Mcindoe Scam (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

That's terrible isn't it and proof that no amount of money is enough for some people.

if something looks too good to be true it normally is too good to be true

SkyBlue_Bear83

Seems to epitomise everything that is wrong with football and what was wrong with our club at that time. Hopefully we will never see players like Mcindoe in a city shirt ever again.

J

Jack Griffin

McIndoe was born in the Sighthill district of Edinburgh and has spoken in the past about his tough upbringing and his battle to overcome drink and *gambling problems.

I think maybe he never got over his gambling problem.

Sorry to say this but the footballers who invested in McIndoe's scheme must be total planks!

The promise of a 20% return each month should have put people off! This is a sad tale of greed and one mans addiction to gambling.

Forget a place on the board this could be the next box office smash.

rupert_bear

Interesting, I remember the Ponzi scheme being used on a much smaller scale in a number of Coventry car factories in the 80s. Basically sell brand new cars for a little less than half price cash to one or two at each factory, they run around boasting how good it is and they unintentionally become the salesmen, the crook gets up front payments and disappears. I think the crook concerned scammed over £2million, got a years prison but no money handed back, back in the early 80's 2mill for a year in nick I would say was a nice little earner

mrtrench

Re the question 'will he do time?' Did he do anything wrong? It's only a scam if he hides what he is doing. Did he 'promise' 20% return or did he suggest this could happen?

Looks to me like he managed to convince some idiots to give him money to gamble with.

James Smith

Years ago I was phoned by someone telling me that I had won the Spanish Lottery - El Gordo. I said I never entered lottery and they said a friend did it as a gift. All I had to do was send £100 to cover the foreign currency transaction. Yeah right, of course I'll send you the money.

Few weeks later went to an exhibition at Earl's Court and saw someone selling mobile phone radiation absorbers, for about £9.99. These were about 1cm square and you stuck them on the phone to protect yourself from the harmful effects, looked like they cost well under 50p to make. The stand looked very busy whilst we were there as people were panicked about frying their brains. Sadly they were very unlikely to work as that radiation is what allows the phone to make and receive calls. Overheard them say they'd sold close to 1,000 which isn't too bad for a days work.

skybluesam66

not sure if it is the same thing, but i remember Benno advertising in the matchday programme, offering massive returns on investments
Maybe Mcindoe got him onside, or it may have been something totally different
I remember it used to be in every week back in the champrionship era = and I used to think then that something was very odd, as the returns mentioned were never going to happen

Hobo

Re the question 'will he do time?' Did he do anything wrong? It's only a scam if he hides what he is doing. Did he 'promise' 20% return or did he suggest this could happen?

Looks to me like he managed to convince some idiots to give him money to gamble with.

Surely he was just shepherding their money.

duffer

download1.jpg

Bertola

not sure if it is the same thing, but i remember Benno advertising in the matchday programme, offering massive returns on investments
Maybe Mcindoe got him onside, or it may have been something totally different
I remember it used to be in every week back in the champrionship era = and I used to think then that something was very odd, as the returns mentioned were never going to happen

Sounds like the Wasps Retail Bonds

Hobo

It is not so much the investments didn't come off but the fact he was living a high life off them. Pure greed.

Users who are viewing this thread