Maybe this just sums it all up (1 Viewer)

Otis

Forget who you blame etc etc - this sums up the crap thats going on at our club

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php/114-latest-news/407-city-s-future

Yeah and this sums it up too ....

images

No club playing in Coventry andmore and more of these sorts of images are going to be produced. No club here and no live football games to attend and children are going to be ever increasingly drawn to what they see on TV week in week out and end up choosing Man U or Man City or Chelsea or Arsenal or Liverpool etc..

There's always been kids plumping for the glory clubs anyway, but surely with no decent level of football to go to in their own city, kids are increasingly going to be choosing another team to back and we could lose a whole generation if this ridiculous situation drags on for another 3 or 4 years.

rob9872

That kid has not chosen united at that age so presumably his parents support them too and is a cheap shot at blaming on the move. The problem is getting our kids who are the right age in the ha bit of going and building that next generation of city fans.

Gosford Green

My eldest children had Coventry City forced down their throats. It stuck with eldest the others waned and fell away but the youngest one will not encouraged, unless things change. Thats quite an issue for the club as many feel the same.

The elderly fans who might never see their club play again in Coventry is heart breaking.

wingy

That kid has not chosen united at that age so presumably his parents support them too and is a cheap shot at blaming on the move. The problem is getting our kids who are the right age in the ha bit of going and building that next generation of city fans.

Thats a library photo from something else rob ,Otis has just used It to suggest the likelyhood of what will happen,with the kids.

wes_cov

This has actually caused arguments in my house! My wife and her family are villa fans (I know i didn't realise at the time) but so far i have managed to resist my son being taken to the darkside.

Otis

Thats a library photo from something else rob ,Otis has just used It to suggest the likelyhood of what will happen,with the kids.

Yep, exactly.

This is what we can expect more of the longer City stay away.

shmmeee

Have always thought that SISU should do LOTS more for the OAP's, kids etc.

Yes. At the bare minimum free tickets for U16s and free travel for OAPs should've been the first announcement after Sixfields was announced.

Nick

Administrator
Yes. At the bare minimum free tickets for U16s and free travel for OAPs should've been the first announcement after Sixfields was announced.
I agree, same for disabled fans. Yes it would still be awful but from a pr side they could have done so Much better.

CJ_covblaze

I agree, same for disabled fans. Yes it would still be awful but from a pr side they could have done so Much better.

Spot on. OAP's/disabled travel should've been one of the priorities. For a game at the Ricoh taking someone on the number 4 who had restricted mobility or couldn't walk at all is relatively easy in this day and age with buses that kneel to the curb and have appropriate seating. Not everyone can get on a coach. The only other alternative for some is a bus to Coventry station, train, then bus to the ground which is probably in the region of 15 quid each rather than 4.

Keeping the ball boys/girls would've been nice. As would the club doing more to help the volunteers that keep the fanzone going.

Shame it's been down to the Trust, FPA and members of the SCG to do the simple things that club should be doing themselves.

shmmeee

Spot on. OAP's/disabled travel should've been one of the priorities. For a game at the Ricoh taking someone on the number 4 who had restricted mobility or couldn't walk at all is relatively easy in this day and age with buses that kneel to the curb and have appropriate seating. Not everyone can get on a coach. The only other alternative for some is a bus to Coventry station, train, then bus to the ground which is probably in the region of 15 quid each rather than 4.

Keeping the ball boys/girls would've been nice. As would the club doing more to help the volunteers that keep the fanzone going.

Shame it's been down to the Trust, FPA and members of the SCG to do the simple things that club should be doing themselves.

Exactly, it's lack of action in areas like this that, for me, make the talk of wanting to be at the heart of the Coventry community ring hollow. Even with the move away, there's so much they could be doing to soften the blow on the more vulnerable.

Edit: I'm going to go on a rant here.

We are a football club. Not a football company. We should be seen as members of this club, not as customers of this business.

I've just watched a German team, full of homegrown talent, look like dominating world football for the foreseeable future. Their clubs are about the only major ones that consistently turn a profit and don't rely on wealthy backers and dodgy deals to stay afloat.

Half of their strategy at club level is based around investment in youth first over signings and integrating the youth and senior setups, and for that I cannot praise the work of Fisher and Waggott enough (whoever actually makes those decisions). Pressley, and Robins before him, are both the type of managers that I'd happily have here for a long period, building a legacy. Our academy will produce good enough talent for this league if we invest in it, and that has been proven recently.

However, the other half is that they are strongly rooted in the community. Bayern get 55% of it's income from sponsorship, mostly from local companies. Compared to 37% for Man Utd for example. Their club is run by member owners, who prioritise local talent and sustainability over short term success and who use local celebrities like former players to drive sponsorship money into the club. A lot of the clubs also have local teams in other sports and encompass ladies and disabled sports teams.

They are truly part of their local community, from fund raising and sports to, in some cases, helping out local families in need or other worthy causes. This builds not only strong loyalty (that with cheap tickets becomes strong attendances) but also opens up a wealth of local income that otherwise would be missed out on. People are far more likely to invest if they feel part of the club. We may not have Adidas or Audi on our doorstep, but we do have big local companies that we could be doing far more for. We do have local sports and businesses that would benefit from our exposure, not to mention local talent that could vastly improve the half time and pre-match entertainment :D

A club should be a showcase for local talent, a networking venue for local business, a place of inclusion for all members of the community, where everyone's on one side for a change.

But none of that is possible if the club isn't present in the local community, let alone if it's straight up toxic.

This is why there should be no obstacles to a short term return, whether it takes free rent and absorbing match day costs, or dropping the claim to the £590k from ACL or an acceptance that ticket revenue will far outweigh F&B for a couple of years at the Ricoh while negotiations/ground building is ongoing from Sisu.

Last edited:

turlykerd

....and suffers from dyslexia..? ;)

" 'i' before 'e' except after."....... come on turleykerd.. raise game!!!:)

I currently live in north Carolina, and have flown back home twice since the move out of Coventry.
unfortunately,both times we have played a "home"game
I can honestly say that the extra distance ontop of my 3700 mile trip isn't an issue or the reason why I didn't go.

as regards to my last post on here , I was just being blunt and honest, and although I can't explain myself too good due to my dislexia , it seems many fellow Coventry city supporters feel a similar way but put it in a far more articulated way.

its ironic were playing Mk dons soon as personally it almost feels like sisu are trying to engineer a similar kinda move , also, I'm sure there won't be many people from Wimbledon attending .

give you strength?? all city fans could do with strength to see us through this awful situation.

as soon as were back in cov the better

i shall refer you a post i made some time ago

i have chronic dislexia , and *struggle to come to terms with it daily

*or couldnt give a shit what invisible people on internet forums think

ohitsaidwalker king power

its cool...reading back on my last comment i could see it not coming over as the "sophisticated dry and hilariously retondre" as was intended, and more "dick"
which wasnt my intention.

i was laughing at your *I before E as i was typing :)

*or E before I whatever

Phew a releif ;). thought you meant "deck" for a minute... was gonna get my trainers on..!!!

Users who are viewing this thread