Maxed out on Loans and still short on Players (1 Viewer)

Samo

Apologies if already posted but...
With the Maddison loan back taking us to 6 this surely leaves us in a spot;
We still need by TM's own admission a striker and a winger but with loans now not an option, where are those players going to come from?

Samo

Sorry AFC, didn't notice your thread.

Captain Dart

Apologies if already posted but...
With the Maddison loan back taking us to 6 this surely leaves us in a spot;
We still need by TM's own admission a striker and a winger but with loans now not an option, where are those players going to come from?

On the contrary I think the squad is getting a bit too big. Aren't there a few loans expiring soon (month end).

Samo

On the contrary I think the squad is getting a bit too big. Aren't there a few loans expiring soon (month end).

Like who?
You don't think we need another striker?

Gazolba

In my opinion, we need to offload some dead wood before getting anyone else in.

Samo

In my opinion, we need to offload some dead wood before getting anyone else in.

Ideally yes but players don't tend to tear up contracts until they have another lined up.

ceetee

If you want to offload a player you have to find him another club (who are prepared to take a player you think is dead wood!) or pay off his contract.

st john

I think we should get 1 striker in on loan if we can find someone good enough.
Then we could play Cargill, Stephens, Armstrong, new striker. Maddison/Murphy could alternate depending on form and tactics

Samo

I think we should get 1 striker in on loan if we can find someone good enough.
Then we could play Cargill, Stephens, Armstrong, new striker. Maddison/Murphy could alternate depending on form and tactics

and Bigi? You think Newcastle will be happy about him not being involved?

shmmeee

Can we? And do we want to piss off Newcastle at the moment?

OK, stick Bigi in the U21s, and Madders, and get a forward in. Frankly I think both are surplus to requirements and as much as I like both, no room for sentiment in the game these days.

Specs WT-R75

Send Bigi back. Send Madders back. Get a forward in on loan.

There is no recall clause in the Bigi loan, nor the Murphy loan. There is a recall clause in the Armstrong loan...

The two latest are also both season loans... so none of them expiring. I suspect Bigi's game time is going to be diminishing once Vincelot is back.

ajsccfc

Does Maddison's age make a difference and count as a youth loan or anything like that at all? I'm not familiar with the rules.

Otis

Yeah, it's the same as we all felt about Eddie the Eagle Edwards.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Doesn't seem that someone worked this out very well does it. So we have 6 loans, 5 we can use in any one matchday squad, which means extra cost doesnt it for sitting around and an extra headache for TM to keep all six happy

shmmeee

Does Maddison's age make a difference and count as a youth loan or anything like that at all? I'm not familiar with the rules.

It's a youth loan, like Arma, but it doesn't make any difference as far as I can tell.

st john

and Bigi? You think Newcastle will be happy about him not being involved?

I get the impression Newcastle just want him off their books. Could be wrong, but I doubt they see his loan as a development process.

rupert_bear

Short of players ? Goalkeepers 2 defenders, Martin, Ricketts,Stokes, Lorentzen,Ramage,Stephens,Cargill,Phillips,Haynes,Willis &Johnson when fit Midfield Cole,Lamieras,Fleck,Vincelot,Rose,ROB, Murphy,Bigiriamma, Hunt,Maddison that's Ten defenders without Johnson, ten midfield plus Armstrong Tudgay and Fortune all with plenty of experience too.

AFCCOVENTRY

It's going to be Bigi who will be left out.

We need those 2 new geezers at the back.

Murphy and Arma are our only real attacking options and then Madderz.

Samo

Short of players ? Goalkeepers 2 defenders, Martin, Ricketts,Stokes, Lorentzen,Ramage,Stephens,Cargill,Phillips,Haynes,Willis &Johnson when fit Midfield Cole,Lamieras,Fleck,Vincelot,Rose,ROB, Murphy,Bigiriamma, Hunt,Maddison that's Ten defenders without Johnson, ten midfield plus Armstrong Tudgay and Fortune all with plenty of experience too.

I meant short of players in specific positions as you well know.
For example; If Armstrong were to get injured we are left with Tudgay and MAF to see us through, you happy with that?

Samo

It says something when people are worried it will piss Newcastle off if we send him back.

Yes it does... It says we are over-reliant on Adam Armstrong.

Users who are viewing this thread