mcgoldrick and sisu (1 Viewer)

skybluemole

Was thinking on the way home from the match yesterday what a perfect opportunity it would be for sisu to show the fans that they really have the clubs interest at heart, by digging deep to offer mcgoldrick a good contract, and a good wage to keep him here and not make the same mistakes from the marlon king fiasco.Surely they must realise importance he is to get us back in the championship which IMO is still very much acheivable.

ccfcway

Kieran Westwood
Ben Turner
Gunnarson
Craine
Clingan
Marlon King

etc etc

They have had plenty of opportunities to show fans, it wont happen

skyblueman

Never mind showing the fans - Fisher & Waggot have to realise these chances don't come along too often and actually their futures will possibly be decided this season - ok they have a plan but the sign of good management is to adjust your plan based on significant factors that can have a major impact on the whole project - This player is an exception to the austerity plan they are working - we need him and it's not coming from anywhere else at the moment and doesn't look likely in the short term

So in the name of all that's good and holy - SIGN HIM - take a bloody chance on this ONE deal - you will be very glad you did and very very sad you didn't when it's all too late

Grendel

Kieran Westwood
Ben Turner
Gunnarson
Craine
Clingan
Marlon King

etc etc

Most of these players were offered deals - they rejected them. If we agree a fee I am confident we will offer a contract and I am equally confident his agent will say don't sign it.

valiant15

Piss poor ones probably. The only way goldie will stay is if sisu get him for virtually nothing and he excepts a large pay drop. They do not have the clubs best interests at heart,never have and never will. Why is it so hard for some of our fans to understand this?

urbanbushmonkey

Piss poor ones probably. The only way goldie will stay is if sisu get him for virtually nothing and he excepts a large pay drop. They do not have the clubs best interests at heart,never have and never will. Why is it so hard for some of our fans to understand this?

We could sign Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Aguero on £200,000 p/w contracts and city fans would then say "they're gonna run the club into the ground... why can't they be more prudent".

Some city fans will never be happy no matter what happens.

skybluejelly

it all depends on how much forest want ..and if sisu will take a gamble and risk a player rebelion.dont forget all the other players have had there contracts changed ..how would you feel if they signed someone on an enhanced contract..on the other hand sign in him for 500,000 3 years contract on 10,000 a week £1,500.000 = £2,000,000 but goldie keeps banging them,, in sisu sell after 1 year for £2,000,000 they have made an easy half million

covboy9

Goldie won't stay 100% this will be a springboard back to the championship to prove himself. Beware the great loan player when he gets a fat contract and rests on his laurels, goldie fits this category imo

stupot07

it all depends on how much forest want ..and if sisu will take a gamble and risk a player rebelion.dont forget all the other players have had there contracts changed ..how would you feel if they signed someone on an enhanced contract..on the other hand sign in him for 500,000 3 years contract on 10,000 a week £1,500.000 = £2,000,000 but goldie keeps banging them,, in sisu sell after 1 year for £2,000,000 they have made an easy half million

That fee and 1 years wages are 1/4 of our out entire player wage and transfer budget.

kg82

Love how people put 100% or fact! I'm going to go against the grain and say there's a 54.3% chance of him going back to forest... Approximately

ICHAN

I'm working with a forest fan at the moment, and he says they don't want him back, ok thats a fans opionion like ours is, but he seems quite happy not to have him playing for them.

ccfctommy

Well you can't spend money you don't have. Ill imagine we will make a bid at least. He won't cost too much as his contract is up in the summer.

ccfc92

I agree that if we did sign him, theres no guarantee he will play well on a full contract.

So..

We giving him the same wage as the current top earner, then a high goal bonus to go with it. That way, he is on an affordable wage for Covs finances, but has to work hard to get the top wage :D

Daz

Forest don't want him he has only proven himself at this level not championship level.
But I think he would be an asset for us as he is the only one who looks competent in front of goal:claping hands::claping hands:

Covstu

everyone has a price but i dont think we can match what mcgoldrick wants. sad but we cannot keep him so enjoy it while it lasts!

stupot07

Forest don't want him he has only proven himself at this level not championship level.
But I think he would be an asset for us as he is the only one who looks competent in front of goal:claping hands::claping hands:

Charlie Austin and Le Fondre had only proved themselves in league two - 1 is playing PL football and the other has scored 20 goals in 17 appearances already this season including 17 in 14 in the Championship.

theprince

Don't you all think the silence from Fisher and Waggott is deafening ? Not a peep from either almost since Robins joined. Couldn't keep them off the backpages or radio before that with their promises straight from the head honco Sepalla's mouth apparently with her new "hands on" policy. Soon Waggott will trot out his we will be trying to sign him bullshit. But just think back to the Marlon King debacle and then there was Jukiewicz, then Keogh, before them Ben Turner for that ridiculous low fee. In a way i'm glad really because McGoldrick has put those two shisters and SISU right on the backfoot and with a poultry 8000+ gate yesterday failing to try to sign McGoldrick will reduce that even lower.

kg82

Don't you all think the silence from Fisher and Waggott is deafening ? Not a peep from either almost since Robins joined. Couldn't keep them off the backpages or radio before that with their promises straight from the head honco Sepalla's mouth apparently with her new "hands on" policy. Soon Waggott will trot out his we will be trying to sign him bullshit. But just think back to the Marlon King debacle and then there was Jukiewicz, then Keogh, before them Ben Turner for that ridiculous low fee. In a way i'm glad really because McGoldrick has put those two shisters and SISU right on the backfoot and with a poultry 8000+ gate yesterday failing to try to sign McGoldrick will reduce that even lower.

The board in the spotlight more while we were managerless and letting the new man get on with the job now he's here?! My word, batten down the hatches, there's a storm brewin'

TheSnoz

Hey, an idea. How about a few more fans got off their sofas and supported the club and made the possibility of signing Goldie just that much more likely. 8,800 people turning up is not going to do it.

Grendel

Probably the most stupid post you have made on here. That actually is quite an achievement.

Grendel

Hey, an idea. How about a few more fans got off their sofas and supported the club and made the possibility of signing Goldie just that much more likely. 8,800 people turning up is not going to do it.

You are of course correct. However, it is easier for some to super-glue themselves to the armchair on a Saturday and complain the owners are not investing enough when they will not invest a single penny.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Exactly what I have been thinking. We have 6 home games left this year - is not all about sisu, fans need to show some commitment too.

Mucca Mad Boys

Kieran Westwood
Ben Turner
Gunnarson
Craine
Clingan
Marlon King

etc etc

Marlon King - more money, better team
Clingan - weren't that good for wage he was on
Gunnarson - too good for us, Cardiff way better
Westwood - would've took 20k (min!) to even consider us! Is on 30k p/w for Sunderland!
Cranie - didn't want to stay!

Ben Turner - sold ridiculously cheap IMO, HOWEVER, there was a risk he'd keep getting injured or could've came back and played shit so Cardiff weren't going to pay top £ and Turner may not have been ATs first choice.

Bar Ben Turner, I do not not blame SISU for the players' departures. But on Ben Turner, it was a risk for Cardiff imo.

Oh, we offered contracts to every player on that list! BarTurner, because he was under contract for a couple o years

Last edited:

Paxman II

The pure speculation on here is crazy. None of us know what is or isn't possible tbh. Second guessing is all we have at this stage.

It must be remembered though to follow up on a point made by someone here that SISU's best interest are served by acting in the best interest of the club. You can't simply say SISU don't give a monkey? (oh I might be reported to the racist police on that? ;))
The better the club do - and that's in SISU's immediate interest then the better for everyone.

They will make an offer and all attempts to sign him I'm sure but it's not just SISU's offer that wil be available to the player. If he keeps up his form he will have other suitors too. The question is have any of the others got enough money? I suggest probably only a couple in this league and the most likely other suitors are lower end championship clubs. Does he want to fight his battels down there or challenge with us? By January top 10 championship clubs will look to strengthen but it's more risk taking a player unwanted already at Forest who scores goals in league 1....remember the step up does not guaranee he will do the same.

Baginton

STOP DREAMING everyone, McGoldrick will be gone in January, how could we afford his weekly wage? even if we got him on a free signing, just value the time he is here and hope we are in a decent position when he departs.

Astute

STOP DREAMING everyone, McGoldrick will be gone in January, how could we afford his weekly wage? even if we got him on a free signing, just value the time he is here and hope we are in a decent position when he departs.

What wage is he on that we can't afford? What wage will he get next contract?

Clubs are tightening their belts. These new fair play rules are having an effect already. We have the best bet of signing him of any club in Div3. Forest don't want him back as he has already failed at Championship level. How many Championship clubs would pay for a player that has already failed at that level?

We have a player that is happy to be at our club. He is happy to be playing. He is happy to be scoring goals. He gets on well with the other players. Will he want to risk it all on another Forest move? A lot of players are not greedy. Their happiness comes first. Keogh didn't go to the club that offered him the most money.

I know it is a bit different to this, but I could quite easily get another job that pays 10 to 20k a year more. I am happy where I am though. I like my job. I enjoy going to work. Not happy with it when I am at work and can't get to games, but overall happy. So I move and get a 10k payrise. I would lose a few quid less than half of it. So it would be worth just over 5k. Worth just over £400 a month. Not really worth my happiness. How would Goldie look at it for himself?

What is there to say we are not in talks with Forest now? Would be a bit strange if we have not spoken to the player in any way. How much is Kilbane on? His cobtract will be up at the end of the season.

pipkin73

What wage is he on that we can't afford? What wage will he get next contract?

Clubs are tightening their belts. These new fair play rules are having an effect already.

What is there to say we are not in talks with Forest now? Would be a bit strange if we have not spoken to the player in any way. How much is Kilbane on? His cobtract will be up at the end of the season.

This is the main thing to bringing McG in. Due to FFP rules we will need to offload players first (as i ASSUME we are only paying a fraction if anything of his wages). We have one of the biggest budgets in league 1 but also one of the largest squads. Do we try and cut back the size of the squad to bring McG in (my option, but when injuries/suspensions kick in regret it) or go with a large squad and bank on volume paying off over a season as we have more players than other teams to cover these.

The ideal thing would be for Kilbane to dissapear but he won't go without a pay off, we need to sign McG in Jan or before so i can't see Kilbanes wages being freed up at the end of the season helping us. Maybe we can get him on a pre-contract agreement with clauses for both parties. If we go back to being crap he can go (i.e. in the pre-contract we must finnish top 10 or something like that and also if he stops scoring we get to walk away from the agreement (i know ideal world)). But he then knows he has a get out if he needs one and at the same time if he is on a Steve Livingstone run them we get a get out of jail free card also. Sorry for all you younger members but just google Steve Livingstone, he came through our youth team and scored 10 goals in 8 league cup appearances for us including 4 against Sunderland. I remember being at that game and thinking that this lad would make us a top team and be woth atleast 2 million if he kept scoring. Eventualy went to Blackburn for about 440,000 and never had a scoring run like it again.

wingy

If he made it plain to Forrest he would only come to us,and signed a pre-contract with us in Jan,obviously they could freeze him out ,but as he's languished there for a couple of seasons it really would suit neither party,but should we get him to sign that pre-contract and offer Forrest £150-200K. loan fee ,that would cover his wages and get us round the FFP.:confused:

valiant15

Skybluetaylor should change his name to sisu taylor,your continuous love in with these useless clowns is embarassing. They couldn't have ran the club any worse and clowns like you still stick up for them. Are you sure your a cov fan.

GaryPendrysEyes

I have no doubt McGoldrick will be off if he gets an offer from a championship team. He isnt going to advance his career through us any time soon -especially as Sisu screwed up what little investment pot we had this summer.
On Sisu I will judge them on their results on and off the pitch- so far theyve been utter shit, we've dropped a division, crowds at a 30 year low and we still have a shambolic and overpaid squad relative to where we are.

ricohman

Sorry but mc goldrick will not stay. Hes on 10 grand à week. He will get close to that when he moves to barnsley which is where he is currently heading

Mucca Mad Boys

Skybluetaylor should change his name to sisu taylor,your continuous love in with these useless clowns is embarassing. They couldn't have ran the club any worse and clowns like you still stick up for them. Are you sure your a cov fan.

I see you never replied to comment about comparing SISU to their predecessors. Selective memory or amnesia no?

I think they could've ran it worse, they could've brought a stadium we couldn't afford, selling a good sized stadium for ourselves, and sell the shares, leaving a mess to their successors, they could've liquidated us, or put us in admin, like we were close to pre-SISU. I am a true Cov fan, had a ST past 5 yrs (I'm 18) and didn't have anyone to go with until then (weren't allowed to go on my own obvious) oh and no one in my immediate family supports Cov so it's wonder why I do not glory support! So to question my loyalty to CCFC is a fecking travesty and plain insulting.

All you post is anti-SISU posts, nothing about the team, who's the real fan? Oh do you even have a ST or are you on the boycotting camp? Or the excuses one!?

You don't look at facts, SISU held off our demise for longer before we eventually got relegated... We were heading into Admin and god knows what before they came in, SISU's predecessors left a terrible legacy to our club, and yet YOU AND OTHERS ignore this and let them off the hook!? What a great fan...

Ignorance at it's highest!

I have no doubt McGoldrick will be off if he gets an offer from a championship team. He isnt going to advance his career through us any time soon -especially as Sisu screwed up what little investment pot we had this summer.
On Sisu I will judge them on their results on and off the pitch- so far theyve been utter shit, we've dropped a division, crowds at a 30 year low and we still have a shambolic and overpaid squad relative to where we are.

They never screwed it up, the manager chooses who he wants to sign! That's called backing the manager, besides, most of our signings have been decent and I believe Barton could be a good player for us IMO, he wasn't wanted for 5m in Jan 2012 for no reason!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread