McPake (1 Viewer)

Otis

You can either spend each week, playing in front of half empty stadiums, in a league that doesnt mean anything at all and is so far down the football pecking order its untrue

Surely that describes us and League One too just as potently as the 2nd point! :whistle:

ccfcway

our dream of relying all season on a cameron / willis partnership is about to come true

:facepalm:

dongonzalos

Its a strange one, but CCFC are not going to make him feel welcome. I am guessing he is on similar wages to Cranie so we cant afford him and they will encourage him to stay with someone in Scotland even if it is a free transfer (undisclosed)

Shame really do like him and thin he would destroy league one strikers. Type of player we need in tough times

stupot07

Its a strange one, but CCFC are not going to make him feel welcome. I am guessing he is on similar wages to Cranie so we cant afford him and they will encourage him to stay with someone in Scotland even if it is a free transfer (undisclosed)

Shame really do like him and thin he would destroy league one strikers. Type of player we need in tough times

I don't agree that Ccfc won't make him feel welcome but there are 2/3 main points.

1) he only has 1 year left on his contact - we have lost too many players on a free in the last 2 years, we can't let it happen.
2) which leads to the fact he is very unlikely to want to sign a contract extension. It's well documented that his missus is homesick an wants to go back to Scotland
3) i don't think he'll be on as much as cranie but he will be on a high wages by league one standards.

The question the club should be putting forward to him now - "will you sign a years extension to your current contract?" if the answer is no - they need to off load him now, especially as a buyer(s) are already lined up.

I'd be very surprised if he was on as much as Cranie was / was offered. I always liked the look of him and think we'll have missed out on a player who could have ended up a mainstay in the side, given a run of form and luck with injures.

Users who are viewing this thread