Mcindoe again (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

A source claimed footballers at Mr McIndoe’s former club Coventry City invested £1.3 million.
article-2090053-11665C76000005DC-142_468x247.jpg
Last week's report by the Mail on Sunday

It is alleged one Coventry player invested £750,000 and his family are making vigorous efforts to get the cash returned[The player’s agent said he was looking into the matterA Coventry City spokesman said: ‘We will be talking to the players’ representatives.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...apsed-scheme-linked-player.html#ixzz1kBomh6MW

PhilWasn'tBabb

So which City player had £750,000 to "invest" ... McSheffrey perhaps, it might explain his improvement in form, or is that bit harsh... or perhaps Eastwood, again it might be the reason he's trying to get fit to get a new contract next season ..

PhilWasn'tBabb

You've got to love that article, they have all but said he is running a Ponzi scheme but follow it with "There is no suggestion of wrongdoing by Mr McIndoe." :claping hands:

skyblue_rich

It would be Doyle since his family is one of the richest in Ireland. He is the only other person with that sort of money. Plus it says his family is looking into ways into getting money back.

Marty

Very thick people with alot of money, just be thankful nobody in the "real world" was dragged into this scheme.

torchomatic

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I'll repeat what I was told last week. A current squad member was told by McIndoe last season that if he gave him 20k, he would double it and return it to him as 40k the next week, and true to his word, he did. That said, sounds like this may have been a bit of a trust-gaining exercise, a bit like drug dealers who "make the first one free"! The player didn't follow it up, as the more he learnt about McIndoe, the more he found him to be "a proper dodgy geezer" (that one is a word-for-word quote!).

As I've said a few times, McIndoe is seriously minted...far more than he should be for the career he's had. Sounds like we are starting to find out how!

ajsccfc

Yeah, the article says he's got a near £3m flat in Belgravia and owns several companies. One thing we know is that it can't be from goal bonuses.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah, the article says he's got a near £3m flat in Belgravia and owns several companies. One thing we know is that it can't be from goal bonuses.

I was told a private jet, too! If he was still about he coulda given Tango a lift home :p

ajsccfc

Blimey. Of all the people I can see with a private jet, average journeyman wingers are right down the list.

WillieStanley

I remember reading on the Brissel City forum's when he joined us how much of a flashy fella he was and, due to his laziness, how much it wound them up. Wolves fans have no decent words to say about him either!!

Users who are viewing this thread