McKay confirms Donny deal (1 Viewer)

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Now why can't we get someone like him on board at the city to do that, cut price loans!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19...itterfeed_Football_twitter&utm_medium=twitter

Leading agent Willie McKay has confirmed that he now has exclusive control over all transfer deals at Doncaster Rovers.
McKay, one of the most outspoken and successful agents in European football, has been recruited by Rovers' major shareholders John Ryan and Dick Watson on a two-year deal.
He will now scour Europe, mainly using his contacts in France and Spain, to bring in players on loan deals, which will help cut the Championship club's wage bill.
As part of the deals, if the players on loan at the Keepmoat Stadium earn moves elsewhere, then they will also get a cut of the fee.
"These guys [Ryan and Watson] approached me. They have a wage bill of £8m a year and want it reduced to £4m," McKay revealed to the Daily Mail.
"My valuation of Donny was nothing. They have no fanbase and everyone in Doncaster supports Leeds, Sheffield United or Sheffield Wednesday, who can all get 30,000 in their stadiums. "

No fanbase

"My valuation of Donny was nothing. They have no fanbase and everyone in Doncaster supports Leeds, Sheffield United or Sheffield Wednesday, who can all get 30,000 in their stadiums.
"Donny have players on £7,000 a week and a core support of 10,000 people - nobody can sustain that.
"We are going to work with Lyon, Auxerre, Bordeaux, Saint-Etienne, Nice and Lorient by taking their unhappy players.
"In every squad there are two or three good players who aren't getting a game for whatever reason. We will take them to Doncaster, put them in the shop window and sell them on with sell-on fees."
McKay has wasted little time in bringing in the likes of Pascal Chimbonda, Herita Ilunga and Chris Kirkland, whilst deals for Fabien Robert, brother of former Newcastle winger Laurent, Saint-Etienne's Sylvain Monsoreau, Lamine Kone and Sebastian Dubarbier are also in the pipeline.
El Hadji Diouf is also considering a move, as is Real Madrid midfielder Mahamadou Diarra.
"Mahamadou Diarra has a CV with Monaco, Real Madrid and Lyon on it. I've told him if he comes to Doncaster he will be with us for six months before he's playing in the Premier League," McKay added.
"He was on €4.7m net at Real Madrid, but he'll be playing for £2,000 a week if he comes to us."
Veto

The only man who can say no to McKay at Rovers is new manager Dean Saunders, but the agent is confident that will not be an issue due to the calibre of players he has lined up.
"Dean has a right of veto, but is he seriously going to turn down Mahamadou Diarra, a guy who's got 150 games on his CV. for Lyon and 120 for Real Madrid?
"I'm doing this to prove it can be done and I've been honest enough to admit I'm only here for the money. I don't need the £100 and I probably won't even invoice for it."
The deal between Doncaster and McKay has also been rubber-stamped by the FA's financial regulation officer Andrew Penn.
McKay confirmed that Rovers would get a fee from any deal which saw a player seal a big-money move on the back of a loan spell at the Keepmoat Stadium - as could be the case with West Ham's Herita Ilunga.
"Take Herita Ilunga as an example. He's on £26,000 a week at West Ham, not getting a game and they can't get him a move," he continued.
"I called the joint-chairman David Sullivan and offered £1,000 a week to take Ilunga on loan. David laughed and said, "Make me a sensible offer", so I said, "OK, £500".
"Anyway, eventually we agree the deal on £2,000 a week and West Ham make up the rest of his wages. We take him at Doncaster, who are no threat to West Ham, and give him a shop window to perform by playing every week.
"If he plays well and I get him a move, say to Turkey for £5m, then I'll reach an agreement with David Sullivan about the fee West Ham will receive, plus my commission, less his full £26,000-a-week salary for the period he was at Doncaster."

BenInTurin

Facebook User
The deal between Doncaster and McKay has also been rubber-stamped by the FA's financial regulation officer.

The fa are happy with the agreement. At the end of the day, if they stay up and we get relegated because they were able to get loans in it will have shown that it worked.

les_miserables

It's an idea but I see complications, these vastly overpaid players, are they going to put their all in at say Millwall away on a cold frosty Wednesday night ? Just because someone is on £26k a week doesn't make him a better player than one on £2k.. Paying the likes of Heritia Ilunga £26000 a week demonstrates why West Ham United might fold if they fail to get promoted this season.

SkyBlueScottie

That attitude right there is whats wrong with fans, short term thinking has got us absolutely no where in the last few years... Sisu might have just stumbled on the right formula for the long term future of our club.

wingy

It's an idea but I see complications, these vastly overpaid players, are they going to put their all in at say Millwall away on a cold frosty Wednesday night ? Just because someone is on £26k a week doesn't make him a better player than one on £2k.. Paying the likes of Heritia Ilunga £26000 a week demonstrates why West Ham United might fold if they fail to get promoted this season.
they've obviously mortgaged 4years worth of parachute payments,massive gamble

Users who are viewing this thread