Matty Godden (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Feels like he’s been around for years. Joined the same month as Callum O’Hare. Does that seem mad to anyone else?

He has had quite a while out injured and maybe because o hare plays nion every week it might give the illusion that godden has been here longer .

Although I could be talking shit as I made that up as I thought it sounded clever.

CCFCSteve

Pleased with this. Might not be an automatic starter but he’ll score some important goals…just hope he can stay fit now

SlowerThanPlatt

skyblue025

Not sure I'd have given Godden 3 years. He's missed a lot of games since he arrived. For me a 2 year with an option for the 3rd. Happy he has signed though.

Grendel

I think the point was more three seasons after this one. He has suffered with injuries and is 30 years old.

thing is if we did get promoted and he’s a wage promotion clause it’a really odd as he’s never going to be a premier league forward

fatso

Not sure I'd have given Godden 3 years. He's missed a lot of games since he arrived. For me a 2 year with an option for the 3rd. Happy he has signed though.
He was given a 2 year extension to his existing contract, and he probably insisted on a minimum 2 year extension.
It suits both parties, if we get promoted we will strengthen and he won’t play much and will probably look to drop down a division, and if we don’t get promoted, we’ve secured his services for a further 2 years.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

thing is if we did get promoted and he’s a wage promotion clause it’a really odd as he’s never going to be a premier league forward

We don't know if there is one but yes, IF we got promoted we'd have to be looking to move quite a few on to step up and he'd probably be one. Given his age the new contract is hardly there to preserve his transfer value.

wingy

We don't know if there is one but yes, IF we got promoted we'd have to be looking to move quite a few on to step up and he'd probably be one. Given his age the new contract is hardly there to preserve his transfer value.
Well unless there are plans for shuffling in January?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well unless there are plans for shuffling in January?

I think it's unlikely we'd have been looking to do so but even if we had I don't think it would've made that much difference to his value. If someone were desperate for a striker they'd pay and if they weren't they'd either only offer a small amount or wait and see if he became a free agent.

Users who are viewing this thread