McDonald to be sold ? (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

I thought we’d let him go cheap so surprised we’ve rejected bids.
We don't know what the bids are though, if we can recoup his wages so far and make a little bit as well it aint bad business that is if we manage to top our 'undisclosed' fee as well

Grendel

so what your saying is he was quality for MORE than half a season.
Didn’t his wife have a baby around Feb time, Maybe the sleepless nights got to him.

His career has distinctly average at L2 level written all over it. You can see why Northampton binned him off

JulianDarbyFTW

Where had this story come from? Not doubting it, but if someone has inside knowledge can they spill the beans about incomings too?!?

Marty

so what your saying is he was quality for MORE than half a season.
Didn’t his wife have a baby around Feb time, Maybe the sleepless nights got to him.

No, I'm saying he was solid for the first 10-15 games, then bang average, then fucking woeful. Over the whole season, I'd rate him as below average. The other 3 CB's all stepped up when required, when he crumbled under the pressure. If we want to progress up the leagues we need to be ruthless, but that's just my opinion.

stevefloyd

True, perhaps a carpet beater then.
Now where have I heard that before
giphy.gif

bawtryneal

Rod is to erratic for me

One good game, one average and two below par games.

A liability if we are going for promotion.

Back to Northampton, maybe.

vow

I hear that Rod wants to go anyway so in those circumstances...............
He really looked distracted/un-focused/not confident 2nd half of season, so clearly something ain't right either mentally or behind the scenes.
Hope he gets himself sorted either way, with us or away.

larry_david

I'd loan out thompson for the season just like maycock. Will learn more playing a season of league 2 than a season of sitting on our bench

no_loyalty

Send him to Rodney parade, he can stop off at McDonald's on the way

chiefdave

Be very tempted to sell if clubs are offering money for him. Especially if we can get a bit of a bidding war going and inflate the fee.

At this stage though we have to make sure we have someone to come in so we've got depth in the squad.

SkyBlueScottie

Was excellent in the beginning, his performances then dropped off sharply. Was terrible when called upon at the end of the season. Would have happily taken Cargill as before his injury was looking the better player out of him and Stephens. Sadly he had signed for MK Dons.

Users who are viewing this thread