McDonald (1 Viewer)

HennerfordSkyBlue

I don't know if it's been said already but I thought Cody was our best player by a mile yesterday (bar Barton). Yes he may've missed a couple of 'easy' chances but both of them were created by himself chasing lost causes.

McDonald will easily score 20+ this season IF he gets the service and remains injury free.

PUSB.

I agree McDonald showed what he can offer for us this season I reckon he will be our top scorer easily.

Lord_Nampil

He pulled up right at the end, i think he could be out for Tuesday which is a worry as he looks like a goal machine....

CovLis86

He had a solid game. Kept battling away onto long hopeless balls and actually made something out of nothing. If it wasn't for him battling, he wouldn't have had the easy chances to miss. Well taken goal as well. Looked to me like a knock on the ankle at end, so hopefully he will pull through.

skybluedaze

He had a solid game. Kept battling away onto long hopeless balls and actually made something out of nothing. If it wasn't for him battling, he wouldn't have had the easy chances to miss. Well taken goal as well. Looked to me like a knock on the ankle at end, so hopefully he will pull through.

Worrying about his injury. The way he took his goal he's destined to get 20 plus goals this season. He's always had the potential but now it's time for him to fulfil it. No better opportunity for him than in league 1.

jabharty

I think that, with some support, he could be the top scorer this season. Ideally, Fleck would be the support. Fleck seems to be capable of threading the odd through ball into the strikers, so I just hope that he is not out for too long.

kg82

Nah, don't worry about his injury, the big oaf defender trod on his heel! He'll be fine. I agree, McDonald was good yesterday, really pleased how he made all those chances for himself - just wish he could've buried them! BUT, and this may be controversial (I don't know!), I actually think our best player was Barton yesterday. I also think we'll miss Fleck when he's not in the team. He just seemed to have that presence. So, let him fully recover from his injury, don't rush him back, we definitely need him fully fit.

kg82

Ahh he's quite a good player, if we get him we have a good chance.

I agree. I've got to say I don't think Ball looked bad yesterday, just didn't have the service and Elliot looked alright when he came on too. I'm pretty sure it was Ball who had the chance in the first half where he headed it on, realised no one was chasing it so chased it himself and out-muscled the defender (where Fleck had the rebound cleared off the line)? If our strikers can bully CB's this season I think it's positive.

PVA

Just seen the highlights from yesterday on iPlayer... Cody's miss in injury time was a lot worse than I thought :(

Really should have scored that. I'll put it down to rustiness though, he'll be good for 20 goals this season and he has 1 in 1 so good start!

Diehard Si

I think that, with some support, he could be the top scorer this season. Ideally, Fleck would be the support. Fleck seems to be capable of threading the odd through ball into the strikers, so I just hope that he is not out for too long.
yeah agree completely

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He was our best player by far. His best game in a City shirt I think! Chased everything, even the hopeless long 'hoofs' someone has already mentioned. Makes a lot for himself and also nearly gave Elliott an opportunity as soon as he came on after his persistence and chasing down paid off.

After his injury time miss i did shout 'keep going Cody, your the only one who has tried today' (or something along those lines) which got a few nods of agreement from fans around me :) hopefully he heard me (as we were pretty damn close to the pitch) and it will help his confidence.

I also agree that If he gets injured, we're fecked when it comes to goals. Unless we start playing football that is. I'm sure if we can string passes together out midfielders are capable of getting goals.

I wish we'd stop using the above mentioned 'hoof' balls though just because Ball has a bit of height

Nonleagueherewecome

AFCCOVENTRY

Always said he will score plenty in this league. He is off the mark in his first league game. Long may it continue.

Mucca Mad Boys

Always said he will score plenty in this league. He is off the mark in his first league game. Long may it continue.

Tbh, I think he could potentially hit 15 in the championship given the service, always looked a threat last year but had feck all service

ccfc_Tom

Agreed cody played well. i thought barton was equally as good just looked a bit weak. Murphy had a good game too i thought made some big saves.

ccfc92

Agreed cody played well. i thought barton was equally as good just looked a bit weak. Murphy had a good game too i thought made some big saves.

Agreed, apart from Murphy not coming out for the cross that Yeovil scored from. Cody had a good game, and to score in the 1st game is promising. I just thought that would give him confidence to put away his other chances, but roll on Tuesday :D

kg82

Agreed, apart from Murphy not coming out for the cross that Yeovil scored from. Cody had a good game, and to score in the 1st game is promising. I just thought that would give him confidence to put away his other chances, but roll on Tuesday :D

I'm still trying to get over how it wasn't a penalty! Would love to see a replay of it just to confirm how wrong the decision was.

ccfc92

I'm still trying to get over how it wasn't a penalty! Would love to see a replay of it just to confirm how wrong the decision was.

Tbh, beer has clouded most of the match from my memory :facepalm:

But of course, it defo should have been a penalty haha :D

kg82

Lucky you got to have beer! Due to the horrendous journey, we arrived in the ground 30 seconds before kick off!!

I'd actually like to mention Jordan Clarke too. Thought he was excellent yesterday. A couple of times he got Brown out of a sticky situation, put some great tackles in an got forward when he needed too.

Sky_Blue_Ste

We're lucky still to have Clarke, as he's too good to play in this league in my humble opinion & if we still have him post Jan then I'll be amazed!

If he'd played all last season then he'd have followed Keogh me thinks - cracking player

Users who are viewing this thread