Mcgoldrick there's no going back (1 Viewer)

jon92

Striker rules out forest return

David mcgoldrick is convinced that he has played his last game for forest and he admits that the feel good factor is drawing him to a long term future at coventry.

Read more back of telegraph

smileycov

Facebook User
It is not a question of whether or not he is enjoying it and wanting to stay (i know for a fact that he does want to stay!) Offers will come in from championship clubs also i am sure, but the fact is we can not i do not think, afford a fee to match Forest valuation so we have no choice. The only saving grace will be if we can secure him season long with view to a perm deal and he doesnt fancy the club coming in. Especially if we are sitting pretty in the league.

Ccfc1979

It is not a question of whether or not he is enjoying it and wanting to stay (i know for a fact that he does want to stay!) Offers will come in from championship clubs also i am sure, but the fact is we can not i do not think, afford a fee to match Forest valuation so we have no choice. The only saving grace will be if we can secure him season long with view to a perm deal and he doesnt fancy the club coming in. Especially if we are sitting pretty in the league.
This is the key, and he says it in the Telegraph interview. If we have pushed right up the table by New Year that is the thing that might make him stay. He does mention his
Agent is talking to both Forest and us. Seems there is a glimmer and it's not a no go.

Otis

Yep. Nowt to get excited about unfortunately.

Forest don't want him anyway. Just now a case of who else comes in for him in Jan.

CovisGod

As much as you all say its "nowt to get excited about"

It's still nice to know he's on the same page as us, he's happy playing for Cov and were happy to have him here so atleast when the inevitable happens and the club fucks this up we know its solely there own fault.

Sky Blue Sheepy

It might not be breaking news that he'd like to stay but unlikely, but it's much nicer to hear that the striker is liking it here and, whatever Robins and co. are doing behind the scenes seems to be working.
You never know, could help influence other potential targets or loans

TheSnoz

It might help if there were a few more fans turning up. More gate receipts, more in the coffers to be able to meet his terms. I'm no lover of Sisu but the fans have to play their part.

aodea

If he wants to play for us it would be a huge boost. may have to go back to Forest and then come to us on a free in the summer but lets be honest if a championship club comes in and throws a nice wage at him does not matter how much he is enjoying things here.

smileycov

Facebook User
If he wants to play for us it would be a huge boost. may have to go back to Forest and then come to us on a free in the summer but lets be honest if a championship club comes in and throws a nice wage at him does not matter how much he is enjoying things here.
Not exactly, he is still being paid by forest, if he wants to stay they can not make him sign elesewhere. We may have to pay some towards a wage to extend the loan but still cheaper than buying him now. Time may assist us in regards getting more money if promotion or at least up there and bigger gates, so if we can get the loan extended it may happen for him.

Yorkshire SB

I honestly believe he wants to stay with us though, which has to count for something. In recent years some big clubs have been in this division, each one has had a 30 goal a season man who has since gone on to bigger and better things, McGoldrick will recognise that fact too. We represent an opportunity for him to get 30 goals in a season, and that will stay with him for the rest of his career, clubs will always look at him and refer back to this season, it makes him worth something!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Is he on Facebook or Twitter? Can someone send him a link to these pages just to strengthen the arguement as to how much the fans want him here? I know I would love to read these comments if it were about me as a player.

WestEndAgro

I honestly believe he wants to stay with us though, which has to count for something. In recent years some big clubs have been in this division, each one has had a 30 goal a season man who has since gone on to bigger and better things, McGoldrick will recognise that fact too. We represent an opportunity for him to get 30 goals in a season, and that will stay with him for the rest of his career, clubs will always look at him and refer back to this season, it makes him worth something!

Some goods points well made, unfortunately it will all come down to paying his wages and I don't think we can afford them ?

kg82

Is he on Facebook or Twitter? Can someone send him a link to these pages just to strengthen the arguement as to how much the fans want him here? I know I would love to read these comments if it were about me as a player.

I've looked for him on twitter before and there's no sign on there. Not sure about Facebook?

Yorkshire SB

Some goods points well made, unfortunately it will all come down to paying his wages and I don't think we can afford them ?

Yeah of course, but if we want to get back to the championship we need a player of this quality. I actually saw Tim Fisher on the train to the Swindon game and he implied McGoldrick's wages were the issue, however you never know if the situation has changed and whether the player himself would consider taking a short term pay cut to stay at the club.

stupot07

We should fear the worst and hope for the best. As well as wages a lot of it will depend on how badly he wants to play championship football for in all likelihood he won't be getting that from us next season.

covcity4life

he doesnt want to move far if at all...so london and up north teams could be out of the question

so its just midland teams perhaps...notts county,maybe derby? cant imagine many more with clout to buy him

if we are mid table and chance of playoffs by january i think hell lobby to stay with us

Covstu

like Freddy Eastwood?? :confused::(

Covstu

As much as you all say its "nowt to get excited about"

It's still nice to know he's on the same page as us, he's happy playing for Cov and were happy to have him here so atleast when the inevitable happens and the club fucks this up we know its solely there own fault.

King wasnt unhappy here but a bigger club come in and could offer a much better salary, the club cannot do anything about that without breaking the bank.

CovisGod

Totally different, King agreed terms with the club then had his head turned by money, Goldie has basically sent a come and get me plea to the club, if we don't offer him the terms he's worth who's fault is it ? The clubs.

CovisGod

Sorry on second read of your post I've realised I've not got your point, obviously if we offer Goldie a contract aswell as offers from Chanpionship clubs Goldie will have a choice to make and it will probably go down to money. However, Goldie has today said he's happy at the club and he wants to stay, so why don't the club do what we NEVER do and get this wrapped up before any other clubs have the chance to make an enquiry, get him signed before its too late. If we leave it and see how it goes then we lose out on him I solely blame the club. It's not like our board don't have a history of making ridiculous decisions when it comes to transfers and contracts, it was only last summer we offered a club £0 to take there best player off there hands !

Grendel

Sorry on second read of your post I've realised I've not got your point, obviously if we offer Goldie a contract aswell as offers from Chanpionship clubs Goldie will have a choice to make and it will probably go down to money. However, Goldie has today said he's happy at the club and he wants to stay, so why don't the club do what we NEVER do and get this wrapped up before any other clubs have the chance to make an enquiry, get him signed before its too late. If we leave it and see how it goes then we lose out on him I solely blame the club. It's not like our board don't have a history of making ridiculous decisions when it comes to transfers and contracts, it was only last summer we offered a club £0 to take there best player off there hands !

They cannot get this wrapped up as they have to agree a fee. Forest may say no as every goal scored is an increase in his fee.

Even if we got Forest to agree and offered a contract McGoldrick's agent would be ringing all the championship clubs who may be interested to tell them where the bidding starts,

ashbyjan

Actually Grend they could get it sorted - make McG an v good offer and he simply sits out his contract, as several have done to us. He can refuse to move to another club even if Forest agree a deal. We sign him for free, we give him a signing on fee and we have the player, he is playing where he claims he is happy and Forest get nothing. But this is Cov so nothing like that will happen. More likely we will claim we made him a good offer and he has agreed to join but at the last minute he will go elsewhere and we will sign Bob Nohope from some Blue Square Prem club claiming he was always MR's first choice.

CovisGod

They cannot get this wrapped up as they have to agree a fee. Forest may say no as every goal scored is an increase in his fee.

Even if we got Forest to agree and offered a contract McGoldrick's agent would be ringing all the championship clubs who may be interested to tell them where the bidding starts,

"Hello Mr Forest it's Mr PUSB here, we here you want to sell Goldie"

"Yep"

"How Much For ?"

"X Price"

"Okey Dokey, we'll speak to Goldie"

(A little while later)

"Goldie we've agreed a fee, here's a contract"

"Looks good to me, cheers"

Cov Sign Goldie

Seems straight forward enough to me ;)

Grendel

"Hello Mr Forest it's Mr PUSB here, we here you want to sell Goldie"

"Yep"

"How Much For ?"

"X Price"

"Okey Dokey, we'll speak to Goldie"

(A little while later)

"Goldie we've agreed a fee, here's a contract"

"Looks good to me, cheers"

Cov Sign Goldie

Seems straight forward enough to me ;)

In your simplistic world it may well be.

The more likely scenario is we offer a price then they sit on it until January 31st to see if they get other bidders.

Then there is McGoldricks agent. He will have his own agenda. Whatever we offer he will try and better by contacting other interested parties. He will possibly advise McGoldrick to sit out his contract at Forest and then become a Free Agent. A Championship club may decide to take him on loan in January. If he proves his worth at that level his wage potential (and agents commission) increases.

To think he will sign the first contract he is offered shows naive business knoweldge.

Do you live in Cornwall by any chance?

Grendel

CovisGod

I was obviously taking the piss matey, just pointing out that not every transfer is as difficult as all that, and as for my business knowledge you obviously know very little about me ;)

valiant15

Why are they bigger,cos there in a higher league? Are wigan or fulham bigger than leeds or derby then? I know we've only ever won the fa cup once,but theyve never even won that! Horrible club followed by 80s throwbacks lol.

stupot07

No not just because they are in a higher league, mainly because they have had more recent success than us, been in the top flight more recently than us, have won silverware more recently than us, have higher attendances than us, have a higher wage bill than us, and have better players than us.

We are not Leeds or derby, we haven't got numerous top league and cup and European honours we have 1 sole FA cup win in a sole cup final appearance.

Astute

I have said enough on the subject. I think he will stay. Money isn't everything. Happiness is.

Users who are viewing this thread