mcpake gone for free! (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
On the official site. He gone to hibs. Can't believe we let him go for free...

@richh87

On the official site. He gone to hibs. Can't believe we let him go for free...

Stupid SISU tw@s!

We'll wish we still had McPake in 3 days' time when Keogh and Cranie are gone. He's more than good enough for League 1 - and we don't even get compensated!

Sub

well this will help with people making a informed choice:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

TheHellion

I'm astounded about this. I can understand selling a player providing you re-invest to replace him, but to let him go for free is surely madness?

why are u guys upset at this? i think its great news to get him off the wage bill, as for demanding a fee. seriously? what club would pay a transfer fee for such a crock, the club taking him on are taking a big enough risk giving him a contract so nobody in their right mind would pay a transfer fee on top of that

Gaz

Soooo pissed off at this.

Are our owners trying to ruin us or what.:mad:

TheHellion

why are u guys upset at this? i think its great news to get him off the wage bill, as for demanding a fee. seriously? what club would pay a transfer fee for such a crock, the club taking him on are taking a big enough risk giving him a contract so nobody in their right mind would pay a transfer fee on top of that

I can understand that he's been injury prone, and that it's a good thing to get him off the wage bill if he doesn't want to be here and is never fit....

But it's not like he's going to be one of the higher earners surely? And at least if we'd got a fee for him, we'd have had something to possibly put back in in terms of getting a replacement? I just don't think we are in any position to be letting players go on a free, especially when we need to be active in the transfer market. To me, it just doesn't make sense.

Walking Bird

Surely we could have got some "Magic Beans" or something for him! :facepalm:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
why does it take lengthy negotiations to let him go for nothing, zip, nada, nowt, SFA !

SkyBlue_Bear83

I guess most people are assuming Keogh and Cranie will go leaving Wood as the only senior centre half in the squad which is reason to worry.

Mcpake would have been excellent in league 1 if he could stay fit

stupot07

Hibs can't afford much of a fee, he wants to leave but has never put anything is writing, so perhaps the negotiations were around hibs paying him the loyalty bonus and agents fees we'd have had to pay.

Yes McPake may have been good in league one but really he's only played 38 games for us in 2 1/2 years, and as he was brought in to be in the first eleven and brought in during the 'good times' when money was available it would t surprise me if he is one of top 4-5 earners.

Horrible bit of business. If he wanted to leave, I think the Club should have honoured it. However, get some money. I would have been disappointed not to recoup less than £200k (however unlikely). He could absolutely have done a job in our first team. If Keogh and Cranie leave, we are now hoping that Wood can play a whole season and Cameron comes good. An area of relative strength on the pitch falls into line with everywhere else... severely lacking in depth. Roll on mid table, a sure sign of things to come (i.e. outgoings > investment).

pauljdh

Another one gone

According to the Beeb McPake has joined Hibs.

As promised by June 30th we can make an "informed decision".

I have,

Away games for me next season - FUCK SISU

Walking Bird

why does it take lengthy negotiations to let him go for nothing, zip, nada, nowt, SFA !

I presume negotiations were with McPake to forgoe any loyalty bonuses or something like that.

TheRoyalScam

'Roll on mid table.....'

I think mid table is being overly ambitious.

Avoiding relegation would be an achievement at the moment.

:blue:

Marty

Why such the hysteria?? someone who can't play more then 20 games a season is let go on a free. Think we should count ourselves lucky someone was stupid enough to take him of our hands. Just Baker, Bell, Hussey & Deegan to go!!

Marty

Also the lengthy negations could have been due to his current contract, players have loyalty bonuses and stuff like that. So maybe we did get a fee, but it was only to cover the clauses in his contract?

Users who are viewing this thread