Mceveleys Tackle (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

As the Game was on TV i Think the FA will be looking at the Mceverley Tackle:p

georgehudson

it would be a pathetic get out by the FA if they do nothing,
& that thing Williamson should be brought to book, smiling at Sheff U players & scowling @ CCFC players throughout, plus continued wrong decisions,
further, that lino should be removed from the FA listings

Captain Dart

It was so blatant & the ref so lenient that it would be tantamount to accepting a miscarriage of justice not to review the incident.

SkyBlueScottie

It was an awful tackle, as was the one on JOB. The ref and linesman were very poor yesterday. Its the inconsistency which annoys me, Turner booked for pulling a player back ( player ran across tried to catch Turners legs and then kicked out at another of our players), they had multiple instances of shirt pulling and the ref didnt do anything.

The other player who was booked after challenging Lamieras should have also seen red, especially considering Ricketts was sent off and for 2 normal ( ok the 2nd was high) tackles.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The worst decision in terms of no excuse to have not got it right was the 'foul' by Vincelot on their bloke at that corner!!?? RV arms were out In front the whole way though the incident WHERE/HOW did the ref see a foul by RV?

CJ_covblaze

it would be a pathetic get out by the FA if they do nothing,
& that thing Williamson should be brought to book, smiling at Sheff U players & scowling @ CCFC players throughout, plus continued wrong decisions,
further, that lino should be removed from the FA listings

It would be against the (stupid) rules. Nothing they can do. He was dreadful but I agree the lino was equally incompetent. The ball over the line call was down to him.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Only thing that would happen if they were to review the challenge again (and they've got to; surely?) is the ref will get a slap on the wrist. As he booked the player, either he or his assistant seen it and deemed it to be a yellow card offence. Only way it would be reviewed with a potential red card decision was if it was missed by everyone and went unnoticed. Wrong, but that's the way it is.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I offer an apology to Dermot Gallagher (not that he'll see it :D) as this talking point was one of the ones included in his sky interview it seems. And he agrees without doubt it was a red card.

Unable to copy and paste the text on my phone but that's essentially what he says :D

robbiethemole

maybe the good thing to come from it is other refs will see it and might be more lenient to us in future (or not)

on the disallowed goal, I can understand the linesman not being able to see if it was in or not...................but there's no fucking way he should have missed the handball leading to it.

at least Mowbray can buid them up again by knowing no other side in the league will be half as dirty as these feckers, I thought Ruben was great, just getting up and carrying on with it, brilliant temperament.

MalcSB

Strangely, the tackle which was one of the two major talking points of the game, isn't shown on Sky Blue Player Highlights. I am beginning to wonder if they are prohibited from showing controversial incidents. But then again, our "goal" and/or un- spotted handball are shown

no_loyalty

The FA won't do fuck all, they leave it to the referee's discretion, they only get involved when the officials have missed an incident

no_loyalty

Silly really, you should be able to appeal anything that causes a suspension.

Yes agree with you Nick, I guess the reason it isn't is because the F.A would receive too many appeals?

Steve.B50

What pissed me off was there fans booing every time he touched the ball after that idiot could have ended his season.

cloughie

This inept referring performance should surely result in these 'officials' moving on wards and downwards to non league.

That may take the smile off the referees face that he enjoyed all game

st john

Last edited:

st john

I don't think it was intended to injure but its clear there tactic was to rough us up and go in hard on the tackle.

I respect your opinion but I can't believe that a professional footballer goes into a tackle at that speed with both sets of studs showing without knowing that a possible outcome could be serious injury to the palyer

D

Deleted member 2477

He made no attempt to even go over to lamearis and see how he was or apologise. It was clearly intentional by the speed and way he went in with no effort to play the ball. In my opinion having been there utd clearly went out to intimidate and foul us to stop us playing our passing game. You could see the panich when we did run at them and the only way they could stop us was to foul us which the excuse for a ref allowed them to do without punishing them. Does make you wonder given his previous history if he earnt a few extra quid after the game

Grendel

I respect your opinion but I can't believe that a professional footballer goes into a tackle at that speed with both sets of studs showing without knowing that a possible outcome could be serious injury to the palyer

The tackle by Shmerkle (can't be bothered to spell correctly) against WBA was far worse.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I just think with the adrenaline and emotions of a football match that players don't always think clearly and don't consider the consequences, lots of players decisions in football are split second and so aren't properly thought through. Very rarely does a player make premeditated decision to try and injure a player imo, he probably just thought go in hard and was reckless and out of control with it.

SkyBlueSid

I offer an apology to Dermot Gallagher (not that he'll see it :D) as this talking point was one of the ones included in his sky interview it seems. And he agrees without doubt it was a red card.

Unable to copy and paste the text on my phone but that's essentially what he says :D
Here is the exact text of what Gallagher said on SSN this morning:

"This is one I can't defend. It's a red card for a few reasons. Intensity, speed he's come at the player, his foot's high and he's scissor tackled him. When you watch that it's hard to defend anything other than a red card."

He also said the handball was a "definite penalty" but said he could not say for definite that what followed was a goal as without goal line technology there was no absolutely conclusive picture.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The tackle by Shmerkle (can't be bothered to spell correctly) against WBA was far worse.

I know you can't be bothered but thats still an awful attempt at spelling it (assuming I am right in who you are referring to), you may as well have just typed gtktgfb

Grendel

I know you can't be bothered but thats still an awful attempt at spelling it (assuming I am right in who you are referring to), you may as well have just typed gtktgfb

It's the bald bloke with lots of tattoos and of he'd made contact he'd have took the guys leg off.

Users who are viewing this thread