McLaren sack imminent, Armstrong recall imminent? (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

It seems that McLaren's days as Newcastle manager are numbered. Can Armstrong's recall be far behind? I think Mowbray should certainly be planning for it although I'm not sure what his options are.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think it's pretty much going to happen. So many ex Newcastle players asking for him to be recalled.

Samo

It was great to have him here but his departure could be the catylist for a much needed rethink.

ConnorDevine

Why would they recall him? his barely scoring in league 1 now, never going to make a difference to their chances this year

thewards5579

I repeat Arma was loaned to us on the say so of the Newcastle board for the full season now so its nothing to do with brolly boy or whoever is appointed new manager

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

thewards5579

Ok ill try to simplify further.....its nowt to do with McLaren and Arma is here for the season

StevieM

Recalling a 19 year old with only 30 odd games experience of playing "mens" football and burdening him with saving their premiership skin would hardly be a clever move for either player or club.
From what I have seen of Newcastle on telly this season their main problem is that they can't stop conceding goals.

Brylowes

Ok ill try to simplify further.....its nowt to do with McLaren and Arma is here for the season

I'm sure he is here for the rest of the season, but if a new guy is appointed
and wants a closer look at him, he will be recalled IMHO.

thewards5579

I'm sure he is here for the rest of the season, but if a new guy is appointed
and wants a closer look at him, he will be recalled IMHO.
It was spoken about on Sky Sports around January time that both Mowbray and Venus have a geordie contact on the transfer committee on Necastles board....they dont allow their managers to discuss transfers let alone decide on them Brylowes....its an Ashley rule

usskyblue

Plan b

box_of_matches.jpg

Gazolba

Why would they recall him? his barely scoring in league 1 now, never going to make a difference to their chances this year

So when they are relegated no-one can say "Why didn't you recall him?". It's called covering your arse.

thewards5579

Its called playing by Mike Ashleys rules im afraid nomatter how much you want to prove your ppint lol

Otis

Be ridiculous to recall him. Just how much pressure would that be on his shoulders to haul his club out of the relegation zone in the Premier League! The lad has just turned 19 and is playing League One football.

Wouldn't be surprised if they did it, but it would a stupid move for sure.

Hobo

He won't be recalled.

stupot07

I would think that this is almost a certainty.

I don't think he's the answer to their relegation woes, but it also wouldn't be a ridiculous move for Newcastle. If we were were struggling for goals and down the bottom of league one, and Sambou was out on loan in the conference and scored 20 goals in 30 games (regardless of recent form) we would be wanting him to be recalled. You'd got to try everything you Can to avoid relegation. In fact there quite often calls for Sambou to be in the squad now ahead of much senior players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

ClarkeZ

I think a recall could actually do the kid a favour. He's getting very little from us at the moment. He's been getting no service from anywhere recently so his lack of goals is unsurprising. He scored so many when we were finding ways of breaking through the back 4 and giving him chances to shoot inside the box.

With better quality service in the premier league he might just be able to find something. Wont be a world beater but he might just knock a couple in for them. He looks like he could use a bit of a shake up.
I have a feeling he could go back if the new manager wants to play a certain way, we would miss him badly. Murphy would be the only option up there, that scares the shit outta me.

Stupot mentioned Bassala Sambou, I say get him in the match squad and some occasional match time pretty sharpish. Looks a good talent when hes played elsewhere recently, I feel like we should give him a shot!

BackRoomRummermill

If Arma scores a couple next match then it is a possibility , depends on the loan contract t and c I don't know so unlike others I would not spout shite and make a blind assumption

fernandopartridge

I would think that this is almost a certainty.

I don't think he's the answer to their relegation woes, but it also wouldn't be a ridiculous move for Newcastle. If we were were struggling for goals and down the bottom of league one, and Sambou was out on loan in the conference and scored 20 goals in 30 games (regardless of recent form) we would be wanting him to be recalled. You'd got to try everything you Can to avoid relegation. In fact there quite often calls for Sambou to be in the squad now ahead of much senior players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

No, it's an even madder idea than it was earlier this season. They are struggling for goals and under pressure, it's a lot for him to take on. He's struggling for us now we're struggling and Newcastle play a similar system.

malkitccfc

They're not going to recall Armstrong to keep them in the premier league... the best thing for his career would be if they went down and he returned next season and had a season in the championship playing week in week out

Otis

No, it's an even madder idea than it was earlier this season. They are struggling for goals and under pressure, it's a lot for him to take on. He's struggling for us now we're struggling and Newcastle play a similar system.
Yep, more under pressure than they ever were before. It would be a stupid move to pin all their hopes on a young player just making his way in the game and playing League One football.

The pressure would be enormous on the poor lad and the papers will be filled with shining white knight stories and expectation.

clint van damme

Yep, more under pressure than they ever were before. It would be a stupid move to pin all their hopes on a young player just making his way in the game and playing League One football.

The pressure would be enormous on the poor lad and the papers will be filled with shining white knight stories and expectation.[/QUOTE/]

Their history is littered with stupid moves!

Otis

Indeed. Not saying they won't do it, just saying it would be a stupid thing to do.

oucho

Knowing Newcastle, I wouldn't put it past them to keep Brolly Boy on until they go down.

That said, if a new manager came in and insisted they recall AA, I can't see the club hierarchy refusing!

Users who are viewing this thread