McNulty (1 Viewer)

Hertsccfc

Was great in League 2, and i for one will be forever grateful for his efforts for us, but not convinced that he can be effective higher than that. Also he wouldn't fit our system. He seems more effective in a front two alongside a big forward like Biamou.

higgs

Would Robins have him back in any case?
He wasn't too happy when McNulty and his dad forced through his move to Reading
Fair enough I thought that they were still in contact so assumed they were still on good terms

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

higgs

But he is/was a better level than League 2. When you look at PL players and how fit they are though, McNulty never looked fully in shape in his Hibs/Sunderland games (i,e looked like he needed to shed quite a few pounds)
No doubt he needed or needs to shed a few pounds possibly stones but no doubt Mark Robins could get the best out of him once again. Pity he didn't stay as his career is gone backwards now where as with us his career started to take off

mark82

No doubt he needed or needs to shed a few pounds possibly stones but no doubt Mark Robins could get the best out of him once again. Pity he didn't stay as his career is gone backwards now where as with us his career started to take off

His bank balance hasn't gone backwards though.

Interesting that Robins said there was going to be one more come in but that can't happen now. Wonder if it could've been McNulty prior to the allegations.

SleepyGinger

Can’t see him settling anywhere soon, nobody is going to want to pay his wages, probably another season on loan in league 1/2 or Scotland. Think he would of scored for us the year we went up fwiw but he chose the money, worked out better for us in the end.

Ccfcisparks

Mcnulty scores 5 in 21 goals for Sunderland on loan. I remember people were saying they wouldn’t be pleased with Kayden Jackson who got 11 in 31 in League 1.

Liquid Gold

McNulty got 23 league goals in that promotion season while Godden only got 10 at Stevenage. One is now first choice in the Championship and the other is trying to find a club to have him.

higgs

Max will go as soon as he finds a club
McNulty is a sad case really
He seems to have a few issues
Hope he can get help to resolve them
Could Mark get the best out of him again do you think he has the potential to score in the championship?

Nick

Administrator
Could Mark get the best out of him again do you think he has the potential to score in the championship?

Give it up.

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 2477

I’m saying he was a great player for us in League 2. So was Doyle. Burge got voted goalkeeper of the season or whatever it was.

We are now in the Championship. No one is calling for John Akinde to be signed.

great player for us in league 2 but he wanted away and its back fired on his career. He isnt good enough for the championship and some people need to let go especially with all this betting issue its the last thing our squad needs is someone who isnt playing by the rules.
perhaps we should get Marlon back as well He is a proven goal scorer in the championship

better days

Doubt MR is thinking along those lines
The lad didn't take his chance in the Championship at Reading
They would have seen him in training every day
That's where decisions are made
Does the lad look after himself, what does he do away from the club and so on

Liquid Gold

Max will go as soon as he finds a club
McNulty is a sad case really
He seems to have a few issues
Hope he can get help to resolve them
He was never 100% fit here. Even when he scored the goal in the playoff semi at the ricoh you can see his shirt sticking to his gut from the rain. His form also improved when he picked up a virus and last over a stone. The summer before his move up to the championship he spent most of it celebrating and boozing. He’s in the game for the money, hence jumping ship at first opportunity and his record in the league below the one we’re in now is terrible. We’re a championship club now, there is zero point in looking at players with fitness and attitude concerns that has never done well in the league below us. If “Robins can get the best out of anyone” tell him to do it with Kastaneer, Jobello and Hilssner in a position of need.

I love McNulty for what he did with us but he moved on and so did we. In that time we’ve become a much better club and should be looking at players above his ability.

Users who are viewing this thread