Mc Fadz (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

The important thing for Robins is to get two top notch pacy CBs either side of him, preferably not loans. McFadz is fit & mobile has easily got another championship season in him.

Kilclines curly mullet

Amazing to see his improvement over the past couple of seasons.

I recall some supporters wanting him out - to be fair mind he did have a couple of howlers early doors.

Without him, we concede last night in the final 15 minutes and even go on to lose.

New contract fully deserved.

ccfcricoh

As important as Gyokeres and Hamer for me

PPG with Fadz - 1.5
PPG without Fadz - 1.1

Goals conceded per game with Fadz - 0.95
Goals conceded per game without Fadz -1.3

fatso

So
we were conceding 3-4 goals a game, Mc Fadz is back and apart from the first minute that's 2 clean sheets. The guy is an animal for us.
So apart from the goals we've conceded, we havn't conceded any goals!

Attachments

• huh-what.gif
    huh-what.gif
    55.9 KB · Views: 13

Evo1883

I accept that he had a few dodgy games at the start , however in the league 1 season we conceded 30 in 34 matches , the best defence in the league .. he was largely superb .

Fans also tended to blame him for things in the first championship season , things like biamous backpass that put him in the shit at forest was blamed on fadz which was nonsense.

His time here he's been pretty tremendous overall , has helped develop players around him with his leadership and really should have been captain instead of Kelly from the day he arrived

fernandopartridge

I accept that he had a few dodgy games at the start , however in the league 1 season we conceded 30 in 34 matches , the best defence in the league .. he was largely superb .

Fans also tended to blame him for things in the first championship season , things like biamous backpass that put him in the shit at forest was blamed on fadz which was nonsense.

His time here he's been pretty tremendous overall , has helped develop players around him with his leadership and really should have been captain instead of Kelly from the day he arrived

Once we went to 3 at the back in L1 we were rock solid and the run prior to the abandonment we barely conceded, he probably brought Hyam's game up a level as well tbqh

long way home

The awareness Fadz has is so clear when you watch him play, his head is on a swivel he is always pointing and instructing orders to all the whole 90 mins. He must see the game in slow motion and plays like he has time to coach while orchestrating all around him. He definitely has benefited from having younger legs either side of him but its an art to keep them in the right positions for you not to get insolated. He is the conductor of our team and when he is in all looks smoother, very good signing and up there with the best MR has made.

He keeps his job very simple and it creates a sense of confidence with all around. Going forward we need another player who will also take the rains and give the depth we need with Fadz.

CovLis86

Was so good last night, hope his legs can keep him going through to end of his new contract.

I would be expecting Burnley to offer McNally + cash for Vik in summer, and cash amount dependant, would be happy with that. Could he ideal long term successor and have a season under his wing to learn.

pusbccfc

He's a brilliant leader and sets an example. He also backs up his team mates when the opposition are being gritty.

He's a proper captain, unlike Allen.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Whatever the post Wilson ,Sheff , McFadz or whoever . You have to mention Allen so you don't like him we know now give it a rest.
By the way I am a great fan of Mc Fadz CLASS

SkyBlueGuy

we were conceding 3-4 goals a game, Mc Fadz is back and apart from the first minute that's 2 clean sheets. The guy is an animal for us.
I agree we didn't do as well without McFadzean in the team, but this is our goals conceded after he was injured/ came back:

So 5 clean sheets there. There were 5 losses, 4 wins and 4 draws.

In that run we played Norwich, Blackburn, Sheff United and Burnley (all above in the table).

The FA Cup result was embarrassing, but without Moore's mistakes it's a very different game (even a man down we always looked like we could pull it back).

If the first 7 games without him, 5 were clean sheets.

He definitely makes a difference, but I think the issues we have had is more to do with squad size.

Still love him. Up for player of the season in my book!

long way home

If you look at him as an individual you see a few weaknesses, mobility being the main one but as slow as he is with his feet to turn his footballing IQ is rapid. And when its that quick everything slows down around you, that is his talent. He also processes the picture and informs others in a very simple way it seems.

I watched him yesterday we were attacking and he wasnt looking at the ball but where Bidwell, Eccles and Cuffy were and within seconds had pulled Eccles deeper in the middle and pushed Mcnally and Doyle slightly wider of himself to create cover. Its very simple but without him none of these younger players have that experience or leadership to see it and solve the potential issue quickly. Great to watch and must be great to listen to, he will make all those better around him just by his IQ and experience.

Last edited:

long way home

I think MR has his eye on McNally as a potential perm signing for next season. And i wouldn't mind seeing Rose extended and Panzo, Doyle and Cuffy back on loan for a season. Im sure Dasilva will be in as a perm signing at LWB and they will develop Burroughs as a RWB.

shmmeee

Actually love him. Keeps defying expectations and gets better and better. Proper captain just wish he was five years younger.

ccfc1234

Actually love him. Keeps defying expectations and gets better and better. Proper captain just wish he was five years younger.
Am sure he wishes he was 10 years younger! He is a player who I really think we should try and keep around when he hangs his boots up. For now a bit like Man Utd did with Giggs we can keep giving him 1 year contracts and see how things go season by season. Based on how much he has improved, if he can keep fit he could go on for a while!

Brighton Sky Blue

Am sure he wishes he was 10 years younger! He is a player who I really think we should try and keep around when he hangs his boots up. For now a bit like Man Utd did with Giggs we can keep giving him 1 year contracts and see how things go season by season. Based on how much he has improved, if he can keep fit he could go on for a while!

Maybe he’ll be like that Japanese guy and keep going into his 50s

thekidfromstrettoncamp

When you get to his age anticipation is a great part of your game and he is a very good reader of the game .I think cheeky bids should go in for Doyle and McNally don't know how long their contracts are but if they see the possibility of playing regular in the Championship or waiting 2 possibly 3 years and maybe never getting a chance.In Doyle's case I think Burnley has 1 of Man.Cities who plays CB so he(Doyle) might be well back in the pecking order.

Offhegoes

Doyle signed a new deal a few weeks ago at Man City. Till 2027 i think
He's nowhere near breaking into Man City's first team squad. Best thing is another 1 year loan for him, and I am sure we'll be in pole position if that's the case. However would like to think we might try and sign both McNally and Panzo as perms in the summer if Burnley go up and Forest stay in the Premier League.

Fergusons_Beard

Speculation but I think we have Panzo on the same sort of deal we got Sheaf and Gyo on. Loan with a view to a permanent deal.
Doyle will go to a lower league Prem club next year.
McNally-who knows but would love to have him and Panzo back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread