Media awareness: Article re FL test (1 Viewer)

This one:
http://footylaw.wordpress.com/2013/...w-owners-fail-the-fit-and-proper-person-test/

It should be distributed to as many media outlets as possible as well as the football league.

Twitter:
@henrywinter
@OllieHolt22
@OliverKayTimes
@TonyEvansTimes
@DTguardian
@johncrossmirror
@RobHarris
@James_Dart
@philmcnulty
@skysports_bryan
@Matt_Lawton_DM
@John_Ashdown
@_PaulHayward
@rwilliams1947
@GlennMoore7
@MiguelDelaney
@Matt_Barlow_DM
@IanChadTele
@ianprior
@JWTelegraph
@Matt_Law_SM
@DickinsonTimes
@BenSmithBBC
@domfifield
@owen_g
@owenslot
@GARSIDEK
@juliette_grace
@NickSzczepanik
@DuncanCastles
@WSC_magazine
@chrisbevan_bbc
@barneyronay
@bbcsport_david
@JacobSteinberg
@seaningle
@JamesMawFFT
@danroan
@CarlyW226
@david_conn

Email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]

This will help put pressure on the FL and will make them look bad if they still go ahead with deeming them 'fit and proper'.

Last edited:

Voice_of_Reason

This one:
http://footylaw.wordpress.com/2013/...w-owners-fail-the-fit-and-proper-person-test/

It should be distributed to as many media outlets as possible as well as the football league.

Twitter:
@henrywinter
@OllieHolt22
@OliverKayTimes
@TonyEvansTimes
@DTguardian
@johncrossmirror
@RobHarris
@James_Dart
@philmcnulty
@skysports_bryan
@Matt_Lawton_DM
@John_Ashdown
@_PaulHayward
@rwilliams1947
@GlennMoore7
@MiguelDelaney
@Matt_Barlow_DM
@IanChadTele
@ianprior
@JWTelegraph
@Matt_Law_SM
@DickinsonTimes
@BenSmithBBC
@domfifield
@owen_g
@owenslot
@GARSIDEK
@juliette_grace
@NickSzczepanik
@DuncanCastles
@WSC_magazine
@chrisbevan_bbc
@barneyronay
@bbcsport_david
@JacobSteinberg
@seaningle
@JamesMawFFT
@danroan
@CarlyW226
@david_conn

Email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]

This will help put pressure on the FL and will make them look bad if they still go ahead with deeming them 'fit and proper'.

I have emailed the Football League, the Caters News Agency and also asked Paul Appleton if he is aware that Otium, CCFC Ltd and CCFC H Ltd are allegedly in breach of the Sections 441 and 451 of the Companies Act.

I have emailed the Football League, the Caters News Agency and also asked Paul Appleton if he is aware that Otium, CCFC Ltd and CCFC H Ltd are allegedly in breach of the Sections 441 and 451 of the Companies Act.

Excellent :claping hands:

Do the CovTel team have an email address?

jesus-wept

What's the chances of a lay-man challenging an adverse FL decision should it happen and could that bring a delay to any ccfc ltd sale.

Voice_of_Reason

What's the chances of a lay-man challenging an adverse FL decision should it happen and could that bring a delay to any ccfc ltd sale.

Without Prejudice.

It would appear that the preferred bidder the Administrator selected, Otium, is alledgedly in breach of the Companies Act Section 441 and its Directors under Section 451 and also it's associated companies. Is a breach of the Companies Act Sections 441 and 451 a criminal act ?

Voice_of_Reason

Without Prejudice.

It would appear that the preferred bidder the Administrator selected, Otium, is alledgedly in breach of the Companies Act Section 441 and its Directors under Section 451 and also it's associated companies. Is a breach of the Companies Act Sections 441 and 451 a criminal act ?

Have ACL's Lawyers been made aware of this article I wonder ?

cofastreecity

If the FL do their job right in line itch their own insolvency policy then, SISU and its cohort of Directors will go through the rigour, having said that the Administrator has a duty to report Directors conduct to the Secretary of State as part of his investigations, keep digging everyone

@richh87

Great work Everyone!!! This is the best way to fight Otium's takeover. As the article says, the government want reforms in football governance and so should be interested in this.

This is the best piece I have seen as far as tripping up SISU goes.

Spread this to as many journalists as you can. Bombard the media. It takes seconds, and if we can make this a big talking point in the press and show it up to be everything that's wrong with football, then we can fight the C-units off.

ajsccfc

What was his input like ?
Not a scooby, I caught it just in time for the presenter to say 'that was Henry Winter of (whatever paper he writes for) speaking to us about the situation'. I was quite impressed it's a national journo of repute.

Monners

Anyone pointed the linnk in the direction of Pat Murphy at the BBC yet? Midlands football correspondent who seems happy to ask the right questions. I am a non tweeter and can't find a direct email address.

Samo

My latest email to the FL for what it's worth:

Dear Sir or Madam,
The whole football world is watching. The government is also watching. Awareness of our plight rises every day.
Will you deem Otium (SISU) 'Fit & Proper' owners?
Is your 'Fit & Proper' test fit for purpose?
If the answer to the first question is yes then the answer to the latter question is no.
Please be aware that should you decide that Otium are fit and proper owners we, the Coventry City supporters, will want to know if a court of law agrees that your test is fit for purpose. I sincerely hope, for the good of our club and football in general, you will find the courage to do what ALL can see is right.
Thanks and regards,

This is the best piece I have seen as far as tripping up SISU goes.

Definitely. Fisher can make up whatever theories he likes as reasoning to take the club out of Coventry but not filing the accounts for the last 3 years is a fact that is in breach of the FL's own stipulations.

How they could deem them fit and proper after that simply because they are hiding behind a different name is beyond me.

Otis

It's a very good piece this and it does throw up some interesting stuff.

Legal stuff though can be a minefield.

Not sure this is ever going to be fully unraveled.

@richh87

It's a very good piece this and it does throw up some interesting stuff.

Legal stuff though can be a minefield.

Not sure this is ever going to be fully unraveled.

Good to know there are these things though. I dare say there are things in the accounts that could drop them in it, but it takes someone clued up and who has access.

BigadamL

Just got in touch with Pat Murphy from the bbc, asked him to have a look at the report and see what he thought! Asked to help it get wider spread

dadgad

Very good article.
Being saying as much for years.
How can honest people be expected to support a club that is riddled with so many inconsistencies and lack of compliance.?
Not one penny more - remember

blend

footylawblog - great article. What advise do you have for us fans? What actions in your mind would be worth us doing in our current situation?

WillieStanley

Very good article.
Being saying as much for years.
How can honest people be expected to support a club that is riddled with so many inconsistencies and lack of compliance.?
Not one penny more - remember

Not even £30 for the new shirt. £29.99 and #notonepennymore!!

@richh87

It's important to focus on intelligent points like this and push them to the media and Football League.

Any City fan reading this needs to share the article, it's the least we can all do.

Users who are viewing this thread