Membership / Season Tickets (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Correct but they havent had to put up with the shit we have.
Sorry but Northampton and Brum has lost us a lot of fans that will never return, none of my mates even take an interest anymore such a shame.

Just need to create a new generation, personally speaking I've been surprised by the number of kids at school who go to games and take an interest. A group of people growing up during the club's renaissance rather than the desperate shite of before

letsallsingtogether

Just need to create a new generation, personally speaking I've been surprised by the number of kids at school who go to games and take an interest. A group of people growing up during the club's renaissance rather than the desperate shite of before
Need to be a more stable club to keep building, hopefully that with a bit more excitement on the pitch will keep pushing us upwards.

Sky Blue Harry H

none of my mates even take an interest anymore

If they've followed City for any degree of time, they may have stopped attending, but there will be a percentage of those (depending on age) who would/could return, and will still follow our fortunes. The moves away from Coventry certainly haven't helped, although we have been fortunate that the recent success has helped rekindle a lot of dormant support. We need to maintain momentum to sustain the increased support.

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Brighton Sky Blue

Need to be a more stable club to keep building, hopefully that with a bit more excitement on the pitch will keep pushing us upwards.

I agree, but you’d be surprised at how many school kids are into City games even during the 16/17 season. There’s definitely an opportunity to get a generation hooked

letsallsingtogether

I agree, but you’d be surprised at how many school kids are into City games even during the 16/17 season. There’s definitely an opportunity to get a generation hooked
Well I pushed my kids to support City I wouldnt allow any other English clubs shirts in my house full City kit or nothing.
My daughter is now 30 and my son 25 both still take an interest.
Hopefully My grandchildren when they arrive will be the same, one due in November, fortunately they live in Manchester so not a lot of competition.🤔

wantageskyblue

Doesn't the first bit contradict the second bit? I've followed the club for a similar era and I think we have steadily built up a more regular away following (as your first point suggested) Some of this has been aided by a lot of positive work between supporters' groups and the club. aided by recent relative success.
Don’t disagree with you on the away support- however our home support is often shocking quite frankly (and has been for decades). I go to as many home games as I can (including @ SA) given family and work commitments and the fact that I now live 70 odd miles from Coventry.

Where are the people of Coventry when it comes to regularly supporting the team? I remember a few years ago an important evening home game v Lincoln when they won and brought 3k plus supporters and they made it like a home game. . I travelled from Swindon after work for the best part of 2 hours to be there but where were the ‘fans’ who lived in Cov? The Notts County home leg of the play offs was the same - probably the most important game for years and so few of us there, Compare that to the Crewe game a few years earlier when a trip to Wembley was on the cards ( a game I couldn’t get a ticket for).

When we played Blues in the Cup recently I couldn’t get a ticket despite going to 6 or 7 ‘home’ games before then, because I wasn’t a season ticket holder and yet they could get 6 (?) tickets for themselves and their bandwagon mates. Those very same people then complain about our bandwagon support!

We have a hardcore support of probably 8-12 k people and it’s been that way for decades.

skybluesam66

If we got to the premier league we would sell out for maybe half of the games and all of the stay seats would be complaining about not t getting tickets

slowpoke

Moving us to Northampton and then again to Birmingham has cut our home support at a stroke. It will build up again but it takes time and will depend on results on the field.

TM8792

Apologies if this has been covered before, but If I buy a Ricoh Return Phase 2 membership for myself & 2 others, will we be entitled to a refund should government restrictions not allow us to attend games?

Brighton Sky Blue

Apologies if this has been covered before, but If I buy a Ricoh Return Phase 2 membership for myself & 2 others, will we be entitled to a refund should government restrictions not allow us to attend games?

The ST is refundable but the membership is not

Sky Blue Harry H

I contacted the club on your behalf and they've said you are entitled to a 25% discount for each game that Callum O'Hare starts ;)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Correct but they havent had to put up with the shit we have.
Sorry but Northampton and Brum has lost us a lot of fans that will never return, none of my mates even take an interest anymore such a shame.

😢😢😢😢😢 it does what it says on the tin, 😭😭😭😭😭

letsallsingtogether

I know people like that, they still went to Wembley though, just excuses in my opinion!
The ones I know didnt even watch our Wembley trips on the tele, we used to go to all the games together there was a minimum of 6 now only me left.😪

letsallsingtogether

Are they reasons or excuses when we are returning? I think excuses personally

The real excuse is blaming fans and making out that Northampton and then Brum did us no harm.

The pandemic hasnt helped. I havent been to the pub for nearly a year used to go every weekend.
Dont really miss it anymore will just pick and choose when to go now.

Sky Blue Pete

The real excuse is blaming fans and making out that Northampton and then Brum did us no harm.

The pandemic hasnt helped. I havent been to the pub for nearly a year used to go every weekend.
Dont really miss it anymore will just pick and choose when to go now.
Blaming fans? Hope I’m not. No one I know is saying it did us no harm as that would be madness. I suppose one could argue it didn’t affect our on the field success as to argue we haven’t been successful over the last 4 years would be madness too. However to use the fact that we played away from coventry for 2 years as a reason not to go in coventry doesn’t make much sense to me either

letsallsingtogether

Blaming fans? Hope I’m not. No one I know is saying it did us no harm as that would be madness. I suppose one could argue it didn’t affect our on the field success as to argue we haven’t been successful over the last 4 years would be madness too. However to use the fact that we played away from coventry for 2 years as a reason not to go in coventry doesn’t make much sense to me either
I am saying people gave up because of it maybe they weren't die hard but our club has been badly run for a long time people just had enough, that is what I'm saying, 2 years is a long time.
I had a ST this year but only watched 2 games live, missed a couple due to not knowing the start times that's unheard of.
I could have stayed away getting used to not going even though I love it, another season at Brum and I would have (Wouldnt have renewed my ST) only being honest if that makes me a shit fan then so be it.
Luckily I still know loads that go so Wembley tickets wouldnt have been a problem.
PUSB.

Sky Blue Pete

I am saying people gave up because of it maybe they weren't die hard but our club has been badly run for a long time people just had enough, that is what I'm saying, 2 years is a long time.
I had a ST this year but only watched 2 games live, missed a couple due to not knowing the start times that's unheard of.
I could have stayed away getting used to not going even though I love it, another season at Brum and I would have (Wouldnt have renewed my ST) only being honest if that makes me a shit fan then so be it.
Luckily I still know loads that go so Wembley tickets wouldnt have been a problem.
PUSB.
Pusb - new era next season let’s hope we continue to progress and attract those fans back

Garryb80

PUSB.
So openly admitting you would go for the glory day to Wembley over actually putting money in to the club? Fully respect the choice not to go to Birmingham but you lose credibility if you then go to the big day out at Wembley.

letsallsingtogether

So openly admitting you would go for the glory day to Wembley over actually putting money in to the club? Fully respect the choice not to go to Birmingham but you lose credibility if you then go to the big day out at Wembley.
That bit was a joke.
But with only 6000 fans at Brum who else was going to fill the empty seats?
i dont get this moaning about wembley.
I am a st holder as long as I get mine dont care who else gets one.

Last edited:

DazzleTommyDazzle

Well I pushed my kids to support City I wouldnt allow any other English clubs shirts in my house full City kit or nothing.
My daughter is now 30 and my son 25 both still take an interest.
Hopefully My grandchildren when they arrive will be the same, one due in November, fortunately they live in Manchester so not a lot of competition.🤔

I told my kids they could support whichever team they wanted to.

They only had to support Cov if they wanted to live inside the house.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Don’t disagree with you on the away support- however our home support is often shocking quite frankly (and has been for decades). I go to as many home games as I can (including @ SA) given family and work commitments and the fact that I now live 70 odd miles from Coventry.

Where are the people of Coventry when it comes to regularly supporting the team? I remember a few years ago an important evening home game v Lincoln when they won and brought 3k plus supporters and they made it like a home game. . I travelled from Swindon after work for the best part of 2 hours to be there but where were the ‘fans’ who lived in Cov? The Notts County home leg of the play offs was the same - probably the most important game for years and so few of us there, Compare that to the Crewe game a few years earlier when a trip to Wembley was on the cards ( a game I couldn’t get a ticket for).

When we played Blues in the Cup recently I couldn’t get a ticket despite going to 6 or 7 ‘home’ games before then, because I wasn’t a season ticket holder and yet they could get 6 (?) tickets for themselves and their bandwagon mates. Those very same people then complain about our bandwagon support!

We have a hardcore support of probably 8-12 k people and it’s been that way for decades.
6-8k more like.

Evo1883

8800 season tickets sold so far .

Probably be 9000 by the time the memberships go off sale next week .

9000 by the end of May is good .

Very possible we could have 10,000 season tickets sold by August with a couple exciting signings too .

Plus we have match packages etc .

We will have a decent average this season I'm sure

shmmeee

What do people reckon we need as an average to have a half decent atmosphere? Not raising the roof, but not cemetery either.

15k do it?

Evo1883

By August I'm betting we will have sold the most season tickets since we've been at the ricoh

Our first ricoh season we averaged 21200 with I believe 9.5k season tickets

Evo1883

What do people reckon we need as an average to have a half decent atmosphere? Not raising the roof, but not cemetery either.

15k do it?

Tbh I doubt we will average that anyway . I'm thinking 18-20k now with walk up and away support

But 17k under Mowbray was pretty loud

ccfc1234

The ones I know didnt even watch our Wembley trips on the tele, we used to go to all the games together there was a minimum of 6 now only me left.😪
Wow so they went from being fans of the club and attending games now and again to i can't be bothered to watch them for free!!? What they into now train spotting, drugs or they family aka the wife comes first types?

Separately we do need to get into the community more and make sure the 10-20yo group are up at the ground every other week. A 70% full stadium and the atmosphere winning games creates would do that.

Evo1883

I can't fucking wait for next season me
giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

15k do it?

No - 15,554 and it will be electric

In all seriousness, if crowds are allowed back properly, I think (including away) we will average over 17k

Grendel

Ive had many spats and insults with him and his brother but whatever anyone says they are both big ccfc fans and their opinions are worth hearing about

Adge

Wow so they went from being fans of the club and attending games now and again to i can't be bothered to watch them for free!!? What they into now train spotting, drugs or they family aka the wife comes first types?

Separately we do need to get into the community more and make sure the 10-20yo group are up at the ground every other week. A 70% full stadium and the atmosphere winning games creates would do that.
Wow. Getting criticism for putting your wife and family before football......

Users who are viewing this thread