mcsheffrey's movement (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Got to say Macca's movement yesturday when moved up front yesturday was the best i've seen from a city forward in years. He was consitently close enough to Juke for knockdowns and was runnning in behind for flick on's nicely.

Also he put in a lot of work when we didn't have the ball.

Just a shame he missed a sitter!

Last edited:

Gaz

Yeah he should have done better when he went through, but all in all I thought Gary did well yesterday

Lord_Nampil

But he was there Right place right time!

I think the problem the whole squad has had recently is that they don't believe in them selves! Yesterday in the second half or the first time we saw Bell, Baker and Macca playing a level of football we haven't seen before this season! Confidence is such a massive factor in football, and even Rooney and Torres and show you what impact having none does to your game!

We are not that bad, we have some good players but when there is no motivation, no belief, no confidence you will always struggle! Yesterday needs to be backed up with another win on sat against Brighton, if we do that and Macca, Baker and Bell all play like they did yesterday in the second half we could have a chance!!!

Got to say Macca's movement yesturday when moved up front yesturday was the best i've seen from a city forward in years. He was consitently close enough to Juke for knockdowns and was runnning in behind for flick on's nicely.

Interesting - I thought the very opposite and at times Macca was not close enough !

Football is indeed a game of opinions.

That said - a really spirited performance yesterday in the 2nd half and well done Thorn for changing things at half time. Bigi was awful.

ccfcdan

Macca was brilliant yesterday, Never stopped working. Even in the first half when we were awful he was buzzing about. Should of took his chance but I agree,That's the most I've seen a city forward run about since Andy Morrell.

Yes Gary played in his preferred position and played best of season making himself constantly available for balls through the middle which should have been exploited more.

Macca would have had even more chances if the Juke had played more closer to the middle (pet thing of mine) to lay off with knockdowns and flicks but until he does this chances will go begging.

PUSB

Gaz

Just out of interest, where would everyone rather seen Macca play, up front or Middfield ?

SkyBlueScottie

Did you not attend any of games King played in?

While McSheff probably had his best game of the season to say its the best movement from any City fioorward in the plast few years is a tad extreme.

pusbccfc

I thought gary did a great job, the only downside to me was he did get caught of side a fair few times.
I can't really remember seeing many offsides this season!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Macca did do better (Dont want to boost his ego too much as in the past hes had good games, and the compliments got to him a bit and we never had another purrformance like it after).

He should have atleast tested James with that sitter!

I do agree he wasnt close enough to Juke for the majority of the game, mainly the first half, but tbf, Juke was playing too wide for my liking. He was still winning headers, but had noone to nod it onto.

Must say that Bell and Baker had decent games to. But again, I will be a killjoy and predict these are one offs!

Thomas is growing into a decent player every game. Not keen on him as a defensive midfielder, but hes doing a good job at covering there (hopefully its just a temporary position).

skybluegod

the Balls are to light thats why most shots go flying over the bar or when they score it's high in the net unless you side foot it like deegan did.

Nonleagueherewecome

Did you not attend any of games King played in?

While McSheff probably had his best game of the season to say its the best movement from any City fioorward in the plast few years is a tad extreme.

Whilst King facilitated a hell of a lot of it by generally occupying 2 men, I actually thought it was Mcsheffrey who was the "king" (sorry) of movement for us last season; he was finding space constantly. That said, I've always said (as has he) that's he's a striker: look back at his finishes last year, and they were those of a natural goalscorer.

I think he's not been as fit this year, and had too much to do without a King occupying defenders. So I would rather see him up front now-he said it was the best hour of his life in the past 4 years, and he had his buzz and swagger back. Agreed, it was a sitter he missed; but he got into position superbly, and it's that movement we've missed.

As for Deegan-yes he tackled and chased, but once again I think his true strength is being missed; his passing (eg for Sheff chance, plus numerous other first time balls, which helped to transform our tempo), and also his movement. It took quite a while for Cyrus to get on his wavelength, but Deegs was constantly finding space in the RCM area. It really was a master class in midfield movement. And he also did a couple of his PPM "Arrives late in box" (one from FM ;)) by suddenly breaking into a sprint and arriving unmarked in the area. They're all the more deceptive because he usually moves, as I said previously, like a cross between a troll and a crab :)

Oh, and David Bell's quadruple-stepover and shot move deserves a bit more of a fanfare than it's getting. It's like he suddenly remembered just how bloody skillful he was in his Luton days, and turned on the old magic.

Can any of the above be repeated? Tune in Saturday to find out! Hope springs eternal.

KersleyDigs

This thread has hit the nail on the head. I thought exactly the same about Sheff's performance after the game, his movement off the ball was very good.

It was nice to see a striker playing off the last man. making runs that demand through balls from the midfield players. Gary was unlucky with a few offside calls too I though.

Well done the real Gary McSheffrey, nice of you to drop by, maybe we'll see you again at the Brighton game?!

Users who are viewing this thread