Mediator (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I know ACL refused to consider this before. Whereas SISU actually said they were up for it. However now 6 months down the line do you think there is anyway it could be possible?

A panel of three independent business experts, one from the private sector, one from public sector, one from academic world.

Anne Lucas, Joy Sepalla and someone with authority to say yes or no from both the Higgs Charity and ACL. Plus one representing lawyer per person.

Hotel and conference room booked for 5 days.
Media black out till day 5. At the end of day 5 (or before if possible) the panel having listened to all the opinions views of all parties suggest the solution.

If one party reject that solution. It is publicly announced who rejected and why. That then is the matter finalised once and for all.

We then all move on down the chosen opposite paths if the agreement is not made.

If it is the council who reject the deal then the public can pressurise the council over granting planning permission for the (fictitious IMO) new stadium to be in Coventry.

shmmeee

No.

ACL: No. We have put our best and final offer on the table after months of negotiation with both SISU and CCFC. It was a reasonable and generous offer, as recognised by all 3 CCFC directors in attendance on 29 January 2013, as they verbally accepted it and shook hands in confirmation. We are not prepared to make further concessions, nor do we believe that any mediator could reasonably expect that we would. The ball is in CCFC’s court. Negotiations are now at an end, and the Board of CCFC have been duly notified.

Also known as the "sick of your shit" defence. Of course they then did go on to make a few more best and final offers.

Astute

Don't you remember the free rent offer that was put to them through the FL?

They said no offer was made to them. And they won't listen to anything directly from ACL either.

Mediation? If it is one sided on the side of SISUE they will listen. Otherwise forget it.

dongonzalos

Don't you remember the free rent offer that was put to them through the FL?

They said no offer was made to them. And they won't listen to anything directly from ACL either.

Mediation? If it is one sided on the side of SISUE they will listen. Otherwise forget it.

I am thinking of more concerted mediation agreed by both sides. As oppose to one side saying I am not talking to them so can I put the offer through you.

All we hear is the clap trap from both sides my own opinion is that SISU are mostly to blame and are still not coming out with the truth.

If you have a panel of three experts listening to the negotiations and steering them back on track then coming up with the most plausible solution.

If that is then rejected by one or all sides we will all finally know where we stand.

Basically I am looking for a conclusion one way or the other.

Astute

I am thinking of more concerted mediation agreed by both sides. As oppose to one side saying I am not talking to them so can I put the offer through you.

All we hear is the clap trap from both sides my own opinion is that SISU are mostly to blame and are still not coming out with the truth.

If you have a panel of three experts listening to the negotiations and steering them back on track then coming up with the most plausible solution.

If that is then rejected by one or all sides we will all finally know where we stand.

Basically I am looking for a conclusion one way or the other.

I don't agree.

ACL/CCC still keep making offers. They don't trust SISUE. Only an idiot would trust them after everything they have done. But SISUE say they don't trust ACL/CCC. This is just one of the lines they keep spinning. Like plan B, rent is too high, all about the pie money, two councils in talks, the boat has sailed, Timothy don't bluster, we will see the pans in a few weeks and many more.

Sisue are holding out for what they can't have and hoping we will get behind them. But it couldn't happen by law. IIRC ACL/CCC wanted the FL to mediate. SISUE turned it down.

James Smith

Didn't Stuart ask Tim if he was prepared to accept a mediator and be bound by their decision on CWR after a match when we were still at the Ricoh - and Tim say no.

RoboCCFC90

I know ACL refused to consider this before. Whereas SISU actually said they were up for it. However now 6 months down the line do you think there is anyway it could be possible?

A panel of three independent business experts, one from the private sector, one from public sector, one from academic world.

Anne Lucas, Joy Sepalla and someone with authority to say yes or no from both the Higgs Charity and ACL. Plus one representing lawyer per person.

Media black out till day 5. At the end of day 5 (or before if possible) the panel having listened to all the opinions views of all parties suggest the solution.

If one party reject that solution. It is publicly announced who rejected and why. That then is the matter finalised once and for all.

We then all move on down the chosen opposite paths if the agreement is not made.

If it is the council who reject the deal then the public can pressurise the council over granting planning permission for the (fictitious IMO) new stadium to be in Coventry.

I absolutely agree with this Dong, I can't understand why people are saying no, we are running out of options to get our Club back to the Ricoh, any option that can assist that should be explored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

Why not save time by SISU making what they consider to be a realistic offer. CCC can either accept negotiate or reject it. If the public think it was rejected unfairly the public/fans can then put pressure on them.

letsallsingtogether

Yes but have you seen the sort of people sisu get rto mediate.
Firstly Appleton supposed to be neutral'
Now we have the stadium consortium group?
Sorry would,t talk to ether personally, and that is what sisu see as neutral on their side.

Both sides don't trust one another? That's the whole point of mediation!!

chiefdave

Didn't Stuart ask Tim if he was prepared to accept a mediator and be bound by their decision on CWR after a match when we were still at the Ricoh - and Tim say no.

I remember that, don't think he so much said no outright as squirmed a bit and tried to change the subject.

One thing to consider with mediation is who would pay the bill if an agreement wasn't reached. There will be a cost to the council, and therefore the taxpayer. What if, as with the discussions with Higgs, SISU walk away and leave someone else to pay the bill. Just can't see the council going for it even if SISU would. They don't need to sell so they can just wait for SISU to make an offer at some point in the future when they finally admit there is no new ground.

lewys33

I absolutely agree with this Dong, I can't understand why people are saying no, we are running out of options to get our Club back to the Ricoh, any option that can assist that should be explored.

It isn't that we don't want. It's just it will not work. Can you honestly see a non-involved party coming up with a solution, or mediating talks which would result in a return to the Ricoh? It just isn't going to happen now mate unfortunately.

SIR ERNIE

The nub of the problem is that of the various parties, the one that should care most about the football club, should be fighting for its interests, actually cares the least.

shmmeee

To clarify I was saying no to edgys question about if they gave a reason.

dongonzalos

I don't agree.

ACL/CCC still keep making offers. They don't trust SISUE. Only an idiot would trust them after everything they have done. But SISUE say they don't trust ACL/CCC. This is just one of the lines they keep spinning. Like plan B, rent is too high, all about the pie money, two councils in talks, the boat has sailed, Timothy don't bluster, we will see the pans in a few weeks and many more.

Sisue are holding out for what they can't have and hoping we will get behind them. But it couldn't happen by law. IIRC ACL/CCC wanted the FL to mediate. SISUE turned it down.

I was under the impression SISU agreed to mediation but ACL rejected it.
I am not saying it is to be agreed by law.

The three independent panel watch and influence the negotiating process.
They then put forward the most reasonable solution having heard it all.

If it is rejected we will all know who to blame.
If it is accepted the deal is done there and then whatever it is.

Whatever ever happens that is the end of it once and for all. Both sides know it is last chance saloon. It draws a conclusion to the sorry mess.
If the Council and ACL reject then its over to them to make a profit if the Ricoh.

If SISU reject its over to them to build the stadium or sell the club.

Whichever way that week of intense independently monitored negotiations becomes the end of the matter.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I don't think you would need to pay for the mediators either.
It would be good publicity for them that they were selected. Something to add to their CV.

Each side pays for their own lawyers.

dongonzalos

One thing that would need including is that ALL litigation is stopped when deal is struck.

Also anything said in the talks cannot be used in any civil action.

However this latest twist shows how unlikely it is and now makes sense about what Ms Lucas was hinting at.

Users who are viewing this thread