Maybe we should follow Cardiff's lead? (1 Viewer)

Change our kit to RED, i've always felt Skyblue is a crap colour tbh. Might bring us some luck for a change!

Sisu out!

Nonleagueherewecome

This is becoming a weekly thread!

Gaz

:laugh::laugh:

The only colour I want to see at City, is the colour of money.

Nonleagueherewecome

:laugh::laugh:

The only colour I want to see at City, is the colour of money.

"Come on you greens!"

Unless it's Hoffman's money, ie £1, in which case "come on you sorta brassy-gold coloured's!"

Otis

Maybe we should change the english flag while we are at it

Yeah, that's right, cos the English St George's flag has been in existence since the 16th century and we have been the Sky Blues for 50 years.

Nice comparison.

:whistle:

Nonleagueherewecome

It would definitely remove the 'cant see skyblue shirts on the backdrop of empty sky blue seats' excuse.

"The kit's too bright, it's blinding the players.."

rob9872

The fabric of the club needs resolving before we get concerned about the fabric of the shirts.

ccfctommy

What is this forums fucking obsession with changing our colours? I think it's odd that so many fans want to change the identity of the club. You want to watch a team in red follow United.

The Cardiff thing is the worst type of plastic modern football shite I've ever seen. A lot of their fans have just sat back an taken it. Sickening.

Rant over.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's certainly working for them!

Changing the kit colour hasn't done anything in particular, try the millions their investors have ploughed in so far on transfers, with a good manager!

They were always pushing for promotion even as the 'blues'.

If it ever happened (which I sincerely hope it does not!) I'd like to able to see the response if SISU did it, or some multi-millionaire, it'd be interesting. If either tried it, I'd be angry.

Last edited:

mrtrench

Change our kit to RED, i've always felt Skyblue is a crap colour tbh. Might bring us some luck for a change!

Sisu out!

Yep, that's the reason. It's not the leaching of the club's money by some directors. It's not the mismanagement of the club since we fell from the Premiership. It's not the lack of money. It's not the ownership by a firm that's whole raison d'etre is to get financial returns greater than anyone could consider reasonable.

It's the colour of the shirts we play in.

oakey

Changing the kit colour hasn't done anything in particular, try the millions their investors have ploughed in so far on transfers, with a good manager!

They were always pushing for promotion even as the 'blues'.

If it ever happened (which I sincerely hope it does not!) I'd like to able to see the response if SISU did it, or some multi-millionaire, it'd be interesting. If either tried it, I'd be angry.
Nothing to say about SISU tonight, SBTaylor?

Nonleagueherewecome

you do realise that would involve changing songs ;) :

Play up reds
while we sing together
we will never lose .....

We need to do that anyway.

"Scunthorpe or Bury, Colchester or anyone..."

Nonleagueherewecome

FRY-CCFC

What is this forums fecking obsession with changing our colours? I think it's odd that so many fans want to change the identity of the club. You want to watch a team in red follow United.

The Cardiff thing is the worst type of plastic modern football shite I've ever seen. A lot of their fans have just sat back an taken it. Sickening.

Rant over.
I think I'd take it if we were about to go into the prem.

Wouldn't you???

Otis

Don't get this anger, I really don't!

We have been in existence since 1883. That's 130 years.

We have been the Sky Blues for just over 50 of those years. Almost two thirds of our existence has not been as the Sky Blues.

From 1924 until 1961, when we were the Bantams we played in a much darker blue and also in white.

No sky blue at all in our kit from 1924-1962.

As long as there was still some sky blue in our kits I wouldn't be that fussed to be honest.

Said eleventy billion times, I would like to see bold stripes. Sky blue and dark blue, as we have been adorned in before on a number of occasions.

coventry_city_1996-1997.gif

coventry_city_1997-1998.gif

coventry_city_1998-1999.gif

coventry_city_2003-2004.gif

coventry_city_1989-1991.gif

coventry_city_1991-1992.gif

Why not go back to something like these? The latest kit I think is just awful. Washed out and tired looking.

wiganer

fook me, how could anyone ever want this to happen to their own club, got to say i am surprised at the amount of cardiff fans that have now accepted the kit change just because it looks like they might be successful, sickening stuff palace got it spot in with the 'killed by your own greed' banner. i really do worry for the future of the game if fans actually want this.

against modern football and all the best to AFC cardiff.

Otis

We have had dark blue in our kit from 1898!!

Why aren't we all up in arms about that? That has all but disappeared the last 3 years. Can't remember much anger about that when we have taken the dark blue out!

Otis

It's all about the degree of the change, John.

I wouldn't wish for us to suddenly go to red or anything extreme, but we can rebrand to a previous incarnation and stripes and dark blue with sky blue.

I would be 100% for such a move. A combination of sky blue and dark blue. Historically, that has been our kit!

I detest this season's kit with a passion. Lifeless, dull and washed out.

Users who are viewing this thread