McGOALdrick... (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Turned back into McGOALDROUGHT* today, shame he got took off after 65m, he isn't going to score many if the trend continues.

Ipswich had 3 strikers in the bench today, and all 3 are good!

*not literally, I was poking fun that he hasn't scored in 2, as, for us, that was a goal drought.

Yorkshire SB

Turned back into McGOALDROUGHT* today, shame he got took off after 65m, he isn't going to score many if the trend continues.

Ipswich had 3 strikers in the bench today, and all 3 are good!

*not literally, I was poking fun that he hasn't scored in 2, as, for us, that was a goal drought.

Ahhh, very good! Keep it coming Taylor!

Snozz_is_god

Bit early to judge after all they were playing the top team, I bet Ben Turner had him in his pocket.

Anyway he's not our player anymore, so I hope he's not a success and ends up regretting leaving the mighty Sky Blues.....or is that a bit petty?

dongonzalos

He is a top league one striker and an ok to average championship striker.
If he was top draw in the championship. Forest would have held into him

Mucca Mad Boys

Bit early to judge after all they were playing the top team, I bet Ben Turner had him in his pocket.

Anyway he's not our player anymore, so I hope he's not a success and ends up regretting leaving the mighty Sky Blues.....or is that a bit petty?

I don't think it's petty, remember, he's only on loan with a view to a permanent (so he's basically signed), but if he does shit, there's a very slim chance he could come back. That's if we'd want him...

I don't think he'll score many in a 4-4-2, not the centre of attention there anyway. Wrong move (potentially) McG.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Clarke looks the business. I liked Goldy but do we really need him now? All the best to him, and hope he enjoys his future.

torchomatic

Agree. Both would have been nice though.

Clarke looks the business. I liked Goldy but do we really need him now? All the best to him, and hope he enjoys his future.

covboy9

why go to ipswich, i can't think of any strikers that have enhanced their reputations there in recent years

Paxman II

For me it was always a wrong decision for him but there were many factors that we will never know about that made it so.

CJparker

McG's spell at CCFC may stand us in good stead - as another poster noted, if he struggles at Ipswich he may become available again. Hhe enjoyed his time here by all accounts, and CCFC could be a good option for him, especially if we get to the Championship

Mucca Mad Boys

King
Jutkiewicz
McGoldrick
There's 3 that have enhanced their reputation here.

King, not really, proved he could still score, but didn't enhance his rep as such.
McG, my post was related to before he came.
Juke, I'll give you that one.

Astute

Clarke will do much better for us than McG will do for Ipswich. He will be up against a much better class of defenders.

From what I have seen with Clarke whilst with Scunny and with us so far he will scare defenders in this division. He is big, strong and also skillful.

If we get promoted I wouldn't be desperate for McG to come back. If we failed to go up this season I would love him to come back. He is too good for this division, but maybe only average for the Championship.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As McGoldrick said when he left us, "Ipswich are a massive club!" :whistle:

skybluesteve76

He found his level with us, no doubt about it.
He was crap in his last couple if games for us ( apart from the last minute at Stevenage)

Johnnythespider

some folk are starting to sound like JILTED JOHN, get over it, he's a slaaaaaag !!!

League 1 and the Championship are 2 completley differant levels. He's a greta League 1 player, but theres still doubt over his Championship quality. Personally i think he can do it. He's got the form, confidence and he's defo improved this season. I hope he can make it in the next level

Mr T - Sukka!

why go to ipswich, i can't think of any strikers that have enhanced their reputations there in recent years

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££:D

SBT

McGoldrick had the run of his life with us, but his track record before then suggests he was never going to sustain it with Ipswich, us, or anyone else. But we all enjoyed it while it lasted.

Astute

Would we want him still though if we get promoted and Clarke scores for us like he did for Scunny.....and even more as he scored there with a club at the bottom of the table?

If he fails at Ipswich that will be another club he has failed at in the Championship. Would welcome him back if we were still in this division though.

woody11462

If he does shit for Ipswich surely he'll join us again at the end of the season

I'm thinking its possible too but Ipswich must have laid some decent money out to loan him for the season so on that basis they might sign him knowing there is sell on value.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm thinking its possible too but Ipswich must have laid some decent money out to loan him for the season so on that basis they might sign him knowing there is sell on value.

If he does shit for Ipswich, what Championship team will want him? Also, would McG/Ipswich want to sign if he fails? No, he'd probably let his contract run down.

Ashdown1

I think the move to Ipswich is a mistake, however I don't blame the player at all. The move will have been made because A, His agent will pick up a cut from the transaction or his increased salary B, Forest were no doubt paying his wages whilst at Cov and C, The great SISU probably offered a bag of crisps and a bottle of pop to keep him.

Users who are viewing this thread