Matty James (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

For me, and only me because i appreciate the respect for sheaf on here ... He has to be signed if possible at the end of the season.. He's everything I want sheaf to be..

I'm not bashing sheaf, he's alot more inexperienced... And could end up as good... But we need that kind of head in the middle... Him and Kelly will be the one, push hamer up next to o hare

Hamer is a very dangerous player that can make things happen, will be just as good in a more forward role

Grendel

Depends if he influences results

Evo1883

Depends if he influences results
Kelly being back is more important for me, but I can see James truly flourishing next to Kelly

I definitely forget just how important Kelly is to this team at times

cc84cov

Hes a perfect fit/replacement for Kelly. Kelly is still my number one choice for that role/position. Just a shame he's made of paper.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
James is the better player mate but to have a pairing of Kelly and James with Hamer further forward as Evo suggested could be good

stay_up_skyblues

He is a great player and will likely have better offers than us. If we could get him it would be a real coup and a sign of intent for next season. Wouldn’t have him and Kelly in the same side though, too similar and it would make for a negative set up IMO.

Covstar

Man of the match today and totally deserved. His positioning, anticipation and tenacity in midfield is top notch. Acts and plays like a leader too. Need to do all in our powers to sign him permanently .

SBAndy

He is a great player and will likely have better offers than us. If we could get him it would be a real coup and a sign of intent for next season. Wouldn’t have him and Kelly in the same side though, too similar and it would make for a negative set up IMO.

Absolutely this. You only need one of him and Kelly, and I think he is set to be the upgrade on Kelly in the summer.

Interestingly, I’m wondering whether (if Hamer is sold in the summer) James and Sheaf would work well as a midfield base? Would make sense to then reinvest in attacking options from the sale proceeds.

shmmeee

If it’s a choice between him and any of a GK, CB, LCB, LWB, AM, ST I wouldn’t sign him. If the budget is there then sure. Instead of Kelly though, not as well as. Two expensive crocks is just a waste.

Hertsccfc

Really clever signing by the club. We have great young midfielders in Hamer and O'Hare who should play in the Premier league in due course, and they will develop even quicker with a classy experienced player alongside them.

I feel he might well be the difference between us staying up or not. It's not just that he is a really player but we will get more out of the other two. O'Hare already looks more composed to me with James around.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Yeah he is a brilliant signing. Good passer. Good tackler. Good decision maker.

Really like him. Maybe the player sheaf will become with experience

Said exactly the same earlier today to my brother about Sheaf becoming the type of player James is with more experience.

Like others have said, the problem with James as a permanent signing will be his wages and how we then set up. Unlikely we would play him and Kelly together so you would assume Kelly wouldn’t stay if James signed. Not playing Sheaf because we have James wouldn’t be great for Sheafs development and I doubt they would play together, probably too similar.

cc84cov

I think Sheaf was the longer term Kelly replacement with the idea being one or other of them alongside Hamer at the base of the box midfield. James and Sheaf have played together as, prior to today we were playing a 4-3-3.
Frostbite is talking like he speaks to robins and robins told him they are to compliment each other 🤣

covcity4life

Said exactly the same earlier today to my brother about Sheaf becoming the type of player James is with more experience.

Like others have said, the problem with James as a permanent signing will be his wages and how we then set up. Unlikely we would play him and Kelly together so you would assume Kelly wouldn’t stay if James signed. Not playing Sheaf because we have James wouldn’t be great for Sheafs development and I doubt they would play together, probably too similar.
I dunno i could see them both working and give hamer more of a license to roam

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

I dunno i could see them both working and give hamer more of a license to roam

Agree with that if we are in a 4-3-3 but playing with wing backs seems to be a better fit with the players we have. Idea of Hamer having a roaming role I like, when we have Walker back and someone with an instinct to score we can hopefully create more, until then playing him deeper and helping break up play more is needed. If we continue to keep things tight at the back we are keeping ourselves in games, just need the ability to score!!

mrtrench

Sheaf was signed to compliment Kelly not replace him, he can do the same with James (when fit again).

Let's just hope he's not too obsequious with the compliments.

Having said that, he might also complement Kelly.

Users who are viewing this thread