd argue your club has the greater problem tbh. Powerless to let a "few cocky teenagers" onto the pitch at the end of the game running over to the away fans and baiting them. We have got some idiots yes but they were outnumbered by the amount of "few cocky teenagers" looking for a fight.

Looks like you could have a Milleall reputation in a few years time with hate filled individuals at your club like them lot.

RoboCCFC90

Come on now, I saw the flare thrown, totally unacceptable but it wasn't thrown at your fans, (Doesn't matter if it was thrown onto the pitch if it came towards our fans than they are immeadiately going to think it was aimed at them?) it was thrown on the pitch. And if your fans cannot tolerate being wound up by a few cocky teenagers without resorting to violence then, as I say, you have to question whether they are safe in society let alone in a football ground. (This is a two way street it's called b-a-n-t-e-r, yeah some fans take it to heart and trouble does break out sometimes, but like with Swindon earlier in the season I am sure this is down to Small Town Syndrome) I'm not convinced either that the disorder in that part of the ground was related to the disorder outside of the ground. (Right of course it wasn't :facepalm:) It had a strong whiff of sour grapes to it all. (Doesn't help if gobby teenagers as you stated above try to escalate a situation then does it?) I note that one of your songs is 'fight, fight, wherever you may be we are the famous CCFC' which was sung in a very aggresssive manner at the pubs after the game and around the train station. (What? Am I really hearing this, get a grip mate! It's a chant and I'll make sure we are singing it louder Saturday for you) On the face of it it seems that you have quite a prominent hooligan element that needs to be addressed by the club. (Okay then well Good Luck in the Final, Fat Freddy to score a hat-trick Get a grip and go back to the rock you crawled out from and stop trying to cause arguements)

RoboCCFC90

FIGHT FIGHT, WHEREVER YOU MAY BE..
WE ARE THE BOYS FROM COVENTRY :welcome:

cafc83

FIGHT FIGHT, WHEREVER YOU MAY BE..
WE ARE THE BOYS FROM COVENTRY :welcome:
I can see that I'm not going to get sensible responses from you, just tribalism and partisanship without acknowledging that you have a problem. Last game at the Alex you reduced a ball boy to tears, last night a Coventry family with young kids had to be moved as one of the kids had been injured by a Coventry fan, numerous Coventry fans ejected from the ground for fighting among themselves. Numerous arrests and injuries outside the ground. If you look on youtube for Coventry videos you will find numerous examples of serious public disorder inside the Ricoh. Show me the evidence of this with Crewe fans? A flare thrown and a few kids singing songs at grown men who should no better than to attack children in reponse to it. Sorry if that's boring to you but it's the truth and if the fans carry on denying it to themselves nothing will change and the reputation of your club will be diminished.

pusbccfc

I can see that I'm not going to get sensible responses from you, just tribalism and partisanship without acknowledging that you have a problem. Last game at the Alex you reduced a ball boy to tears, last night a Coventry family with young kids had to be moved as one of the kids had been injured by a Coventry fan, numerous Coventry fans ejected from the ground for fighting among themselves. Numerous arrests and injuries outside the ground. If you look on youtube for Coventry videos you will find numerous examples of serious public disorder inside the Ricoh. Show me the evidence of this with Crewe fans? A flare thrown and a few kids singing songs at grown men who should no better than to attack children in reponse to it. Sorry if that's boring to you but it's the truth and if the fans carry on denying it to themselves nothing will change and the reputation of your club will be diminished.

I said it before...
If a team of our following visits your ground, then you have to expect replies etc from the Fans if they've been started on...
If your 'Crewe Youth' did what they did against the teams like Milwall... Well...

CovFan

You went a whole post without saying sour grapes! Well done.

Completely ignoring any comments Robo and myself made but one step at a time I suppose.

wolfie

i dont get to many matches, so i rely on sites like this to keep me up to speed. and this is the first time this season that i have seen a thread about this sort of trouble(forgive me if i have missed one). so its interesting that it happened at crewe. i would also like to add that cacf83 thinks we should tolerate a few cocky teenagers and yet he complains about a few lads have a sing song. and its is not a "prominent hooligan element" its a very small minority. which all clubs have and dont want. as a cov fan for over 30 years i condemn the action of the few sky blues fan. i suggest you go back to your forum and do the same. get your own house in order before pointing your fingers at others.

wolfie

seems to me ur saying throwing flares and aggresive singing is ok, ithink YOU are the one in denial.

cafc83

i dont get to many matches, so i rely on sites like this to keep me up to speed. and this is the first time this season that i have seen a thread about this sort of trouble(forgive me if i have missed one). so its interesting that it happened at crewe. i would also like to add that cacf83 thinks we should tolerate a few cocky teenagers and yet he complains about a few lads have a sing song. and its is not a "prominent hooligan element" its a very small minority. which all clubs have and dont want. as a cov fan for over 30 years i condemn the action of the few sky blues fan. i suggest you go back to your forum and do the same. get your own house in order before pointing your fingers at others.

I was merely pointing out that the content of the song appears to encourage and promote violence among your fans, suggestive of a culture of hooliganism. Furthermore, it would not be acceptable if Crewe fans responded to this chant with violence, which is entirely consistent wiith my earlier argument.

pusbccfc

Just a quick question CAFC, are you bringing many Saturday... I hear on 500 are coming, just after winning a semi that's shocking.:facepalm:

shropshirecov

I was merely pointing out that the content of the song appears to encourage and promote violence among your fans, suggestive of a culture of hooliganism. Furthermore, it would not be acceptable if Crewe fans responded to this chant with violence, which is entirely consistent wiith my earlier argument.

I was in the main stand, when we walked round the ground saw some Chav crewe teenagers goading Cov fans, one duly got a slap. The moral of the story. Don't behave like a div and then complain when you get a bit back.

Coventrycityfc

I witnessed huge groups of Crewe fans running from pub to pub looking for trouble yesterday evening. It all stopped when Cov fans came out and gave them what they asked for...........a slap!!! West Midlands & Crewe police out in force but failed to stop Crewe fans running and looking for trouble. I have to add it was the Crewe fans that were instigating all trouble after the game and not Cov as confirmed by the very pretty Crewe women police officers with large truncheons !!!!!

D

Deleted member 4439

I thought the 'Sit down and behave yourself" chants were incredibily inciteful.

You need to rewind your memory of events. The chants to which you refer were after the flare and coins.

Ashdown1

You should have tried the 80's when trouble was a cert not a rare occasion. I imagine last night was handbags compared to the good ole days of the Midlands Derbies and elsewhere !

cafc83

Just a quick question CAFC, are you bringing many Saturday... I hear on 500 are coming, just after winning a semi that's shocking.:facepalm:

I don't see the relevance of this comment to this thread, let's not get into the 'our club's better than your club' argument. Yes, we clearly have limitations as a football club but they bring me great pride and enjoyment and I'm quite satisfied to be honest. It's not as if Coventry haven't had their share of problems of late, which I'm sure they will overcome and return to loftier hights in the future where they belong.

Taga

Someone's fishing

RoboCCFC90

Just imagine if we had sung "Get into them, F*** them up" WW3 would have arose from it!

RoboCCFC90

500 are coming after a semi? Imagine if they could all get it fully up!

ccfctommy

I witnessed huge groups of Crewe fans running from pub to pub looking for trouble yesterday evening. It all stopped when Cov fans came out and gave them what they asked for...........a slap!!! West Midlands & Crewe police out in force but failed to stop Crewe fans running and looking for trouble. I have to add it was the Crewe fans that were instigating all trouble after the game and not Cov as confirmed by the very pretty Crewe women police officers with large truncheons !!!!!

Yeah outside the express? Their youth firm running about quite a few times.

Fwiw I didn't see any trouble.

wolfie

just went on to you tube and type in fighting at crewe fc. surprise surprise there are a few vids up there and one of the quotes i read said "this trouble was started by the chanting of the crewe youth fans" somethings never change. oh and that was 2009. so this hooligan element is still going on 4 years later. thought they would of stopped it by now!!!!

hill83

We were in the Express before the game. Got there about 5, there was a few dodgy looking characters in there, then we found out they weren't letting any Cov in so we drank up and moved on.

Users who are viewing this thread