McSheffrey (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Whats the deal? Why has he been so poor? Can we afford to have a player who is poor 99% of the time on the hope he will pull something amazing out of the bag every 15 games?

sky_blue_up_north

I always said when he came back he was a spend force. To many injuries have taken there toll, no where near the player he used to be. Sad to say, but I would let him go if someone will take him.

sotv1987

Whats the deal? Why has he been so poor? Can we afford to have a player who is poor 99% of the time on the hope he will pull something amazing out of the bag every 15 games?

No is the answer i think Nick mate, he has been the biggest disappointment in my opinion this season and most of last season, before i get slated, i done nearly all the games last season and haven’t missed a game this season to date, you can i some way forgive the new boys and hussey for being young, but Macca should be leading from the front, but unfortunately is lacking at the moment, only my opinion!!!!

skybluejelly

was just about to start the same thread ..the bloke is a shadow of his former self..it is as though every ounce of confidence has been drained out of him,i thought last night he might go for it and get some much needed confidence back but he was dreadful

rswxite

Id let him go too, his 6k a week wages could pay for 2 decent league 1 players or a proven goalscorer at this level!

stupot07

No we can't. I said before the start of the season that every single player needs to contribute and play at 7/8's out of 10 week in week out if we stand any chance of promotion. A promotion team has no passengers, we have quite a few at the moment with Mcsheffrey being the main one.

CovMatt1987

must say last night was a major dissappointment from him, and worries me for the future. he obviously has the ability to play in this league and have a big effect, I just dont see the drive or effort in him - like someone said earlier in the thread maybe it is to do with the injuries? he isnt exactly ancient but when you hit 30 and youve had a few injuries there have to be concerns.

which is all a shame - I was hopeful for him when we came down, I thought he would be able to do a job this season and would perhaps be more eager to do so then anyone else (being a cov kid and all) but so far this season he was been lacking bigtime - kind of summed up last night. I was pretty much sitting pitch level along the left hand side so got a great view of him first half.......there was no urgency, drive, just didnt look bothered. always checked back when he had the ball to play back to left back, wasnt running forward into space to get the ball, just wanted it to feet, really dissappointing

LJC_CCFC

Scored 15 goals since rejoining us even when he is crap he offers a goal threat worth a place on the bench

I have to say i think Sheff was extremely poor last night, i never abuse players at games but if i was ever going to it would have been last night. I felt so sorry for Hussey last night, idiots booing him before the ball had reached him (knob jockies) while Sheffs stood around as his wide player not helping him at all. Hussey was ok defensively, not a problem there but kept giving ball away trying to find a City player. Not so easy though when no one was making any runs and Sheff spent most of the half within 20 feet of Hussey? Second half he was much better as was Sheff later on in the game. it seemed the sight of the subs warming up kicked Sheffs into gear and he had three good efforts in the last quarter of an hour? As for the claims about Hussey abusing the crowd, get a life, he should have with the pathetic abuse he was getting, but no, he had the bollocks to smash in a great penalty and then ran to the crowd getting them going, when will the jokers who boo him give it a rest. Warning if you sit near me, as like the three blokes last night, and boo our players, then expect my 18 stone to sit on your head, promise.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Amusingly he was tipped in my mate's Racing Plus paper as League One's top scorer.

To use the parlance of the day, I LMAO.

OyJimmy

Actually I think his poor performances are down to awfull management. He's obviously an older player and as you get older your knees get weaker. Particularly if your a winger where you are expected to turn in more.

So why bad management? If you look at his biggest strengths its his finishing abilities and his turn of pace over short distances. If you look at our striking weaknesses its finishing. Look at last night our best efforts in open play were Mcsheffreys 2 shots on target which forced the goalkeeper to save. He only plays on the left because no one else is as good as him there. So really we should either cane our system, bring in a left winger who's good enough or p,at him up front.

Am I wrong in thinking Mcsheffrey was top scorer for s last season from midfield?

Want to blame anyone? Blame Thorn!

pusbccfc

Didn't he go to Leeds when they were in League 1 and not do much?

Yes, 9 games, 1 goal.
So really he's into double figures of league one games and has scored 1!:facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
Actually I think his poor performances are down to awfull management. He's obviously an older player and as you get older your knees get weaker. Particularly if your a winger where you are expected to turn in more.

So why bad management? If you look at his biggest strengths its his finishing abilities and his turn of pace over short distances. If you look at our striking weaknesses its finishing. Look at last night our best efforts in open play were Mcsheffreys 2 shots on target which forced the goalkeeper to save. He only plays on the left because no one else is as good as him there. So really we should either cane our system, bring in a left winger who's good enough or p,at him up front.

Am I wrong in thinking Mcsheffrey was top scorer for s last season from midfield?

I thought our best chances were from elliott mcgoldrick and elliott, did he force the keeper into a save? I just remember him being greedy and instead of squaring it having an awful shot :(

He only played because barton wasnt here...

He's a good player in this division and will score goals, like a lot of our players is badly out of form.
I'd give him ago up front the boy can finish

stupot07

Feck me he only turned 30 a couple of weeks ago, hardly a pensioner.

stupot07

He's a good player in this division and will score goals, like a lot of our players is badly out of form.
I'd give him ago up front the boy can finish

I'm fed up of hearing that fecking line like we're now playing in Coventry Sunday League, it's as irritating as the Tories and Lib Dems justifying every decision by saying 'in the national interest'

I'm fed up of hearing that fecking line like we're now playing in Coventry Sunday League, it's as irritating as the Tories and Lib Dems justifying every decision by saying 'in the national interest'

I don't care if your fed up with it its true, see how many goals he scores by the end of the season. And who gives a shit about lib dems and tories

skybluegod

IMO i think it's the money and confidence he's getting paid less than he's ever been on no bonus and he doesn't get played his heart is not at the club atm he needs to start getting his mind right i'm one of his biggest fans but he was god honestly awful.

Nick

Administrator
IMO i think it's the money and confidence he's getting paid less than he's ever been on no bonus and he doesn't get played his heart is not at the club atm he needs to start getting his mind right i'm one of his biggest fans but he was god honestly awful.

So much for the club he loves then..

ccfc_Tom

i didn't think he was terrible last season, to me it seemed he went shite after that penalty miss against millwall and received some abuse. Hasn't played well since.

Black6Osprey

He's obviously struggling with his form but he's not a midfielder and never has been. He hasn't got the speed he used to have and never could tackle. He's a striker and I think would still be a good finisher but with a fairly long list of strikers now on the books, he's gonna remain playing out of position and looking well past it, if he plays at all.

Users who are viewing this thread