Mc G on the forest forum (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair that picture of him when he signed was one of the most miserable things I've ever seen.

Covstu

He is playing with confidence which is key to any striker, the lad has a lot more to offer still but they have better options to forest so they need to sell him in January. We really need hm but isn't gonna happen sadly.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mcgoldrick > God

I see a few of there fans would take him back now, do you think Goldie would want to go back? I really hope we get him, would be the most important transfer for the club since we have been relegated

Cooksta94

I suppose it depends though. He could want to stay and flourish with us or try and accomplish himself at a higher level of football? Don't know though... I'd stick with CCFC, obviously.

Covstu

I remember when we signed Cedric Roussel permanently after his fantastic form in his trial, then he turned out to be average afterwards! I am not saying we don't sign him as I think we should be a lot of players play out of their skin to get into the shop window then the foot comes off the gas afterwards!! (or is that just city?)

Evans020

I personally think he's better than what Forrest already have..just didn't want to be at Forrest and was treated poorly.he is a top top striker and easily good enough for a championship outfit

SkyBlue_Bear83

I personally think he's better than what Forrest already have..just didn't want to be at Forrest and was treated poorly.he is a top top striker and easily good enough for a championship outfit
When you watch him play here, it is hard to believe he couldn't get into the Forest squad

@richh87

He's certainly good enough to play in the Championship. Forest will want money for him; money which we don't have. I see him signing for a lower half Championship team - someone like Barnsley.

Gaz

DMG holds all the cards, He knows he will get offers in Jan and in the summer too.If he wants to play in the championship he could stay on loan with us till the end of the season and see if we have gone back up or not, rather than sign for a lower championship team and risk another Forrest blot in his career.I know money talks, but I really think we shouldn't underestimate the fact that he is playing some of his best football with us and is obviously enjoying his time here under Robins.

@richh87

I really think we shouldn't underestimate the fact that he is playing some of his best football with us and is obviously enjoying his time here under Robins.

That's the only thing I'm consoling myself with. Forest appeared to have shattered his confidence and City have made him feel wanted. If he goes to another club it could all go tits up again.

Covstu

Forrest are not exactly great..he was treated like dirt by fans and management

yes we have treated some of our strikers like royalty too when they haven't been playing well haven't we?? Best and Bothroyd jump to mind... :thinking about::thinking about:

Grendel

The only thing is if Forrest want to keep him he will stay, after all I think he is a Forrest fan.

He is a County fan. He has stated he won't be going back and their manager when asked about his goals has effectively said he has found his level and the championship is too big a step.

Tonylinc

Call me stupid BUT I think that there is a good chance that he will stay. He is 27 and in the best form of his career. He knows that he is wanted by fans and players alike and with him there is a very good chance of us making the play-offs at least. He will want to be part of that.

Grendel

Call me stupid BUT I think that there is a good chance that he will stay. He is 27 and in the best form of his career. He knows that he is wanted by fans and players alike and with him there is a very good chance of us making the play-offs at least. He will want to be part of that.

He has just turned 25

hamil99

Facebook User
The only thing is if Forrest want to keep him he will stay, after all I think he is a Forrest fan.

To be honest I'm sure I read somewhere he's a forest fan. I seem to remember reading an article saying how he was really gutted it didn't wrk for him at forest as it was his club.

BurbageSkyBlues

This comment is interesting . Not saying it is true, with DMG, but made me think of similar situations for one or two of our players , over the years.

"The right team thing is spot on. We've seen so many successful strikers at this club that for some reason or another it just hasn't worked. McGoldrick had a decent record before coming here and has a good record since going elsewhere.

Same applies to Marlon King, Grant Holt and if Boro carry on the way they are Miller is going to finish this season having played a part in a big promotion campaign.. if they go up he is going to have played a part in a championship promotion.

For me personally, where McGoldrick is concerned I think the fact his contract expires in the summer is a big factor as well. I've seen it far too many times where players have been non-existent for a couple of years come the last year of their contract you suddenly see a massive improvement in performances and form they then earn their contract. McCleary last year is a prime example. I know a lot would argue McCleary never really had many opportunities at our first team level but neither has McGoldrick!"

Food for thought? It would fit in with his non-committal comments, about liking it here, but his agent is handling matters......?

I hope he is going to stay, and he wants to help rebuild his career, and our fortunes. If he is looking for an opportunity, it is right under his nose....!

mattylad

This comment is interesting . Not saying it is true, with DMG, but made me think of similar situations for one or two of our players , over the years.

"The right team thing is spot on. We've seen so many successful strikers at this club that for some reason or another it just hasn't worked. McGoldrick had a decent record before coming here and has a good record since going elsewhere.

Same applies to Marlon King, Grant Holt and if Boro carry on the way they are Miller is going to finish this season having played a part in a big promotion campaign.. if they go up he is going to have played a part in a championship promotion.

For me personally, where McGoldrick is concerned I think the fact his contract expires in the summer is a big factor as well. I've seen it far too many times where players have been non-existent for a couple of years come the last year of their contract you suddenly see a massive improvement in performances and form they then earn their contract. McCleary last year is a prime example. I know a lot would argue McCleary never really had many opportunities at our first team level but neither has McGoldrick!"

Food for thought? It would fit in with his non-committal comments, about liking it here, but his agent is handling matters......?

I hope he is going to stay, and he wants to help rebuild his career, and our fortunes. If he is looking for an opportunity, it is right under his nose....!
Yeah but they are talking about playing him 4-4-2 which we dont play so they really have no clue how to get the best out of him

pusbccfc

So how could we get him?

Some Forest fans reckon they can get the same money out of him, £1mill.

For me, I doubt it. If I was in charge at Barnsley, Cardiff, or for whoever wants him, I'd do my research and realise, his previous championship record is appalling. Why would they waste that amount of money on a striker that has played over 60 times and scored about 7 goals.

Secondly, wages.
My guesses, is that the championship clubs would likely offer around 10k (maybe more). Now, if we sold 3/4 of the 'deadwood' players, then surely that would amount to 10k.
Its worth a gamble making him our highest paid player (by some distance).

WillieStanley

He scored 12 for Soton in the Champ, which would have made him top goal scorer at City last season. I think all we can do is remind him that he's already a record breaker at Cov and he has the chance to be apart of something really special and go down in the history books.

Users who are viewing this thread