Max joins the Vikings! (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

The hype wasn’t warranted but neither is/was the derision.. he scored some important goals and always put in a shift. He’s obviously not a legend but he was a decent former player that I’m glad to see has another club.
The derision is usually in response to the inevitable hyperbole. I’m glad that he’s managed to find himself a club, personally but the ‘haterz’ stuff is just ridiculous.

curly_tom

The derision is usually in response to the inevitable hyperbole. I’m glad that he’s managed to find himself a club, personally but the ‘haterz’ stuff is just ridiculous.
It certainly looks like hate. If you so much as mention Biamou on this forum there are one or two (you may be one of them, I’m not sure) who pounce on you and tell you why you shouldn’t have affection for him. If it isn’t hate then it’s obsession.

Sick Boy

It certainly looks like hate. If you so much as mention Biamou on this forum there are one or two (you may be one of them, I’m not sure) who pounce on you and tell you why you shouldn’t have affection for him. If it isn’t hate then it’s obsession.
I’ve met him and he was a decent guy but I didn’t think he should have been kept on after the first season in the Championship. It turns out Robins agreed with that and he was released.

Not rating someone as a footballer is very different to ‘hating’ them.

Legia Sky Blue

I’ve met him and he was a decent guy but I didn’t think he should have been kept on after the first season in the Championship. It turns out Robins agreed with that and he was released.

If that had remained the tone of the criticism of him then I don't think anyone would have referred to those critics as 'haters'. Unfortunately there were undoubtedly some really vitrolic stuff hurled at him however, much of it not even aimed at his footballing ability but at him engaging with the fans and seeming to have an affection for the club, which to me always seemed a strange thing to criticise him for.

Otis

The hype wasn’t warranted but neither is/was the derision.. he scored some important goals and always put in a shift. He’s obviously not a legend but he was a decent former player that I’m glad to see has another club.
Definitely second that.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I would take him now over Godden in a heartbeat. Crazy how Biamou has spent over two years in the footballing wilderness, yet players like Godden, Kelly & Allen are deemed good enough for a top-half Championship side.
Yeah it's not like they've appeared regularly for a side that has finished in the top half of the Championship to warrant such an assessment either. Crazy.

torchomatic

Looking on Twitter, there are some who reckon he could still do a job for us.

Would have saved a lot of money keeping Max rather than spunking it on Waghorn.

Evo1883

Would have saved a lot of money keeping Max rather than spunking it on Waghorn.
Waghorn was a decent signing on paper and had all the attributes to be a good here , just didn't work out especially after his injury .. had a far superior career to max

torchomatic

Waghorn was a decent signing on paper and had all the attributes to be a good here , just didn't work out especially after his injury .. had a far superior career to max
If only football was played on a sheet of A4...A far superior career maybe, but not for Coventry City FC, and that's all I care about. Max was head and shoulders above Waghorn here.

Evo1883

If only football was played on a sheet of A4...A far superior career maybe, but not for Coventry City FC, and that's all I care about. Max was head and shoulders above Waghorn here.
At Championship level they were both shite for us if we're being honest , hence why the manager didn't renew him for mere pennies

torchomatic

At Championship level they were both shite for us if we're being honest , hence why the manager didn't renew him for mere pennies

I don't think six goals in 36 Championship games is "shite". No, not setting the world alight, but better than many we've had here.

torchomatic

PVA

Let's be honest Waghorn was dogshit for us.

2 goals in 54 games for a striker on (presumably) high wages is appalling.

He had one half decent spell where he linked well with Gyokeres (without scoring or creating anything). And that was it.

Biamou's goals per minutes ratio at championship level was almost twice as good.

Evo1883

He had one half decent spell where he linked well with Gyokeres (without scoring or creating anything). And that was it.

Biamou's goals per minutes ratio at championship level was almost twice as good.
Granted he was shite , but where have you got 54 games from ?

He had a championship goal to minute ratio of 1 every 278 minutes over his career of almost 400 matches

Biamou 1 goal every 402 minutes from 34 championship matches

Ccfcisparks

He had 3 in 42 actually

fatso

Oh no no, unless your constantly blowing smoke up a players arse your a hater according to some on here. Honestly it's getting as bad as X

It's amazing how many fans suddenly lose the ability to objectively rate any player once they pull on a sky blue shirt.

In the case of Max he did a decent job of leading the line for us, he scored a few important and spectacular goals along the way, he's remembered fondly, but ultimately he was never going to score often enough to earn another contract here once we got promoted.

I'm glad he's got another chance to show what he can do, and I wish him every success at Doncaster.

Evo1883

Biamou just reached his ceiling with us. He helped us as a club smash a few ceilings before that mind you so fucking be grateful?

There are so many players who let us down. Why get on the back of those that actually helped us?

Just weird.

I think he's a nice bloke , did some good things .

Wasn't a good footballer though 😕 sorry

Otis

I don't get all the debating. Same old back and forth, that's been done to death so may times before.

We should all be pleased he's found himself a new club shouldn't we?

He was a decent bloke (even turned up at the playoff final), tried his very best and scored a few fabulous goals for us.

I didn't think he was crap and I didn't think he was brilliant. He did a job while he was here though.

Good luck to him. Hope he does well at Doncaster.

Evo1883

I don't get all the debating. Same old back and forth, that's been done to death so may times before.

We should all be pleased he's found himself a new club shouldn't we?

He was a decent bloke (even turned up at the playoff final), tried his very best and scored a few fabulous goals for us.

I didn't think he was crap and I didn't think he was brilliant. He did a job while he was here though.

Good luck to him. Hope he does well at Doncaster.

Season 4 Nod GIF by The Office

PVA

Granted he was shite , but where have you got 54 games from ?

He had a championship goal to minute ratio of 1 every 278 minutes over his career of almost 400 matches

Biamou 1 goal every 402 minutes from 34 championship matches

Oops my bad, the 54 was his total times in the squad, so included the times he didn't get off the bench.

So it's 2 goals in 38 games and still almost twice as poor as Biamou's minutes per goal.

What Waghorn did in his career prior to joining is irrelevant when discussing his performances for us.

Evo1883

Oops my bad, the 54 was his total times in the squad, so included the times he didn't get off the bench.

So it's 2 goals in 38 games and still almost twice as poor as Biamou's minutes per goal.

What Waghorn did in his career prior to joining is irrelevant when discussing his performances for us.
Ofcourse but as I stated earlier , waghorn had the pedigree , it's easy to see why we signed him .

Users who are viewing this thread