Max joins the Vikings! (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

Waghorn had pedigree, but the evidence that he was on the wane was already out there in his last season at Derby, where his goal output dropped markedly. The one thing I would say though was that from what I understand he was always a good pro within the squad set up, so in that sense was similar to Biamou.

Evo1883

Waghorn had pedigree, but the evidence that he was on the wane was already out there in his last season at Derby, where his goal output dropped markedly. The one thing I would say though was that from what I understand he was always a good pro within the squad set up, so in that sense was similar to Biamou.
They were relegated , and were generally shite , might be part of the reason

Irrespective waghorn was never a great goalscoring striker

Grendel

Ofcourse but as I stated earlier , waghorn had the pedigree , it's easy to see why we signed him .

PVA thought we should have kept Biamou and not signed Gyokeres

Hertsccfc

Oops my bad, the 54 was his total times in the squad, so included the times he didn't get off the bench.

So it's 2 goals in 38 games and still almost twice as poor as Biamou's minutes per goal.

What Waghorn did in his career prior to joining is irrelevant when discussing his performances for us.
Exactly. There is no doubt Biamou was much better for us than Waghorn.

Grendel

Exactly. There is no doubt Biamou was much better for us than Waghorn.

Waghorn was fine when he started with us and Covid seemed to impact him

PVA

I think people like to slate Biamou to be edgy. We signed him for practically nothing, he did his job as a squad player during our rise and its fact he had more of a contribution than actual crap that we played in the championship such as Bakayoko, Maguire and Waghorn.

Yep definitely.

As I said earlier, he contributed far more to the club than plenty of players with much more talent than him.

Surely contributing like that despite being a fairly limited player is a reason to praise him, rather than berate him.

Evo1883

I think people like to slate Biamou to be edgy. We signed him for practically nothing, he did his job as a squad player during our rise and its fact he had more of a contribution than actual crap that we played in the championship such as Bakayoko, Maguire and Waghorn.

I for one feel extremely edgy right now

Ccfcisparks

Yep definitely.

As I said earlier, he contributed far more to the club than plenty of players with much more talent than him.

Surely contributing like that despite being a fairly limited player is a reason to praise him, rather than berate him.
Its similar to Shola Ameobi at Newcastle, limited player who did a job when needed.

Otis

Yep definitely.

Yeah, fair enough.

He should be fine in League Two I would have thought. Championship was definitely a bridge too far.

He should do well at this level I would have thought

Ccfcisparks

Back in the hole for you son if you carry on ?

No but seriously you've just said yourself he's limited , that's a kind way of saying shite
He was shite at this level lets be honest, but he always put effort in. I compare him to players like Andre Wright who couldnt even be arsed to give us the bare minimum. I was happy to let Max go when we did, but if we hadn't kept him to play upfront in those games first season where we had 0 strikers other than him, I dread to think where we would be.

Evo1883

He was shite at this level lets be honest, but he always put effort in. I compare him to players like Andre Wright who couldnt even be arsed to give us the bare minimum. I was happy to let Max go when we did, but if we hadn't kept him to play upfront in those games first season where we had 0 strikers other than him I dread to think where we would be.
To be honest , I said almost word for word what you said in the first line .

Ccfcisparks

A vastly superior player to biamou with a far greater impact whose had vitriol chucked at him.

I doubt fans would be travelling to “watch Matty at his debut for another club” - it’s genuinely pathetic
It was a joke not aimed at you bud

PVA

Back in the hole for you son if you carry on ?

No but seriously you've just said yourself he's limited , that's a kind way of saying shite

It was me that said he was limited.

And what I mean by that is that technically he was clearly a level below the championship but managed to hold his own by using his physical attributes and probably through sheer determination and effort.

We've had a lot of players technically far superior to Biamou who haven't contributed at championship level - Waghorn a prime example.

Evo1883

It was me that said he was limited.

And what I mean by that is that technically he was clearly a level below the championship but managed to hold his own by using his physical attributes and probably through sheer determination and effort.

We've had a lot of players technically far superior to Biamou who haven't contributed at championship level - Waghorn a prime example.
Parks said it too tbf

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

And if anyone is going to watch Walsall on the off chance he may get a couple of minutes of game time they need fucking help

Grendel

I mean - he’s limited but I’m starting a thread saying he’s great

Grendel

Joy Division

Not sure why the obsession to compare him and bring up Godden in this conversation. Two very different players.

Otis

Not sure why the obsession to compare him and bring up Godden in this conversation. Two very different players.
It's a bit odd. Seems like any Max Biamou story fans the flames.

This should just be a nice, glad he's got a club at last thread shouldn't it? That's hoping for too much on SBT though. 😂

I wish him well. I won't be travelling to go and watch him play anywhere, but each and every to their own. Don't know why it always develops into a debate on how crap he is as a footballer, every time his name is brought up. 🤷

Grendel

Where is the obsession? Who has the obsession? Why compare him to Waghorn then as they are two very different players.

Users who are viewing this thread