McGoldrick unwanted and out of contract in July (1 Viewer)

DC67

Would he come back if/when we have new owners? Would we take him back?
He is definitely a Div1 player and not a championship player.

DC67

Apparently not. Ipswich have made it clear he will not be joining in the summer and Davis at Forest said he won't be returning! What a waste of a decent striker.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mcgoldrick is signing permanently for Ipswich

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22027609

pswich striker David McGoldrick will play the last game of his loan spell on Saturday, but will return permanently in June if the club avoid relegation. Town could only sign the 25-year-old for 93 days as he had already been on a long-term loan to Coventry this season.
"We could've waited until February to try and loan him but he might have gone elsewhere," Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy told BBC Radio Suffolk.
"Now we've agreed to sign him when his Nottingham Forest contract expires."
McGoldrick scored 18 goals in 25 games while on loan at Coventry in League One earlier this season and since joining the Tractor Boys has netted four times in 12 league appearances.
He scored twice in a 3-0 defeat of Leeds United last Saturday, but this weekend's game against Derby will be the final match of his loan spell.
Meanwhile, Jay Tabb has extended his loan deal from Reading until the end of the season, although the Royals have maintained a 24-hour recall clause.
The midfielder, 28, has started three times and made one substitute appearance since joining the club on loan last month.
Ipswich have also announced that five youngsters will not be offered new contracts for next season.
Ronan Murray, Cormac Burke, Joe Whight, Jack Ainsley and Gunnar Thorsteinsson will all be released when their deals at Portman Road expire in the summer.

ajsccfc

I think his loan spell has ended with Ipswich but he's hanging round rather than returning to Forest, and will sign permanently provided they stay up. Based on that alone, he's got his sights on playing in the Championship next season.

Davs

What is a real shame is that not only has leaving us screwed him up, bt I am convinced it cost us the JPT as well.

covboy1987

When was that?

On loan from forest till end of season 4 goals in approx 16 games, option for Ipswich to buy but Ipswich are looking elsewhere
fans like him but not answer to there goal problems. Favorites to sign him guess who 'Huddersfield Town'

RoboCCFC90

I thought he had signed a 2 year contract at Ipswich?

It's only a Gentleman's Agreement currently but it's also dependant on if Ipswich survive in the Championship. McGoldrick to join us - Watch this space!

dongonzalos

Apparently not. Ipswich have made it clear he will not be joining in the summer and Davis at Forest said he won't be returning! What a waste of a decent striker.

Counting my chickens before they hatch

New Owner ( who talks to us) (owns half ACL/Ricoh)

Chairman who is a Cov Fan and Talks to us

................ Murphy..............

Christie...Willis...Wood (L1 wage) Adams

Baker.....Bailey...Fleck.....Moussa

............Clarke....DMC.......

Dunn
Edge
Clarke
Wilson
Barton
Jennings

Kids

Everyone else paid off realised for FFP

Come on Administrator take off your SISU cap give us some feedback

Grendel

Dunn
Edge
Clarke
Wilson
Barton
Jennings

Kids

Zero chance. Admin will last at least 6 months. Very very few clubs who change owners exit any quicker.

stupot07

Dunn
Edge
Clarke
Wilson
Barton
Jennings

Kids

Bailey and fleck in cm the oppositions wet dream...

Last edited:

sylus

i think he would rather play for nuneaton town,than play for a pathetic excuse of a football club like ours.been there,done that.

skybluesam66

I know for a fact that if the takeover was to come off, and Joe was made chairman - that he would drive DMc back to coventry

Nonleagueherewecome

Dunn
Edge
Clarke
Wilson
Barton
Jennings

Kids

In any situation, whether it be adminsistation and ongoing embargo, or takeover, there is no chance whatsover of that! If we are able to recruit, i guarantee you at least 4 new names in the squad. No side ever goes into a season with that much continuity-and why would we want to, as a group these players have failed us?

Pressley spoke last night about needing to "freshen up the group" as well as wanting to work with a core first team squad of 24 players at the most rather than the present "bloated" 34. He said in response to a question about our inability to hold onto leads that he needed to add more steel to the side. That isn't going to come from the youth team.

As for McGoldrick-the above link clearly states that he has agreed to join Ipswich as the end of the season. Time to let it go, he's too good for League 1!

It's only a Gentleman's Agreement currently but it's also dependant on if Ipswich survive in the Championship. McGoldrick to join us - Watch this space!

A Gentlemens agreement eh? Remember the one we had with King! Perhaps an agreement like this has more weight at other clubs.

RoboCCFC90

A Gentlemens agreement eh? Remember the one we had with King! Perhaps an agreement like this has more weight at other clubs.

Yeah I remember that agreement.. I don't think it does I am sure David McGoldrick has got his preferences and he won't be short of options of clubs wanting to snap him up, if he does join Ipswich than fair play, if not and he joins us here at City then we welcome him back ;)

ccfctommy

We will have zero chance of signing McGoldrick. He is 10k a week wages at Forest.

We meanwhile are releasing both Wood and McSheffrey this year because they are the highest earners.

Mucca Mad Boys

We will have zero chance of signing McGoldrick. He is 10k a week wages at Forest.

We meanwhile are releasing both Wood and McSheffrey this year because they are the highest earners.

He's out of contract in the summer and if he couldn't cut it at Ipswich after being in form for us, it'll put off people wanting to offer him anywhere near 10k, he's proving the doubters who said he couldn't cut it on the Championship right. I think he'll end up relegation champ team/L1.

Besides, I haven't seen anything saying he's not wanted so I'm assuming he'll go still go to ITFC until I see otherwise.

wingy

From what I see SBT he's achieved a 1 in 3 ratio in the championship,that ai'nt too shabby.:thinking about:

wingy

He's an interesting enigma . While he's no Grant Holt or Ricky Lambert due to physique I see him in the Robbie Keane mould,though obviously not at his level,more style.

Users who are viewing this thread