McLaren sack imminent, Armstrong recall imminent? (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

i really doubt he will be recalled

surprised stupot stated it will defintley happen

Gazolba

If I was a new manager of a relegation-threatened side, I'd certainly want to take a look at any loanees, either at their loaned-out clubs or by recalling them. Just because they recall Armstrong does not mean there is any pressure on him or that they are 'putting all their hopes on him', he might be recalled and then never play. He could be under less pressure there than he is with us.

Paxman II

I think a recall is extremely unlikely. He has been cleared to remain at Coventry for the rest of the season. Now the premier league is a different beast and with relegation threatened Newcastle a pressure pot no 10 year old can be expected to play in. Coventry have a their map planned out and so it would be against any agreement too. Not saying they will take the plunge and recall him anyway, but I think highly unlikely.
One sideways glance at what he is doing for Coventry right now currently unable to buy a win should tell them it's a false dawn to make a recall. let him play at Coventry every game - they will need him in the Championship and the experience he is getting is therefore invaluable.

stupot07

. Coventry have a their map planned out and so it would be against any agreement too. .

How is it against any agreement? They made sure they inserted a 24hr recall clause in before they agreed to extend his loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Surely if anything he is more likely NOT to be recalled now, new manager will want to give his multi million pound superstars a fresh go & try to get the best out them, by the time he realised they're not that good season will be over & we'll have Armstrong for our 3 playoff games!

Paxman II

How is it against any agreement? They made sure they inserted a 24hr recall clause in before they agreed to extend his loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

It may be a 24 hr clause subject to other conditions. I certainly would not be simply hoping he won't be called back at the drop of a hat. Maybe the 24 hr cluse is subject to a game week plan i.e. after 30 games it can not be within 24 hrs etc etc.
But anyway I hope we keep him for the play offs.

AFCCOVENTRY

I have to say the way Mike Ashley is treating McLaren with all these talks with Benitez on-going is really shameful.

Hobo

Fans have tried to scaremonger about Armstrong all season long.

rupert_bear

Without Armstrong though perhaps Mowbray will alter the format of the team away from one up front which simply isn't working.

Otis

Always going to happen with loans.

We get good loans in next season we are going to have to accept they could get recalled at any time.

If Murphy had continued his good form there woukd have been talk about him too.

Not great for stability is it.

stupot07

To be fair it's not just fans, journalists and ex players have been calling for him to be recalled all season.

Otis - I disagree about Murphy, even on form there were a lot of question marks. There's a big difference in quality between Armstrong and Murphy.

Otis

To be fair it's not just fans, journalists and ex players have been calling for him to be recalled all season.

Otis - I disagree about Murphy, even on form there were a lot of question marks. There's a big difference in quality between Armstrong and Murphy.

There is, but with Norwich struggling as they are, I think if Murphy had been on fire they would have recalled him.

skybluebeduff

If he is sacked, and Rafa comes in, he has at his disposal Perez, Cisse, Aarons, Mitrovic, Riviere and Gouffran.

All that money spent this season just to pin their survival hopes on their 19y old reserve player.

I doubt it very much!

Terry Gibson's perm

Isn't Armstrong called up for England games over Easter? Another reason a new manger wouldn't recall him.

Newcastle games would be off if there are other internationals at the time, but don't worry Benitez won't recall him.

torchomatic

To be honest most of the time Armstrong struggles with L1 defences. Although he's undoubtedly a very good player, he certainly isn't ready for the Premier League just yet.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Skyblueweeman

To be honest most of the time Armstrong struggles with L1 defences. Although he's undoubtedly a very good player, he certainly isn't ready for the Premier League just yet.

Yeah, this. He's not exactly been on fire lately or brimming with confidence. The only reason I can see him leaving is if Benitez like Klopp is against the loan system which I don't think he is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

No Way Back

3 or 4 months ago losing his goals would have been the end of our season. But he could still come good if we can hang on to him.

Gazolba

He's scoring as many as Callum Wilson did, and let's not forget Callum had the benefit of Leon Clarke as a co-striker and a far superior midfield to feed him balls (Baker and Moussa). If Wilson could make the step up, I don't see why Arma couldn't. The question is would he be considered better than what Newcastle already have?

67tuck

Rafa will want full control of 'Footballing' matters...... He'll at least take a look at Arma ie @Blackpool or For a few days next week similar to Klopp with Kent earlier in the season....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

SkyBlue_Bear83

Can't see him recalling him, Benitez hasn't really been known for giving youth a chance or taking risks in his career and putting Armstrong into the Newcastle team would be a massive risk.

Benitez will go for the senior players like Mitrovic, Cisse, Perez etc.

Users who are viewing this thread