Maycock signs extension (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Thing is it sends out a good message to potential academy lads that maybe hovering on the should we shan't we sign for Cov, maybe just persuade them seeing the number of academy lads getting 1st team chances
Yeah while we're down among the dead men, our USP is that we give players the chance to actually play and develop, unlike clubs at a higher level.

So we offer the profile they won;t get elsewhere.

hamil99

Facebook User
Definitely a good move, hopefully he'll get some game time. I wonder if they are covering his wages? I know It won't be much, but surely everything we can add to the budget the better.

ceetee

Some have been questioning why we have signed players for the U23 squad; it's so that players like Maycock can move on

clint van damme

I believe the senior players at the club rate him. Apparently we haven't seen the best of him when he's played for the first team so far. As others have said he's very young so hopefully it will come as he gets more experience
That's reassuring. Got to admit I've not been impressed upto now.
Hopefully he'll step up this season.

no_loyalty

Think it will be good for him to get some game time, never really figured out what sort of player he is.

My Blues supporting mate at work is good friends with Maycock's dad, and he told me that Robin's rates him highly and sees him as Michael Doyle's eventual replacement

skybluegod

Heard Tranmere wanted Ponticelli but may not happen now with the delay in getting our targets

Brackley town wanted him last year. We said no then even tho he was 5th choice at the time... so I doubt we will loan him out this year when he is currently 2/3rd choice

mark82

Think this is a great move for all. Hopefully he'll go and have a stormer and come back first team ready. Was never going to get serious game time here.

Users who are viewing this thread